Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,775 members, 7,813,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? (3352 Views)

T.B. Joshua’s Isreal Visit Described As Huge Success / Prophet Tommy Yisa Aika Wants N750k To Pray For Super Eagles To Win World Cup / Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by winner01(m): 5:20pm On Jun 27, 2018
superhumanist:

Your memes don't mean Sh*t. But go on, I'm enjoying it.

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by winner01(m): 5:21pm On Jun 27, 2018
dalaman:

My point exactly. If your God can not save his most loyal disciples then why waste time praying to it to save you?

Why are Nigerians wasting time praying to God to give them victory over their enemies and in their daily endeavors if he can not help his most loyal disciples assuming the stories about the disciples of Jesus is true.

It's shows that prayers when in distress or danger are totally useless and a waste of time.
It does not show what you think it shows. It only shows that prayers are not inconsistent with the existence of God.

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by dalaman: 5:28pm On Jun 27, 2018
winner01:
It does not show what you think it shows. It only shows that prayers are not inconsistent with the existence of God.

It does, unless if your God is not what you guys claim it is. You claim it is all loving, kind, God of Justice that answer prayers bla bla bla.

Why should Nigerians pray to God for protection if he can not protect those that were killed inside the church on Sunday in Plateau state while they were calling onto him for help and according to the bible he was there with them.

If your God can not protect his loyal disciples and allowed them to be killed as you said the disciples of Jesus were killed then why are people wasting time calling onto him for help when in danger and distress? Again it shows that prayers are totally useless.

If you disagree the show me how prayers are useful to Nigerians that are in danger or in distress.
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by OkaiCorne(m): 7:26pm On Jun 27, 2018
superhumanist:

It would pay you to do research before coming to argue. Try to understand how these polls on religion are done.

That 35-36% of religious people are those that outrightly state that they are irreligious. That figure does not include irreligious people who still identify as christians due to baptism or tradition. There is also the fact that irreligious people tick "I don't know" or "other religion", as well.

That aside, Germany is a very secular country. That is an undeniable fact.

Isreal is not as religious as Nigeria. Isreal has never won the world cup. Isreal is also a racist country that has failed to understand peace since the 70s.

Brazil has won the world cup and is a strong footballing country...same goes for Spain... and they're not irreligious nation's...

Anyways... God has no business with soccer...

People can be sentimental and emotional over a game of soccer...
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:35pm On Jun 27, 2018
winner01:

Christianity is not a religion.

I AGREE.

IT'S JUST A STUPĮD IDEA.

4 Likes

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by winner01(m): 9:29pm On Jun 27, 2018
dalaman:

It does, unless if your God is not what you guys claim it is. You claim it is all loving, kind, God of Justice that answer prayers bla bla bla.

Why should Nigerians pray to God for protection if he can not protect those that were killed inside the church on Sunday in Plateau state while they were calling onto him for help and according to the bible he was there with them.

If your God can not protect his loyal disciples and allowed them to be killed as you said the disciples of Jesus were killed then why are people wasting time calling onto him for help when in danger and distress? Again it shows that prayers are totally useless.

If you disagree the show me how prayers are useful to Nigerians that are in danger or in distress.
Story for the gods! How many times do you want me to explain this point to you before you get it undecided
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by winner01(m): 9:30pm On Jun 27, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

I AGREE.

IT'S JUST A STUPĮD IDEA.
You still said it in 2016, and nobody still cares.
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by Ranchhoddas: 9:42pm On Jun 27, 2018
winner01:
Nuisance!!! That's what all of you are. oooduacalmdown, resurgent2019, all nuisance.

I remember when I created the thread on atheistic nuisance and football: https://www.nairaland.com/4403825/atheistic-nuisance-barcelona-chelsea
Ranchhoddas, paxonel, superhumanist, coolUsername, Fegelfire were all yarning dust and saying that's its only football.

