Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him (1277 Views)

Nigerians Storm Super Eagles Camp In Cario, Egypt Ahead Of AFCON 2019 / Over 18,000 Angry Nigerians Storm IG Page Of 'nigeria Vs Argentina' Referee / NGR Vs ARG: See How Pres. Buhari Congratulated Super Eagles, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by CastedGist: 5:57am On Jun 27, 2018
GistMore.com

Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The Referee Who Officiated Nigeria Vs Argentina Match, Rain Curses On Him

The 2018 world cup will forever be a memorable one in the hearts of the most populous black nation, Nigeria as they were eliminated from the tournament by Argentina.

Lionel Messi put a lead in the first half but was leveled by Victor Moses’ superb penalty.

During the game, Nigerian team saw a clear penalty which was not awarded by the referee even after watching the Video Assistant Referee (VAR).

The story could have been a different one if the penalty was awarded but the match ended 2-1 in favor of Argentina after a brilliant strike from the Man Utd defender, R’ojo which saw Nigerian backing out of the tournament.

Nigerians worldwide however felt cheated and they storm the social media to express their anger and lucky enough they were able to fish out his Instagram account where we have been seeing many insulting and derogatory comments by the angered football fans.

See comments below...

GIST BY GISTMORE http://www.gistmore.com/nigerians-storm-instagram-page-referee-officiated-nigeria-vs-argentina-match-rain-curses-see-comments

Cc; lalasiclala, dominique, mynd44

Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by CastedGist: 5:57am On Jun 27, 2018
See more reactions >>> Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The Referee Who Officiated Nigeria Vs Argentina Match, Rain Curses On Him

Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by CastedGist: 5:58am On Jun 27, 2018
tongue tongue
Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by pyyxxaro: 5:59am On Jun 27, 2018
These Twitter Rugrats again sad

They shud leave the ref and ask for the head of Ighalo embarassed
Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by CastedGist: 6:00am On Jun 27, 2018
angry
Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by littlewonders: 6:01am On Jun 27, 2018
That referee is going to suffer from depression. No be Nigerians again! they are not done yet.

They are going to trace his past and future life, assemble all his family using Photoshop and give them a verbal destruction of the millennium.

An average Nigerian is good in forensic study.

I am even searching for his high school teacher. We must write embarrassing project ontop this guy name.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by kolafolabi(m): 6:02am On Jun 27, 2018
I wonder why he didnt award the penaltly after checking the VAR. He needs to be punished and sanctioned.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by princeade86(m): 6:02am On Jun 27, 2018
rubbish. instead of them to attack useless ighalo that missed d golden chance. the thing angered the ref self, that's why he don't even bother to awarded d penalty.
Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by Nogodye(m): 6:09am On Jun 27, 2018
Unprofessional refree
Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by cheddahboy(m): 6:12am On Jun 27, 2018
It changes nothing
Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by philcz(m): 6:17am On Jun 27, 2018
cheesy This world cup was the only recent source of happiness for a lot of Nigerians and the Ref took that away with his apprentice Ighalo
Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by Nobody: 6:18am On Jun 27, 2018
princeade86:
rubbish. instead of them to attack useless ighalo that missed d golden chance. the thing angered the ref self, that's why he don't even bother to awarded d penalty.
Ighalo sha...
Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by Snowkel(m): 6:22am On Jun 27, 2018
Ighalo shuld be blamed

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by SirClad: 6:30am On Jun 27, 2018
sad
Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by SirClad: 6:30am On Jun 27, 2018
The real hero, (man of the match) grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by Ahmed0336(m): 6:32am On Jun 27, 2018
Fifa and Racism be like 0.9&1
Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by AgbitiOnne: 6:33am On Jun 27, 2018
philcz:
cheesy This world cup was the only recent source of happiness for a lot of Nigerians and the Ref took that away with his apprentice Ighalo

I tell you I couldn't sleep not until 2 am, I have never been sad all my life like yesternight. One thing was so glaring the hatred by Our fellow Africans against Nigeria especially the guys from South Africa they celebrated more than the Argentine.
Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by Humchi(m): 6:37am On Jun 27, 2018
98% of the people that watched the match are ignorant of what that "handball" mean...

Even after the ref check the var, the ref was trying to explain what it was all about... It could be reading as the ref body language...

The thing is that the rojo head the ball before it lands on his arm, it is called "ball to hand", so it can't be called for a foul..

If the ball lands direct on his arm without the ball being kicked or head by him at that time... It is called "hand to ball".. So a foul is called for...

If you are observant, you could have seen the ref trying to explain when he came out of the VAR..

Ighalo is the one to be blamed not ref..

