Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms (20777 Views)

2 Nigerians Fight Over Girls In Malaysia, One In Coma (Graphic Pics) / 2 Nigerians In Vietnam Jailed For 28 Years Over Dating Scam Of About $130,000 / Eiye-buccaneer Cult Clash: 2 Nigerians Killed In Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:13pm On Jun 26, 2018
I hope the Nigerian is not the car dealer arrested in a Club
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by Austema(m): 12:14pm On Jun 26, 2018
T
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by pointstores(m): 12:14pm On Jun 26, 2018
OK nw
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by Constie(f): 12:18pm On Jun 26, 2018
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by kaymandak(m): 12:20pm On Jun 26, 2018
See your life..

Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by deeone10: 12:21pm On Jun 26, 2018
damiloladuke:
Eight people, among which are to Nigerians, have been arrested for their alleged roles in an Africa-based cyber conspiracy that U.S. law enforcement officials say defrauded companies and citizens of millions of dollars.

Five of the defendants – a Mexican, two Americans, a Ghanaian and a Nigerian – were arrested in the U.S., the Justice Department said, NAN reports

The other three – two Ghanaians and a Nigerian – were arrested outside the U.S. and were being held pending extradition.

The arrests were made as part of the department’s efforts to fight schemes to intercept wire transfers from businesses and individuals.

“The defendants allegedly unleashed a barrage of international fraud schemes that targeted US businesses and individuals, robbing them to the tune of approximately 15 million dollars,” said Acting Assistant Attorney-General John Cronan.

The indictments are part of Operation Keyboard Warrior, a recently announced effort coordinated by U.S. and international law enforcement to disrupt online frauds perpetrated from Africa.

The Africa-based co-conspirators committed a series of intrusions into the servers and email systems of a Memphis-based real estate company in 2017, according to the indictment.

The defendants were able to use spoofed email addresses and other anonymisation techniques to identify large financial transactions and initiated fraudulent email correspondence with relevant business parties.

They then redirected closing funds for real estate transactions to destinations in Africa.

The indictment includes charges related to wire fraud, money laundering, computer fraud and identity fraud.

Some of the Africa-based defendants are also charged with operating romance scams, fraudulent-check scams,gold-buying scams and credit card scams.

https://lailasnews.com/2-nigerians-6-others-arrested-for-allegedly-stealing-15m-from-us-firms/

At the bolded
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by Maket: 12:21pm On Jun 26, 2018
All crimes committed outside the country must be associated to Nigeria once the complexion of the person is dark.
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by Constie(f): 12:36pm On Jun 26, 2018
Hmmmm....
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by EweduAfonja(f): 12:38pm On Jun 26, 2018
Alphafeezay:
Wire Wire!!!

Alibaba... not wayaaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by gaby(m): 12:43pm On Jun 26, 2018
Jossyroyal1:
cry

A fight distracted our attention yesterday while we were watching the Portugal vs Iran match... Two yahoo guys were fighting over a transaction so some security (Civil defense, police, neighborhood guard) went to savage the situation.

Unlike me, I decided to draw close to know he cause of their differences that was when I realised they were Yahoo guys.

The way those guys were confidently and shamelessly explaining the scenario of how he scammed a client and his colleague hijacked the transaction and the way they were being celebrated made me lose hope in this country...

At the end they were hailed and freed on the basis of Omoadugbo ni won....

I learnt also that in some part of Benin and Delta, If you are not into Yahoo and internet scam, even ur parent will think u are slow and useless..

Where have we gotten it wrong as a nation??
I weep for NIGERIA cry

It's the shameful reality bro...I shuttle both states and you are not far from the truth.

