Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Why Not Work For Yourself? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Not Work For Yourself? (740 Views)

First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result / Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time / Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria In 2018 - Jobberman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Not Work For Yourself? by lawrence35(m): 2:18pm On Jun 27, 2018
Getting a decent job in nigeria is becoming difficult especially if you have pass the age of reducing your age wink

But, you can work for yourself, invest in a business, approch it from a different perspective, and make a killing. And your investment don't have to be in millions.

Some years ago, I use to hurt for jobs until I discovered that I can make the monthly salary of those jobs in less than a week while sitting at home and with few clicks on the computer mouse. I currently make most bank managers salary in days.

You too can be the boss, get to employ people that will help you work once in a while too.

I will continue this interesting topic shortly.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Work For Yourself? by lawrence35(m): 9:14am On Jun 28, 2018
We all know someone who has bought stuff online or you have purchased items online.

The truth is, the internet is a universal of it own. If you know how to tap from it and position yourself correctly, you will never work another day.

Some of us have never noticed, but the only way to make money in life is to sell. You may choose to sell your services, sell your time, sell your knowledge, sell products etc.

The same is true for the internet, for you to make money online, you have to sell.

The problem with youth these days is that we want to get something for nothing, which ultimately leads to all kind of vices even online.

I have sold my time, my service, sold knowledge and still selling online, that's how to make money.

I will outline some of the things you can sell online and where to sell them.

To your success!

1 Like

Re: Why Not Work For Yourself? by AwesomeDuru(m): 3:10pm On Jun 28, 2018
Following, please continue.
Quote me when you do
Re: Why Not Work For Yourself? by AwesomeDuru(m): 3:10pm On Jun 28, 2018
Quote me when you do

1 Like

Re: Why Not Work For Yourself? by lawrence35(m): 11:48pm On Jun 28, 2018
One of things I learnt early as a kid was the law of supply and demand. As simple as this law sounds, it is very powerful, understanding and applying it to your dealings will change your life.

Let me give you an example, the Telecoms industry in Nigeria is a billion dollar business, yet they sell recharge credit of 100 Naira. It will interest you to know that once those people who don't have enough money to care of themselves but buy recharge credit to make calls, stop buying them, the Telecoms will go out of business. In other words, the billion dollar business is at the mercy of the lower class.

This is what I want you to understand, demand creates supply. and never the other way round.

I have seen a lot of people doing things because someone told them to follow their passion, which is a good thing. But when there is no demand for your passion, your passion becomes a liability.

To make money, look for a hungry audience and feed them. this can be online or offline.

Always remember, demand creates supply.... The audience should be hungry for your goods, hungry for your service, don't waste your time in places where you are not needed, always improvise and keep moving, in search for a hungry audience.

Ever sat down and wonder why the food industry will never die out? Think of it.

Same goes for your life, if you want something good out of your life, place a demand for that thing and work towards it.

I hope you mediate on the topic, I believe there is greatness in every person, you have to show it so the world will see.

3 Likes

Re: Why Not Work For Yourself? by lawrence35(m): 11:48pm On Jun 28, 2018
AwesomeDuru:

Quote me when you do
Re: Why Not Work For Yourself? by lawrence35(m): 12:26am On Jul 13, 2018
This will be the shortest and the realest post you may see today.

You want to make money?
Identity a need of a group of people, and get paid to solve them.

Let me do the simple mathematics, you identify that a group of about 100 people HV a problem you can solve for 50000 Naira each, only 40 of this people decide to try your service and pay...
That is 40 x 50000 = 2m

Bottom line, stop sitting on your ass and work. Do something for someone even for free, and soon you will be sort after to collect money for what you enjoy doing.

Till next time.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

11-year-old Boy Painted Macron In Portrait In Two Hours / Chartered Accountancy Vs Legal Profession: Which One Is More Lucrative? / Talented And Reliable Freelance Writers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.