Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

How To Make A Budget For A Software Project? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Make A Budget For A Software Project? (984 Views)

150k - 250k Budget For Web / Mobile Project Get In Here (serious Clients Only) / Software Administrators Needed At A Software Firm URGENTLY / How Can I Build An Android App Without Being A Software Developer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make A Budget For A Software Project? by abdeiz(m): 2:46pm On Jun 27, 2018
Please once again i beseech nairaland to solicit for help from our highly learned gurus wink cheesy cheesy

When you have a certain amount of money to create a project but you have no idea if it would be enough, how do you make a budget for a software project. What are the details, resources, materials you will need to develop a software and what percentage would items like labour, consultations and other indirect cost would take.
Re: How To Make A Budget For A Software Project? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 27, 2018
abdeiz:
Please once again i beseech nairaland to solicit for help from our highly learned gurus wink cheesy cheesy

When you have a certain amount of money to create a project but you have no idea if it would be enough, how do you make a budget for a software project. What are the details, resources, materials you will need to develop a software and what percentage would items like labour, consultations and other indirect cost would take.

All you need to build almost any kind of software is
Internet, time and money for servers.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make A Budget For A Software Project? by abdeiz(m): 4:25pm On Jun 27, 2018
DanTheGeek:

All you need to build almost any kind of software is
Internet, time and money for servers.

Yeah i know but we just want to look professional and make it formal with a document, can you help me with details of some items i can input into the budget, we all know that labour takes almost 90% of the costs but we dont want to tell the client that right?
Re: How To Make A Budget For A Software Project? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2018
abdeiz:

Yeah i know but we just want to look professional and make it formal with a document, can you help me with details of some items i can input into the budget, we all know that labour takes almost 90% of the costs but we dont want to tell the client that right?

Yeah, ikr... Right now i can't think beyond Servers, Marketing Costs and Labour probably because I'm not much of a business planner... You should try talking to someone that has business experience with softwares or ask on Quora.

3 Likes

Re: How To Make A Budget For A Software Project? by abdeiz(m): 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2018
DanTheGeek:

Yeah, ikr... Right now i can't think beyond Servers, Marketing Costs and Labour probably because I'm not much of a business planner... You should try talking to someone that has business experience with softwares or ask on Quora.

Ayt im heading there asap

1 Like

Re: How To Make A Budget For A Software Project? by eazycash: 8:06am On Jun 28, 2018
abdeiz:

to design a professional and well engineered software, you will need the service of the following people.
1. a professional system analyst.
2.a front End developer.
3.database programmer.
4.another programmer who will handle the business logic programming aspect of it.
5. a good marketer who will help you market your software.
with these five men. you are good to go.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need PHP Tutorial Materials, Someone Should Please Help Me / Professional Whatsapp Bot Developer / Where Can I Learn IT In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.