Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? (1775 Views)

Africa To Trump: Who's A Sh**thole Now? / BREAKING: Britain’s US Ambassador Resigns after Trump spat / Jerusalem: ''to Know Who The 45th US President Is, Read Isaiah 45'' - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by AjalaJ(m): 5:27pm On Jun 27, 2018
Abraham Lincoln, if he were alive and brought up to speed. However, here and now we get to choose between Trump and Clinton. There are no other choices, and if you are able to vote, whatever you do—vote, don’t vote, vote for a splinter party candidates, or write in someone—will help either Trump or Clinton win, given your own situation.

This time around we’re in an unusual situation because the best candidate of the two for liberals is Clinton, but the best candidate for conservatives is also Clinton, who’s also the best candidate for moderates.

This is because the Republican candidate lacks both the preparation and the temperament required of a President. Whatever you think of Clinton, you know she can do the job. There probably has never been a candidate for the American presidency who understands exactly what the job entails as well as she does.

For moderates it’s a no-brainer, because she’s a moderate.

For liberals Trump is an abomination—a swindler and con artist and thin-skinned bully who’d be the bull in the china shop, so for them it should also be a no-brainer.

For small-c conservatives it’s painful. Their rational choice among this year’s Republican candidates would probably have been Jon Kasich, but he’s not available.

And for them I’d say Clinton is a more conservative choice than Trump. I mean, face it—she’d be presiding while the House remains firmly in Republican control, so not one of her policies will be implemented if it needs legislation or new funding. But at the same time she’d prevent the runaway spending that happened the last time a Republican President had a Republican Congress and Supreme Court.

In terms of social policy, remember that we’re electing a President, not a monarch. No President can pass laws single-handedly. Or appoint judges. Even if the Senate goes Democratic, it won’t have a filibuster-proof Democratic majority, so Supreme Court nominations wouldn’t fly unless they as moderate as someone like Judge Garland, who even Chief Justice Roberts approves of, and he’s certainly a conservative.

And from a small-c conservative viewpoint, you know that Clinton wouldn’t do anything startling. She’s a steady-as-she-goes type of politician. Whereas Trump seems capable of anything, as his mercurial moods strike him. It’s not surprising that he admires Putin, who’s a similar personality type.

I’ve never seen so many conservatives—from grassroots up into Washington DC Republicans—who are as opposed to the Republican nominee as they are to Trump, and it’s centered on nonpartisan things. His temperament. His grasp of the job. The likelihood that he would damage the Republican brand severely if he won.

I have not in my lifetime—and I’m old—seen a presidential candidate of either party who seemed so unsuited to the job, and whose background outside politics gave so little “outside” source of confidence in him either.

Clinton is imperfect but she’s in the ballpark. Trump isn’t in the ballpark.

That’s what it boils down to.

Source: https://www.quora.com/Who-do-you-think-should-be-next-president

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller/Skrill: Itu Global
Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 27, 2018
Actually, it depends on who Lord Putin nominates from Moskow. You should know we control the candidates of the White House now, else.....Boom! grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by Abbeybailey(m): 1:18am On Jun 28, 2018
Zoharariel:
Actually, it depends on who Lord Putin nominates from Moskow. You should know we control the candidates of the White House now, else.....Boom! grin cheesy grin
You sure did. The Dotard in the WH is a Kremlin stooge and history will not be kind to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by romme2u: 10:33am On Jun 28, 2018
sad

i thought this was settled aeons ago
Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by Delejumi(m): 11:27am On Jun 28, 2018
Abbeybailey:
You sure did. The Dotard in the WH is a Kremlin stooge and history will not be kind to him.

Oh!!! But someone that meant well to an average American and the person that is standing with the military and viciously say the truth even when they are not "politically correct" knows what he is doing and not a "Dotard" as you said...

It is in your country that the politicians deceive you to get your vote but this guy is down to earth,,, check his approval,,, you will see that Americans are enjoying him...

1 Like

Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by Abbeybailey(m): 1:10pm On Jun 28, 2018
Delejumi:

Oh!!! But someone that meant well to an average American and the person that is standing with the military and viciously say the truth even when they are not "politically correct" knows what he is doing and not a "Dotard" as you said...