Atheists constitute an unnoticeable nuisance and no one really cares about your opinion. Yes Nigerians worked hard and religious people prayed for them. They lost simply because they didn't have the quality. Why bring your nuisance to this simple game undecided

And how about, deluded, ignorant, anti+science, illogical, irrational and delusional Lionel Messi who never works hard but only "depends on God" for miracles and said so publicly yesterday? What's your take on that?

Never mind, No one needs your take, Nigerians prayed, Argentines prayed, a winner emerged from a bitter sweet game. No one really cares about atheists. smiley
Even the great winner01 has said it.
Felixomor come and learn!
Olodo!
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by dalaman: 9:44pm On Jun 27, 2018
winner01:
Story for the gods! How many times do you want me to explain this point to you before you get it undecided

Explain which point? All you do is keep saying that Jesus and his disciples suffered worse and I always tell you that why pray to a God for protection that fails to defend and protect his most loyal disciples. If tell early disciples of Jesus for example died young and were burned alive according to the church narrative without God saving them then why should the same God save Nigerian Christians from being killed by the slaves of Allah? If he refused to answer the prayers of the early disciples then why should he answer yours?

You think the God that refused to answer the prayers of the Christians that were burned alive in Jos on Sunday while praying and calling unto their God for help and to rescue them inside the church but failed them will protect and save you when you do same when you are in danger or distress abi?

You must be joking.
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by Martinez19(m): 10:34pm On Jun 27, 2018
winner01:
I don't think any of those Christians were killed in ways more gruesome than any of Christ's disciples. So?
So it's okay for yahweh to let them die as long as their deaths wasn't as gruesome as that of the disciple?
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by oooduancalmdown: 10:44pm On Jun 27, 2018
dalaman:

Explain which point? All you do is keep saying that Jesus and his disciples suffered worse and I always tell you that why pray to a God for protection that fails to defend and protect his most loyal disciples. If tell early disciples of Jesus for example died young and were burned alive according to the church narrative without God saving them then why should the same God save Nigerian Christians from being killed by the slaves of Allah? If he refused to answer the prayers of the early disciples then why should he answer yours?

You think the God that refused to answer the prayers of the Christians that were burned alive in Jos on Sunday while praying and calling unto their God for help and to rescue them inside the church but failed them will protect and save you when you do same when you are in danger or distress abi?

You must be joking.
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 27, 2018
oooduancalmdown:
I thought they said God is punishing Argentina because they refused to play friendly match against Isreal? Now Argentina have beaten Nigeria to qualify for round of 16. Africans should stop believing what Europeans and Arabs tell them. Even though I give no fvck about religion, I believe God loves everyone equal. There is no special person or race.
God doesn't have time for football. He is busy with other things
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by oooduancalmdown: 11:32pm On Jun 27, 2018
asuustrike2009:
God doesn't have time for football. He is busy with other things
Lols! Doing what exactly? Who now gave Argentina victory?
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 27, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Lols! Doing what exactly? Who now gave Argentina victory?
Argentina got their victory based on their effort. They worked hard for it. They were calculative and were smart
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by felixomor: 3:34am On Jun 28, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
[s]Even the great winner01 has said it.
Felixomor come and learn!
Olodo[/s]

You didnt even read what he said!

You constitute nuisance!
What a pity!
I wonder the side of your brain u use to reason! Its probably atrophied. sad

Meanwhile we asked u a question, u went on vacation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by paxonel(m): 6:52am On Jun 28, 2018
dalaman:

Why will a God that is in a personal relationship with people allow their enemies to enter into his presence ( according to the bible, where two or 3 are gathered in his name he is there with them) and kill them off gruesomely while they were screaming and calling unto his name for help. Some of them were burnt alive. Tell me why a God that exist will allow that to happen to his alleged children whom we are told he loves.

but God is trying to let them know that it is not in their gathering that they will see him, God don't benefit anything from gathering.

At the same time God is not happy with the killings.
it is never God's responsibility to intervene, it is the responsibility of the government.

