Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,145 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Oshiomhole: Obasanjo’ll Live To Face Prosecution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole: Obasanjo’ll Live To Face Prosecution (512 Views)

Tinubu Joins Hilda Baci’s IG Live To Give Her Words Of Encouragement (Pictures) / Mahmood Yakubu Should Face Prosecution, PDP Tells Police, DSS / MC Oluomo: I Shall Not Die But Live To Witness Swearing-in Of Sanwo-olu & Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole: Obasanjo’ll Live To Face Prosecution by agwom(m): 4:52am On Jun 27, 2018
The new National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to direct former President Olusegun Obasanjo to refund the $ 16 dollars allegedly spent on power if he cannot justify the expenses.

Oshiomhole who spoke yesterday in Abuja at the APC national secretariat when Chief John Odigie-Oyegun formally handed over the mantle of party leadership to him, said Obasanjo would be alive to face prosecution.

He said, “As I was reflecting, I watched our president recently asking questions rhetorically, ‘you have spent $16 billion on power under PDP, where is the power?’

“Nigerians in their various homes, those who have power that day or generator said, ‘Mr President, we don’t have’. So, $16 bn spent, the more dollars they spent, the more darkness the people suffered.

“Now the questions I had in my mind were…Since we don’t find the power, then you must bring the $16 billion that you spent. If he didn’t do that, then the accusations of limited anti-corruption may begin to have some currencies.

“So, to assist PDP to overcome their distinct, our president needs to do the needful. After all, it is already on record what other presidents didn’t do, with regards to the issue of late MKO Abiola and the criminal manner by which the election was nullified; and people pretended that that was never an issue, the president showed courage.

“That same courage should not fail him so that he can proceed to recover the $16 bn back to the treasury from the man who superintendent over the spending of that money.

“So, what we need to do as a party is to provide the support that our president needs and for the Nigerian people to provide those supports and then they want to distract our attention when they are in trouble and say eh! ‘they want to kill me’.

“Our president does not know...Nobody since President Muhammadu Buhari assumes office, no political player of note has been murdered or assassinated for political reasons. But the president under whose watch a minister of justice was murdered in cold blood, that minister could not get justice and so, the shadow, ghost of the Harry Marshalls, Dikibo... You know all of them more than me, however you put it.

“The man said they want to kill him. No! To kill is to prevent the investigation. He must be alive to account. That is a typical distraction,” he said.

The APC national chairman who pledged to establish what he called “progressive institute” and hold yearly non-elective conventions, dismissed the notion that the ruling party had changed its slogan of “Change to Progress” as chorused by some party members during the convention.

He praised the contribution of Odigie-Oyegun to the party, particularly on the successes recorded during the 2015 general elections.

Chief Odigie-Oyegun in his remarks said he was confident in the ability of Oshiomhole to achieve more victories in the forthcoming elections in Osun and Ekiti states.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/oshiomhole-obasanjo-ll-live-to-face-prosecution-258199.html
Re: Oshiomhole: Obasanjo’ll Live To Face Prosecution by Nobody: 4:58am On Jun 27, 2018
Re: Oshiomhole: Obasanjo’ll Live To Face Prosecution by Rosebloom: 6:07am On Jun 27, 2018
If he dies you'll go and resurrect him abi
Re: Oshiomhole: Obasanjo’ll Live To Face Prosecution by cheddahboy(m): 6:21am On Jun 27, 2018
Oshio want shake tables
Re: Oshiomhole: Obasanjo’ll Live To Face Prosecution by Mikeross62: 6:24am On Jun 27, 2018
osho no go there ooh,cos nothing will happen
Re: Oshiomhole: Obasanjo’ll Live To Face Prosecution by Nobody: 6:27am On Jun 27, 2018
Oshomo-ole, rotimi amaethief and Tinubu are saints we know.
Re: Oshiomhole: Obasanjo’ll Live To Face Prosecution by Nashirushekoni(m): 6:27am On Jun 27, 2018
Nice move
Re: Oshiomhole: Obasanjo’ll Live To Face Prosecution by speedyGonzales: 8:02am On Jun 27, 2018
the monkey last born as come to distract and steal our common wealth but thunder go hit him midget head and him APC go lose election and him go end up for EFCC net for the 220 billion and him gold digging wife go leave am.
Re: Oshiomhole: Obasanjo’ll Live To Face Prosecution by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 10:31am On Jun 27, 2018
OBJ deserves whatever is coming to him. I remember when he was campaigning for the same buhari that has gotten him into this situation

(1) (Reply)

Plateau Killings: Okorocha Reveals APC Governors’ Plan To End Massacre / Ekiti Election: Transport Unions Allege Intimidation By Security Agency / Photo: Kano Commissioner Of Police Freely Among State Thugs With Weapons Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.