Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,728 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:26 AM

Lessons Learnt From 2018 World Cup (nigeria As A Case Study) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lessons Learnt From 2018 World Cup (nigeria As A Case Study) (833 Views)

Russia 2018 World Cup: Nigeria In Pot 4 / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) / 2018 World Cup Africa Zone Qualifiers: Full Results Of Match Day 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lessons Learnt From 2018 World Cup (nigeria As A Case Study) by bukatyne(f): 11:11pm On Jun 26, 2018
So today has finally come and gone angry and Nigeria is dancing shaku shaku back home.... cry cry cry cry cry

So here we go. What are the lessons I learnt?

1.That you running same race doesn't mean you have same goals: The Argentine coach was focused on his own goal..... to beat Nigeria. To that end, he brought in four strikers in the 2nd half to achieve that goal. The Nigerian Coach for some reasons did not think to bring additional defenders to secure the post and maintain the scoreline... the draw. It almost seemed that he was following Argentina's goals.... to score more goals.

2. Doing same thing and expecting same results is insanity: Time doesn't make things better if we don't work towards improving the situation. This is the fifth time Argentina has knocked Nigeria out of the World Cup tournament. One would have thought our Coach would have studied the trends and come up with a strategy against Argentina....

3. Strategy always trumps strength: This is very self explanatory.... The African teams were just playing with power...

4. Some opportunities lost can never be regained: Nigeria had the opportunity to score additional scores however, missed it. If we had scored more, Argentina's 2nd goal wouldn't have sent us home.

5. It is not over until it is over: At the 83rd minute, Nigerians we like..... Argentina o da bo! The dashboard already updated to Croatia 7 pts, Nigeria 4 pts, Argentina and Iceland 2 pts each. See the miracle at about 86 mins. The rejoicing turned out to be pre-mature sad.

6. The foundation is important: Our team is notorious for playing in the starting games and permutating on the failure of others to qualify. Perhaps if we had drawn with Croatia (I know the goals were 'unfortunate'), we would still be in the competition. Not everyone will respond to our wish of failure to pave a way for us to succeed. Who knows, maybe our consistent wishing people to fail (lose) is why Argentina keeps flogging us out ... Afterall, we all pray to the 'god' of football.

7. Run your race aka face your lane: Closely ties to point 6; we should go with the intention of beating a team instead of praying that another loses so we can qualify. I am sure Croatians never prayed or anyone in the group to lose; they didn't need it. Having the determination to win their matches was enough.

Add yours...

And sorry to all Nigerians; hopefully we learn our lessons and perform in 2022 World Cup.

1 Like

Re: Lessons Learnt From 2018 World Cup (nigeria As A Case Study) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 26, 2018
lolz
that you are wore a nice attire(Jersey) will not guarantee you victory, you have to work it out
Re: Lessons Learnt From 2018 World Cup (nigeria As A Case Study) by bukatyne(f): 11:50pm On Jun 26, 2018
CarlyX8:
lolz
that you are wore a nice attire(Jersey) will not guarantee you victory, you have to work it out

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha.

Neither will dancing shaku shaku

1 Like

Re: Lessons Learnt From 2018 World Cup (nigeria As A Case Study) by lilmax(m): 11:50pm On Jun 26, 2018
that the Nigerian team are slow learners and cannot decode immediately

ever wondered why we always try our best during the second half? it means we do not study the players during the first 5 minutes but studied them after 45minutes.....na that time na the gra gra go start

but in all they tried though, as for ighalo ,that guy no fit break me ,yakubu has done worst things to me
Re: Lessons Learnt From 2018 World Cup (nigeria As A Case Study) by DynasTee: 11:58pm On Jun 26, 2018
Who knows the referee's address?
We must show him today if you doubt me go and ask Maradona on his hospital bed

Re: Lessons Learnt From 2018 World Cup (nigeria As A Case Study) by bukatyne(f): 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2018
DynasTee:
Who knows the referee's address?
We must show him today if you doubt me go and ask Maradona on his hospital bed

Hahahahahhahahaha!

Argentina is out O!

Una juju don work!

1 Like

Re: Lessons Learnt From 2018 World Cup (nigeria As A Case Study) by bukatyne(f): 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2018
lilmax:
that the Nigerian team are slow learners and cannot decode immediately

ever wondered why we always try our best during the second half? it means we do not study the players during the first 5 minutes but studied them after 45minutes.....na that time na the gra gra go start

but in all they tried though, as for ighalo ,that guy no fit break me ,yakubu has done worst things to me

I am apologizing on Ighalo's behalf.
Re: Lessons Learnt From 2018 World Cup (nigeria As A Case Study) by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
grin grin grin
Re: Lessons Learnt From 2018 World Cup (nigeria As A Case Study) by bukatyne(f): 7:22pm On Feb 03, 2021
aroundtheearth:
grin grin grin

2022 is next year.

I hope our boys have started preparing cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lessons Learnt From 2018 World Cup (nigeria As A Case Study) by angelfallz(m): 7:45pm On Feb 03, 2021
Which boys? I am surprised some people still watch the national team play

bukatyne:

2022 is next year.

Re: Lessons Learnt From 2018 World Cup (nigeria As A Case Study) by Nobody: 12:58am On Feb 04, 2021
bukatyne:

2022 is next year.

I hope so. Make them no disappoint us again. Go Super Eagles! grin
Re: Lessons Learnt From 2018 World Cup (nigeria As A Case Study) by bukatyne(f): 8:09am On Feb 04, 2021
aroundtheearth:
I hope so. Make them no disappoint us again. Go Super Eagles! grin

cool
Re: Lessons Learnt From 2018 World Cup (nigeria As A Case Study) by bukatyne(f): 8:09am On Feb 04, 2021
angelfallz:
Which boys? I am surprised some people still watch the national team play

angry embarassed
Re: Lessons Learnt From 2018 World Cup (nigeria As A Case Study) by angelfallz(m): 8:59am On Feb 04, 2021
bukatyne:

angry embarassed

Lol.

(1) (Reply)

Andriy Lunin Officially Unveiled At Real Madrid / Cristiano Ronaldo:alleged Rape Victim Left Traumatised And Contemplating Suicide / Asisat Oshoala And Onome Ebi Strikes A Pose With AWCON Trophy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.