|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,969,548 members, 7,208,732 topics. Date: Friday, 09 December 2022 at 11:04 PM
|VACANCY FOR A GRAPHIC DESIGNER (MUST be from printing Industry) by tolex29(f): 4:31pm On Jun 27, 2018|
Our client is an Industrial Printing Organization based on the mainland of Lagos with equipment and facilities that cannot be rivalled in sub-Saharan Africa. As a result of growth, the service of a suitably qualified candidate is needed in the position below:
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Location: Lagos State
• The role involves listening to clients and understanding their needs before making design decisions. The ideal graphic designer will be responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact.
• Meeting clients or account managers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job;
• Interpreting the client's business needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose;
• Estimating the time required to complete the work and providing quotes for clients;
• Developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research;
• Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts;
• Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
• Presenting finalised ideas and concepts to clients or account managers;
• Working with a wide range of media, including photography and computer-aided design (CAD);
• Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
• Contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall brief;
• Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches;
• Working on layouts and art working pages ready for print;
• Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as InDesign, FreeHand, Illustrator, Photoshop, Corel drawl, Acrobat, Director, Dreamweaver and Flash etc;
• Advise clients on strategies to reach a particular audience;
• Work as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists;
• Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design
• Any other related task delegated by line manger.
• The desired candidate should be a graduate of Art (OND/HND/ Bsc).
• Must have 4 – 5 years work experience as a core graphic artist from a printing/ industry
• Knowledge of pre-press operations
• Must be able to do page planning and imposition
• Must be very creative and present a portfolio of designs created and of course, will carry out a practical test at the client’s place
• Desired candidate MUST have worked in the printing industry
• Must be IT savvy (Photoshop, Corel drawl) etc
• Skilled in the use of CorelDraw Graphic Suite and all Adobe software suites especially InDesign and illustrator.
• Organizational skills with attention to detail
• Reporting skills, deadline-oriented, time management
• Reasoning ability, mathematical ability, and logical thinking skills
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• Monday – Friday
• Saturday: Half day (twice a month)
• N100, 000/m (negotiable based on experience)
How to Apply
• Interested and qualified candidates should send CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘GRART II’ as the subject of mail before 20h July, 2018 and follow the instruction below:
• It is required that you attach past samples of work done.
• A list of software packages that candidates are expert with/ or have made use of in the past should be listed on the CV.
Note: The above is very important; applicants who do not compile with the above will not be assessed for the role.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43