The popular saying here is "E better make person born thief than to born mumu". Very precariously complicated I tell you.
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by Folashade2016(f): 12:51pm On Jun 26, 2018
Convert to naira and tell me the amount.
check my SIGNATURE
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by sweetTai(m): 12:56pm On Jun 26, 2018
Biafra Boys in action!!
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by dreamangel: 12:57pm On Jun 26, 2018
Na wa. I wonder if these people ever think about the effect of their actions on their victims, the ruined lives they leave behind them.
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by cornel9297: 12:59pm On Jun 26, 2018
The US and international law enforcement whatever are biased.
Let them go after the scammers that have hit hard on uninformed investors in the name of icos and other crypto investment instead of targeting poor africans who are looking for possible means of living a better life.
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 26, 2018
baby124:
It says one Nigerian and One Ghanian

One was arrested in the US and the other was arrested outside of the US
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by killuminati(m): 1:11pm On Jun 26, 2018
Why is the US arresting them? They owe us more than that.
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by EmekaBlue(m): 1:13pm On Jun 26, 2018
Sirpaul:
check the names.... Igbos

flat head thieves
Taah...eno go pass wale and ola dem

1 Like

Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by Galaxyzeus0(m): 1:45pm On Jun 26, 2018
ok
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by poseidon12: 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2018
baby124:
It says one Nigerian and One Ghanian

One Nigerian, one Ghanaian arrested in the US. And one Nigerian, two Ghanaians arrested outside the US. Total two Nigerians.
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by selfmade22: 1:53pm On Jun 26, 2018
in nkem owoh's voice~ Go Be The Hero! grin
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by Coneheads(f): 2:01pm On Jun 26, 2018
Definitely the handiwork of Sophisticated koneheads grin

2 Likes

Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 26, 2018
Jossyroyal1:
cry

A fight distracted our attention yesterday while we were watching the Portugal vs Iran match... Two yahoo guys were fighting over a transaction so some security (Civil defense, police, neighborhood guard) went to savage the situation.

Unlike me, I decided to draw close to know he cause of their differences that was when I realised they were Yahoo guys.

The way those guys were confidently and shamelessly explaining the scenario of how he scammed a client and his colleague hijacked the transaction and the way they were being celebrated made me lose hope in this country...

I learnt also that in some part of Benin and Delta, If you are not into Yahoo and internet scam, even ur parent will think u are slow and useless..

I weep for NIGERIA cry

Honestly, Family Heads in Nigeria has more to answer for than Heads in Government.
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by shizzle1: 2:23pm On Jun 26, 2018
Both the MODs and abobaku on this thread are stupid idiots

Why hide the comment that said the criminals are afonjas but leave the comments by the lousy afonja conehead

Suffersticated mor0ns
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by sircrabo: 2:31pm On Jun 26, 2018
The biggest names in the fraud industry are yorubas. everywhere dey go, they Wire but are fond of pointing finger and laying blames
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by linkszelda: 2:39pm On Jun 26, 2018
EmekaBlue:
Taah...eno go pass wale and ola dem

This how it goes~ wale and Ola do love scams and prompt message scam. While obi and IKenna do organizational and fake business proposal scam
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by SouthSouth1914: 2:50pm On Jun 26, 2018
Jossyroyal1:
cry

I weep for NIGERIA cry

I learnt also that in some part of Benin and Delta, If you are not into Yahoo and internet scam, even ur parent will think u are slow and useless

You see how useless someone can be? Where the fighting happened, you never mentioned! But where you ‘learnt that’ you mentioned Delta and Benin..
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by Assassin101: 3:50pm On Jun 26, 2018
shorty wan a million dollars

say make I wire wire

turn me to undercover, maga o
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by aribs(m): 4:46pm On Jun 26, 2018
To think I actually know one of them . This is depressing
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 26, 2018
CANDYDADDY:
shocked

What i find come here, i don't see it
Nwaamaikpe grin grin

If you know, you know wink cool
Re: 2 Nigerians, 6 Others Arrested For Stealing $15 Million From US Firms by Jossyroyal1: 5:51pm On Jun 26, 2018
angelbulksms:

Honestly, Family Heads in Nigeria has more to answer for than Heads in Government.

You are just too slow to realise that Neighborhood guard is only in Lagos.. And what has location got to do with the fact I stated up there??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hausa Man Caught Picking Used Sanitary Pads And Pants In Edo. Photos / Four NSCDC Officers Kidnapped In Kogi / Kano Police Recovers Stolen Vehicles, Ask Owners To Come And Claim Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.