Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

How Did I Became Poor? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Did I Became Poor? (263 Views)

Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? / I Became Poor To Establish University - Afe Babalola / How I Became A Nse And Coren Registered Engineer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Did I Became Poor? by 26carat(m): 10:35am On Jun 27, 2018
This is the question that is begging for answer in my mind as news of the World bank report on poverty classified Nigeria as the country with the largest number of poor people in the world. Imagine 80 million poor and 7 new ones added daily. It's definately heart breaking. The question on my mind was how did they become poor. What created this massive flux of poverty? Let's answer this here and now. Contribute, bring solutions. Let's create an enlightened atmosphere that will help reverse this trend. So for me, our poverty is
1. Lack of desire to be wealthy
2. Lack of mentors to guide our financial decisions
3. Lack of right financial education
4. Poor saving and investment disposition
5. Poor emotional intelligence management ( living like the Jones syndrome)
6. Poor response to opportunity and adorpting leveraging on technology.
7. Poor risk assessment and lack of insurance.

We need to educate the country on how to make wealth and laws that govern money, it's creation and multiplication.
Nigerians need a system of financial education that cuts across class and ethnicity, religion and culture. Let's treat poverty like the disease it is and help position Nigeria on the path of great prosperity.
Re: How Did I Became Poor? by hisgrace090: 10:42am On Jun 27, 2018
Poor because all the capitals raised by this country is being seized by Nigerian politicians and their cronies. Some abroad others burried underground.

(1) (Reply)

Secret Post Utme Past Question / 100% Passing Guarantee With IBM M2090-732 Exam Questions Preparation Material / 2018 Affordable Universities In The Philippines For Any Degree Of Your Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.