It is in your country that the politicians deceive you to get your vote but this guy is down to earth,,, check his approval,,, you will see that Americans are enjoying him...
You must be talking about your country not mine. I am saying what i said as an American in good standing. 40% approval means 60% are not for him. North Korea s has started their Nuclear program again. There goes the Nobel prize for the Dotard in Chief.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by Delejumi(m): 2:56pm On Jun 28, 2018
Abbeybailey:
You must be talking about your country not mine. I am saying what i said as an American in good standing. 40% approval means 60% are not for him. North Korea s has started their Nuclear program again. There goes the Nobel prize for the Dotard in Chief.

Excuse me,,, the math is too simple 40+% approved and less than 40% did not approve and several are yet to decide...

...and moreso,,, if you read between the lines,,, the research is said not to have hampered the agreement as quoted by foxnews...

2 Likes

Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by ituglobal(m): 3:09am On Jun 29, 2018
The reality is: It might be neither Trump, nor Clinton.
Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by panafrican(m): 11:27am On Jun 29, 2018
In U.S. politics a " moderate" is in fact a slowpoke, a sick liberal who wouldn' t mind if the U.S. flag were replaced everywhere by the evil and arrogant homosexual rainbow flag.
People like Romney ( former governor of Massachusetts who ended up running for a senate seat in Utah this year ) don' t care if same sex marriage becomes the norm as long as their own selfish power greed is fulfilled.

Some say Trump is a dictator. Well, how did he come to power ? He came in at a time when Christians were targeted and dragged to court for refusing to bake cakes for homosexual wedding.
He came in when saying. the words " radical Muslims" was about to become a federal crime although at the very same time Muslims were kidnapping schoolgirls in Nigeria, beheading , burning alive or gunning down people Iraq, Syria, Libya, Burkina Faso, Chad, Cameroon, Cote d' Ivoire, France, UK, Belgium, Germany, Libya etc.
At that time Russia was the only military power battling radical Islam.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by panafrican(m): 11:28am On Jun 29, 2018
In U.S. politics a " moderate" is in fact a slowpoke, a sick liberal who wouldn' t mind if the U.S. flag were replaced everywhere by the evil and arrogant homosexual rainbow flag.
People like Romney ( former governor of Massachusetts who ended up running for a senate seat in Utah this year ) don' t care if same sex marriage becomes the norm as long as their own selfish power greed is fulfilled.

Some say Trump is a dictator. Well, how did he come to power ? He came in at a time when Christians were targeted and dragged to court for refusing to bake cakes for homosexual wedding.

He came in when saying. the words " radical Muslims" was about to become a federal crime although at the very same time Muslims were kidnapping schoolgirls in Nigeria, beheading , burning alive or gunning down people Iraq, Syria, Libya, Burkina Faso, Chad, Cameroon, Cote d' Ivoire, France, UK, Belgium, Germany, Libya etc.
Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by Abbeybailey(m): 12:24pm On Jun 29, 2018
panafrican:

Garbage in , garbage out.
Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by panafrican(m): 12:36pm On Jun 29, 2018
Abbeybailey:
Garbage in , garbage out.
Yeah. you rainbow -coat advocate.

2 Likes

Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by Abbeybailey(m): 1:08pm On Jun 29, 2018
panafrican:

Yeah. you rainbow -coat advocate.
Like I said, garbage in and garbage out. Your country is going down the drain and your focus is a place you have no deal in. Misplaced priority.
Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by panafrican(m): 1:56pm On Jun 29, 2018
Abbeybailey:
Like I said, garbage in and garbage out. Your country is going down the drain and your focus is a place you have no deal in. Misplaced priority.
It is in the best interest of everyone America is not run by homosexuals because what happens in that country has a tremendous impact on the rest of the world .
You still don ' t get it Mr. rainbow- coat advocate.
Too bad.