When the government fails the play their role there is always impunity.

Now who is the government?
The government is the same people that are being affected.
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by dalaman: 9:15am On Jun 28, 2018
paxonel:
but God is trying to let them know that it is not in their gathering that they will see him, God don't benefit anything from gathering.

it is never God's responsibility to intervene, it is the responsibility of the government.

So it isn't your God's responsibility to intervene. Meaning praying to God is useless as I've always stated.

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by CAPSLOCKED: 10:11am On Jun 28, 2018
paxonel:

JEES.. SO WHY BOTHER PRAYING FOR PROTECTION OR GUIDANCE WHEN IT'S NOT HIS RESPONSIBILITY TO INTERVENE (BECAUSE HE HAS GIVEN MAN FREEWILL, ALRIGHT)

SO WHY PRAY AT ALL?

WHY COMMEND HIM WHEN GOOD THINGS HAPPEN (AND CLAIM IT'S BECAUSE OF HIS INTERVENTION) AND BLAME DEVIL OR PEOPLE WHEN BAD THINGS HAPPEN (CLAIMING GOD SHOULDN'T BE INVOLVED BECAUSE HE SHOULDN'T INTERVENE IN MAN'S AFFAIRS)?

WHY YOU PEOPLE CHOOSE TO NEVER INVOLVE YOUR BRAIN WHENEVER THE TOPIC IS RELIGION?

5 Likes

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by paxonel(m): 4:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

[color=#990000]
JEES.. SO WHY BOTHER PRAYING FOR PROTECTION OR GUIDANCE WHEN IT'S NOT HIS RESPONSIBILITY TO INTERVENE (BECAUSE HE HAS GIVEN MAN FREEWILL, ALRIGHT)
let me give you a clear definition of what prayer entails .
Prayer entails that the individual should work and not to pray, that's the real prayer and that is what God answers.
TO WORK!

Even an athiest who work pleases God than a christian who doesn't work but prays.

When you travel abroad no one is praying for protection. They already have a security system which function effectively and that is what God want Africans to do as well.

SO WHY PRAY AT ALL?
is there anyone in this life who doesn't pray?
We all have our heart desires and wishes and that is enough prayer.
But that wishes and heart desires can only be answered when we stand up and take responsibility towards their realisation.

It's like someone who is demanding for garri in the market without money for payment, trust me, that kind of demand can never be effective.

But another person who has money to pay has truly demanded it's as simple as that
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by paxonel(m): 4:58pm On Jun 28, 2018
dalaman:

So it isn't your God's responsibility to intervene. Meaning praying to God is useless as I've always stated.
do you pray at all?
Yes or no grin
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by winner01(m): 6:08pm On Jun 30, 2018
dalaman:

Story!!!

Check my previous chats, I don't have time to keep repeating the same thing.
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by winner01(m): 6:09pm On Jun 30, 2018
[quote author]
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by winner01(m): 6:10pm On Jun 30, 2018
Martinez19:
So it's okay for yahweh to let them die as long as their deaths wasn't as gruesome as that of the disciple?
Then sue Yahweh or quit being stupid.

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by Martinez19(m): 7:45pm On Jun 30, 2018
winner01:
Then sue Yahweh or quit being stupid.
grin lol. The irony.
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by ScienceWatch: 9:53pm On Jul 02, 2018
winner01:

1. Just like several developed countries, Germany is a Christian majority country and they are doing very well.

2. Brazil, Argentina and other religious countries have won the world cup severally. If Germany wins the world cup, it means a Christian majority country entry would have won the world cup, where are the atheists countries?

3. You have missed the total point. This is not about religion influencing football. This is about the world not giving a sh*t about atheist opinions.
Any atheist opinion on football or sports simply constitutes a nuisance.
This Superman is a nuisance.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mama Afriki - Africa The Goddess / Why Did God Do These Things? Inviting Reyginus And Any Other Interested Parties / Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.