Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Parts Of A Car That Has The Biggest Impact On Fuel Economy - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Parts Of A Car That Has The Biggest Impact On Fuel Economy (21170 Views)

What Is The Average Price You Spent On Fuel In A Day? / Zimbabwe Man Beats Tesla, Invents Electric Car That Does Not Require Charging / Mechanic Creates 2-faced Car That Can Be Driven Forward & Back At The Same Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parts Of A Car That Has The Biggest Impact On Fuel Economy by genkins(m): 8:22am On Jun 27, 2018
What is this talk about indomie in exhaust not being there causing huge fuel consumption.pls some one shud enlighten me abeg!
Re: Parts Of A Car That Has The Biggest Impact On Fuel Economy by godofuck231: 8:26am On Jun 27, 2018
The Nigerian coach is a bad MAF, device, Michel obi is a useless spark plug, that's my take
Re: Parts Of A Car That Has The Biggest Impact On Fuel Economy by chidaddy1198(m): 8:26am On Jun 27, 2018

[b]1. Oxygen Sensor

[img]https://2.bp..com/-NKwJCdbMIu4/WzLdXWcqamI/AAAAAAAASuM/C_3KjH5vf-MWDdg5XSq-UdirSPkk1F1JACLcBGAs/s1600/oxygen%2Bsensor.jpg[/img]

All the cars manufactured after 1995 have this component mounted in the exhaust system. Calculating the exhaust flow before and after the catalytic converter, the component sends the information to the car computer (adjusting the fuel injection based on the data).

However, if this car component that affects gas mileage is not working properly, the transmission of inaccurate data will directly affect the gas mileage.[/b]

oxygen sensor or O2 sensor or catalytic... please don't neglect this sensor cause it has major impact in FUEL consumption in your car. I neglected it, which resulted to high fuel consumption on my V 6 Engine. some mech/electrician will want to discourage you that it cause much dont mind them take your time and enter the market you will get it between 1.5 -2k for both. friends please take note
Re: Parts Of A Car That Has The Biggest Impact On Fuel Economy by Christmasdon(m): 8:31am On Jun 27, 2018
i should have taken you serious only if i had seen the fuel injector or the carburetor in your list. but you failed properly by not mentioning tHEM.
Re: Parts Of A Car That Has The Biggest Impact On Fuel Economy by alphaconde(m): 8:48am On Jun 27, 2018
Budex40:
Can you imagine us behaving as if a whole village was not annihilated within the last 90hours ......??

We are not longer Humans

what r u doing here u should be mourning
Re: Parts Of A Car That Has The Biggest Impact On Fuel Economy by sykeng(m): 8:50am On Jun 27, 2018
Alvin007:

Mass air flow sensor measures ‘air’, not fuel. What about ‘clogged’ injector nozzles?

it can still affect fuel consumption.
Re: Parts Of A Car That Has The Biggest Impact On Fuel Economy by spencekat(m): 9:50am On Jun 27, 2018
What about the other oxygen sensor called Indomie that is situated under the car?
Re: Parts Of A Car That Has The Biggest Impact On Fuel Economy by Alvin007: 10:13am On Jun 27, 2018
sykeng:

it can still affect fuel consumption.
Yea...that’s exactly what I was trying to note.
Re: Parts Of A Car That Has The Biggest Impact On Fuel Economy by spencekat(m): 11:26am On Jun 27, 2018
chidaddy1198:

[b]1. Oxygen Sensor

[img]https://2.bp..com/-NKwJCdbMIu4/WzLdXWcqamI/AAAAAAAASuM/C_3KjH5vf-MWDdg5XSq-UdirSPkk1F1JACLcBGAs/s1600/oxygen%2Bsensor.jpg[/img]

All the cars manufactured after 1995 have this component mounted in the exhaust system. Calculating the exhaust flow before and after the catalytic converter, the component sends the information to the car computer (adjusting the fuel injection based on the data).

However, if this car component that affects gas mileage is not working properly, the transmission of inaccurate data will directly affect the gas mileage.[/b]

oxygen sensor or O2 sensor or catalytic... please don't neglect this sensor cause it has major impact in FUEL consumption in your car. I neglected it, which resulted to high fuel consumption on my V 6 Engine. some mech/electrician will want to discourage you that it cause much dont mind them take your time and enter the market you will get it between 1.5 -2k for both. friends please take note
1500 or 2000,I doubt.
Re: Parts Of A Car That Has The Biggest Impact On Fuel Economy by jpphilips(m): 2:32pm On Jun 27, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Whats your take?

Windows
Re: Parts Of A Car That Has The Biggest Impact On Fuel Economy by jpphilips(m): 2:34pm On Jun 27, 2018
spencekat:
What about the other oxygen sensor called Indomie that is situated under the car?

Indomie is a catalytic converter not a sensor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Letters On Windscreen Of Auction Cars / "C" Caution Sign A Must In Every Vehicle - FRSC / 11 Very Useful Car Accessories You Need When Traveling This Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.