2 Likes

Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by Abbeybailey(m): 4:15pm On Jun 29, 2018
panafrican:

It is in the best interest of everyone America is not run by homosexuals because what happens in that country has a tremendous impact on the rest of the world .
You still don ' t get it Mr. rainbow- coat advocate.
Too bad.
I don't care for homosexuals either but it's their life not mine. I am a married father of four and have been married for over 20 years. Don't sweat yo urself. No homosexuals taking over in my America. By the way, I am a proud Democrat.
Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by panafrican(m): 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2018
Abbeybailey:
I don't care for homosexuals either but it's their life not mine. I am a married father of four and have been married for over 20 years. Don't sweat yo urself. No homosexuals taking over in my America. By the way, I am a proud Democrat.
Homosexual want to replace the American flag by their crap multi-colored flag. If they succeed, guess what they will do to small countries.
Like I say, it is in the best interest of everyone to care about what is going on in America.
Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by Abbeybailey(m): 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2018
panafrican:

Homosexual want to replace the American flag by their crap multi-colored flag. If they succeed, guess what they will do to small countries.
Like I say, it is in the best interest of everyone to care about what is going on in America.
That's impossible. I doubt if homosexuals are up to 5% in America. By the way, america is a country deeply rooted in constitution not just some banana republics. Stop giving yourself unnecessary blood pressure.
Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by BAILMONEY: 6:04pm On Jun 29, 2018
Abbeybailey:
That's impossible. I doubt if homosexuals are up to 5% in America. By the way, america is a country deeply rooted in constitution not just some banana republics. Stop giving yourself unnecessary blood pressure.
IMAM LOOKMAN BALOGUN HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR MEDS TODAY

2 Likes

Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by Abbeybailey(m): 7:25pm On Jun 29, 2018
BAILMONEY:
IMAM LOOKMAN BALOGUN HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR MEDS TODAY
That's a good question for the hungry fool that seared you.

1 Like

Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by BAILMONEY: 1:16am On Jun 30, 2018
Abbeybailey:
That's a good question for the hungry fool that seared you.
I CANT JUST WAIT TO BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU angry
Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by Abbeybailey(m): 1:34am On Jun 30, 2018
BAILMONEY:
I CANT JUST WAIT TO BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU angry
You need a psychiatric help. I can send some money to you to get the help you need. PM me anytime. I don't want you to take your gay a*s into the public market.
Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by panafrican(m): 4:51pm On Jun 30, 2018
Abbeybailey:

You don't see the danger coming just like a laborer who waits until the rain is pouring down before packing his luggages
See this
1)
The Rainbow Flag flies over the Stonewall National Monument following a dedication ceremony in New York on Oct. 11, 2017.Brendan McDermid / Reuters

Source
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/rainbow-flag-flies-u-s-monument-not-federal-land-n810106

2)
[img]https://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/11/us/11flag.html[/img]

Rainbow Flag Goes Up; Letters Flow In
By SABRINA TAVERNISEJUNE 10, 2011

RICHMOND, Va. — The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond ran a rainbow flag up its flagpole last week and has been hearing about it ever since.

From conservative groups who are outraged. From gay rights groups who are pleased. And from state lawmakers on both sides who just cannot seem to stop talking about it.

The bank unfurled the flag on June 1, at the request of a group of gay and lesbian employees in honor of gay pride month.

One day later, Bob Marshall, a Republican in the House of Delegates and an outspoken opponent on gay rights issues, was moved to write a letter to the bank’s president, saying that the flag was inappropriate for a quasi-governmental entity.

Gay and lesbian “behavior,” he wrote, “undermines the American economy, shortens lives, adds significantly to illness, increases health costs, promotes venereal diseases,” among other things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by Abbeybailey(m): 5:14pm On Jun 30, 2018
panafrican:

You don't see the danger coming just like a laborer who waits until the rain is pouring down before packing his luggages
See this
1)
The Rainbow Flag flies over the Stonewall National Monument following a dedication ceremony in New York on Oct. 11, 2017.Brendan McDermid / Reuters

Source
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/rainbow-flag-flies-u-s-monument-not-federal-land-n810106

2)
[img]https://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/11/us/11flag.html[/img]

Rainbow Flag Goes Up; Letters Flow In
By SABRINA TAVERNISEJUNE 10, 2011

RICHMOND, Va. — The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond ran a rainbow flag up its flagpole last week and has been hearing about it ever since.

From conservative groups who are outraged. From gay rights groups who are pleased. And from state lawmakers on both sides who just cannot seem to stop talking about it.

The bank unfurled the flag on June 1, at the request of a group of gay and lesbian employees in honor of gay pride month.

