Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,732 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina (22930 Views)

Yemi Alade Visits Super Eagles Camp At AFCON 2024 (Video) / Peter Okoye Of PSquare Visits Super Eagles Player Samuel Chukwueze In Spain(Pics / David Alaba Visits Super Eagles Camp In Austria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by Angelanest: 2:23pm On Jun 26, 2018
A former captain of the Super Eagles, Segun Odegbami, popularly known as the 'Mathematical' - paid a visit to the Super Eagles camp ahead of the must win World Cup match against Argentina today in St. Petersburg, Russia. The football legend who shared encouraging words with the players, revealed what he told them.

Read below;

Yesterday, I was at the Super Eagles’ hotel in St.Petersburg at the invitation of the NFF President, Amaju Pinnick. I was humbled by the opportunity to share a few minutes again with the team on the eve of another great encounter here at the World Cup. It was an experience I will never forget.

I am looking back at history to find out a more challenging match than this one..ever. The expectations are extremely high.

A victory will be an additional soothing balm to the unprecedented pain, suffering and uncertainties in our country – senseless killings, extreme poverty, ugly politics, a wasting and idle generation of youths, in a country so endowed with resources and talent that could make Nigeria one of the greatest countries in the world if only we take lessons from the example being innocently and simply set by the Super Eagles here in Russia before a global audience.

I told the players that they carry a huge responsibility on their shoulders that is hardly recognised beyond the demand for them to win a match.

This responsibility could become a burden if not handled correctly and converted into positive energy, determination, patriotism, the will to win, discipline, fighting spirit, driven by the kind of spirit that has made Nigerians the most passionate football followers in the World today.

Winning today’s match is very very important for the simple reason that it will serve as a reminder that together as a people, united behind a common cause that keeps religion, tribal considerations, status and other divisions aside, Nigeria can become the greatest Black country in the world within a short time.

The Eagles must imbibe that knowledge and spirit now, demonstrate it for all Nigerians to see tomorrow and then demand from all of us love, unity, friendship, merit, justice, fair play, excellence and the will to succeed as a nation against all odds.

The Eagles are Nigeria’s greatest ambassadors of the possibilities of the country – Mikel, Moses, Musa, Omeruo, Balogun, and the other great heroes. I went there to thank them for what they have done so far, and then to challenge them to do more today. That whatever happens Nigerians love them and appreciate the country’s cross that they carry into the battle. It will not be easy but it can and will be done!

These were the thoughts I shared with the players and I could not believe the fire in their eyes. They were cool and supremely determined and confident to give their best performance so far. Pray for them please so that the elements conspire with us and give us sweet victory.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/06/nigeria-v-argentina-segun-odegbami-visits-super-eagles-in-russia.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by dominique(f): 2:42pm On Jun 26, 2018
It's 'Mathematician' not 'Mathematical'

11 Likes

Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by sunnysunny69(m): 2:43pm On Jun 26, 2018
Go for the win eagles, I don't trust Croatia because they will field poor team against Iceland. Croatia doesn't need this match and they are both Europeans. It's like Nigeria playing Togo/ ivory coast when we've already qualified for next round, did anyone expect us to field our best team and knock out fellow Africans ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by lawalosky(m): 2:45pm On Jun 26, 2018
mathematician the legend of all time...
more elbow sir

1 Like

Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by kodded(m): 2:46pm On Jun 26, 2018
funny how the underdogs are now growing wings

hope by 9 pm no one will flood the front-page with their usual yeye wailing because of the super eagles poor performance, history has shown us numerous times how the super eagle team end up disappointing everyone after so much hype

..so as for me , I will watch that match with a chilled beer with zero expectation because I know that squad very well grin

...if una cry last last, I go come troll una cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by JasonScoolari: 2:50pm On Jun 26, 2018
If Nigeria makes it to the Semi Final, I'll forgive Buhari.

Sarrki, take note.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by psychologist(m): 2:54pm On Jun 26, 2018
Even if Nigeria wins the world Cup, I can never forgive Buhari

Omenka take note undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by NotNairalandi(m): 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2018
He was Tall during his football career and short after his football.

Maybe that was his football height!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by segsman(m): 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2018
Okay
Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by mynaijainfo(m): 4:28pm On Jun 26, 2018
Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by Akinz0126(m): 4:28pm On Jun 26, 2018
Ode
Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by zoghys: 4:29pm On Jun 26, 2018
dominique:
it's mathematical odegbami. cross check and confirm it.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by Frankyboy1(m): 4:29pm On Jun 26, 2018
Good motivation!only this can.help put some smile back on the faces of nigerians after this ruthless blood bath
Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by Btruth: 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2018
Very inspirational.
Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by czarina(f): 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2018
See the way I just dey fear cry cry
Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by Speakdatruth: 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2018
Segun the mathematician
That boy Mikel better up his game today, so much is expected of him.
Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by encryptjay(m): 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2018
Choi, I no sabi am ooo Someone should call me Indomie generation grin

1 Like

Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by pawesome(m): 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2018
Dis one everyone is visiting dem....mk dem allow dis boys settle befr d match na
Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by wonuks(m): 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2018
cheesy
Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by izzy4shizzy(m): 4:40pm On Jun 26, 2018
Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by Burger01(m): 4:40pm On Jun 26, 2018
dominique:
It's Mathematical smiley

14 Likes

Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by Agunne: 4:40pm On Jun 26, 2018
zoghys:

Indomie generation. Cannot relate.

Mathematical Odegbami

10 Likes

Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by dominique(f): 4:40pm On Jun 26, 2018
zoghys:

The more popular nickname is the mathematician after he retired, that's what I heard growing up
Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by femi4: 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2018
dominique:
lol...you are wrong....its Mathematical not Mathematician

11 Likes

Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by OCTAVO: 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2018
wink
Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by boolet: 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2018
Nice

dominique:

The more popular nickname is the mathematician, that's what I heard growing up

No vex ooo, but kini age e? cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by gaby(m): 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2018
dominique:

Lol mathematical Odegbami was his nick dear. Na we dey watch footie those days with black and white telly wey we use lucozade wrapper cover for some phantom colours.

9 Likes

Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by Burger01(m): 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2018
dominique:
It's Mathematical..

9 Likes

Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by okechukwu3: 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2018

Mathematical Odegbemi not Mathematician

4 Likes

Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by femi4: 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2018
Agunne:

Indomie generation. Cannot relate.

Mathematical Odegbami
abi o

1 Like

Re: Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 26, 2018
Mathematical!!

dominique:

hmmmm

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Utd In Talk With Valverde To Replace Solskjaer After Zidane, Pochettino Snub / Ramos Sent Off In Third PSG Appearance As French Club Struggles Continue / Kanu Nwankwo Visits Heartland FC (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.