If musa had those opportunities ighalo had, we could have won...

Also coach did a terrible substitute... He should have put iwobi in place of ighalo, and i think iwobi wouldn't have squandered those opportunities..

We played well.. It wasn't enough..

And i am also happy for messi, if they had played like this in all the group stage matches, they could have won them all..

And would be a shame to be eliminated in round 16...

France is not that spectacular...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by JSMMUYIWA(m): 6:49am On Jun 27, 2018
Humchi:
98% of the people that watched the match are ignorant of what that "handball" mean...

Even after the ref check the var, the ref was trying to explain what it was all about... It could be reading as the ref body language...

The thing is that the rojo head the ball before it lands on his arm, it is called "ball to hand", so it can't be called for a foul..

If the ball lands direct on his arm without the ball being kicked or head by him at that time... It is called "hand to ball".. So a foul is called for...

If you are observant, you could have seen the ref trying to explain when he came out of the VAR..

Ighalo is the one to be blamed not ref..

If musa had those opportunities ighalo had, we could have won...

Also coach did a terrible substitute... He should have put iwobi in place of ighalo, and i think iwobi wouldn't have squandered those opportunities..

We played well.. It wasn't enough..

And i am also happy for messi, if they had played like this in all the group stage matches, they could have won them all..

And would be a shame to be eliminated in round 16...

France is not that spectacular...

Will you just shut up?!
Did you watch the penalty awarded to Iran against Portugal,wasn't it the same scenerio;
I tire for people like you;
Obviously you could pick someone over your country;
In the name of being fanatic;
Don't tell me,the Referee won't recognize it as penalty, should Ighalo be Messi!

Nonsense Analysis!
Players should be heading ball to hands in Box 18 now;In as much it shouldn't be penalty.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by AgbitiOnne: 6:56am On Jun 27, 2018
JSMMUYIWA:

Will you just shut up?!
Did you watch the penalty awarded to Iran against Portugal,wasn't it the same scenerio;
Don't tell me,the Referee won't recognize it as penalty, should Ighalo be Messi!

Nonsense Analysis!
Players should be heading ball to hands in Box 18 now;In as much it shouldn't be penalty.

You shouldn't have responded to the E-diot his last comment sum it all
Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 27, 2018
JSMMUYIWA:

Will you just shut up?!

Nonsense Analysis!
If Rojo had headed the ball directly to his hands, l would have concluded that it was an unintentional act but if you closely watch the replay, you'd see that he even tried to use his arm to push the ball a bit farther out. That's where the contention for a penalty should sit.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by Humchi(m): 7:07am On Jun 27, 2018
JSMMUYIWA:

Will you just shut up?!

Nonsense Analysis!

if you like say whatever you wanna say.. I didn't choose messi over nigeria, only God knows i am saying the truth..

It just that i tend not to lose either side...

I stated the point why ref didn't give that pk.. And so that it how it is meant to be after we squandered a soft opportunity..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by BluntBoy(m): 7:44am On Jun 27, 2018
That was a clear penalty. VAR is SHIT.

However, it is too late to cry. I said it before the match that Ighalo should not even have a place on the bench. He is that terrible. He got only one goal during qualifiers and has fallen terribly in form since then. I will always remember his shananigan during the Nigeria-Zambia match in Uyo.

Now, we must forget the loss and move on. As for me, no more Russia 2018 for me. I already know that Senegal will also be cheated and they will help the referee by missing chances.
Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by Dollarship(m): 9:31am On Jun 27, 2018
Lwkmd grin
Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by Jaykolo10(m): 10:15am On Jun 27, 2018
If we Nigerians continue to blame outsiders for our misfortune then walahi we can't move anywhere in this country... imagine after getting a penalty we still want another one... God still do am give us another chance ighalo again missed it and we're shouting ref ref upadan... when it was a penalty why ighalo play am him for leave the ball begin they find penalty now... score ball you can't fit you're now shouting var this ref that... Nigeria it's finished for us... no source of Happiness kan kan...

cry
Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by FrankValency(m): 11:07am On Jun 27, 2018
Nigerians should win best entertaining country with insults,,,lmao........im going straight to insult that man right away, he is poo poo, bum bum
Re: Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NGR Vs ARG Referee, Rain Curses On Him by mikejegede(m): 11:14am On Jun 27, 2018
Naija no dey waset time..them don sabi am for Twitter chaply...

(1) (Reply)

Pogba Reacts To Fans Abusing Him As He Left Old Trafford Pitch / Pele: Brazil Legend ’embarrassed’ To Leave House / Does Anybody Here Follow K-1?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.