One day later, Bob Marshall, a Republican in the House of Delegates and an outspoken opponent on gay rights issues, was moved to write a letter to the bank’s president, saying that the flag was inappropriate for a quasi-governmental entity.

Gay and lesbian “behavior,” he wrote, “undermines the American economy, shortens lives, adds significantly to illness, increases health costs, promotes venereal diseases,” among other things.
Obviously, you are writing from emotion. I grew up knowing nothing can topple American democracy. Do you know what it entails to change the constitution in America?. Don't sweat yourself dry, homosexuals will never take over in America. Tell me any democracy in the world that was taken over by less than 5% of the people. Calm down and focus on your panafricanism while supporting a vile bigot who hates Black people.
Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by panafrican(m): 12:09am On Jul 01, 2018
Abbeybailey:
Obviously, you are writing from emotion. I grew up knowing nothing can topple American democracy. Do you know what it entails to change the constitution in America?. Don't sweat yourself dry, homosexuals will never take over in America. Tell me any democracy in the world that was taken over by less than 5% of the people. Calm down and focus on your panafricanism while supporting a vile bigot who hates Black people.

Abbeybailey AKA Lucasbalo,
1. How did the 5% succeed in having the LGBT flag unfold in the air next to the US flag at federal building such as the federal reserve ?
2. How did the 5% succeed in allowing gays into the military ?
3. How did the 5 % succeed in making the supreme court overrule state referendums that prohibited or limited same sex marriage?
4. How did the 5% succeed in terrorizing employers about discrimination against gays and lesbians?
5. How did the 5% succeed in taking people to court on the ground those people refused to bake a cake for gay marriage?
6. How did the 5% succeed in making some school board impose unisex bathrooms in schools
7. How did the 5% succeed in making a U.S. president threaten to withhold federal funds from school districts that refuse to allow unisex bathrooms in K-12 schools?

You don't understand the Bill of Rights can be interpreted by any supreme court judge in a manner that paves the way to all types of mess. You don't need to amend the constitution to reach a goal in a constitutional republic. Keep in mind America is not a Democracy but a constitutional republic .
Had America been a "Democracy " there wouldn't be an electoral college. As a matter of fact, the Founding Fathers were so afraid of Democracy they put into place an electoral college and a powerful supreme court.
Last but not least: Georges W. Bush was chosen by the supreme court against Al Gore, not elected by the people.

If you need other sources here they are some short videos
1. Individual freedom versus tyranny of the majority

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKI-PfCeCQ4

2. Paul Ryan 54th Speaker of the United States House of Representatives
America is NOT a Democracy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwD3Wha_bLk

3.Glenn Beck: We're not a democracy, we are a republic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXYF5dH2G0o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by Abbeybailey(m): 1:05am On Jul 01, 2018
panafrican:

Abbeybailey AKA Lucasbalo,
1. How did the 5% succeed in having the LGBT flag unfold in the air next to the US flag at federal building such as the federal reserve ?
2. How did the 5% succeed in allowing gays into the military ?
3. How did the 5 % succeed in making the supreme court overrule state referendums that prohibited or limited same sex marriage?
4. How did the 5% succeed in terrorizing employers about discrimination against gays and lesbians?
5. How did the 5% succeed in taking people to court on the ground those people refused to bake a cake for gay marriage?
6. How did the 5% succeed in making some school board impose unisex bathrooms in schools
7. How did the 5% succeed in making a U.S. president threaten to withhold federal funds from school districts that refuse to allow unisex bathrooms in K-12 schools?

You don't understand the Bill of Rights can be interpreted by any supreme court judge in a manner that paves the way to all types of mess. You don't need to amend the constitution to reach a goal in a constitutional republic. Keep in mind America is not a Democracy but a constitutional republic .
Had America been a "Democracy " there wouldn't be an electoral college. As a matter of fact, the Founding Fathers were so afraid of Democracy they put into place an electoral college and a powerful supreme court.
Last but not least: Georges W. Bush was chosen by the supreme court against Al Gore, not elected by the people.

If you need other sources here they are some short videos
1. Individual freedom versus tyranny of the majority

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKI-PfCeCQ4

2. Paul Ryan 54th Speaker of the United States House of Representatives
America is NOT a Democracy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwD3Wha_bLk

3.Glenn Beck: We're not a democracy, we are a republic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXYF5dH2G0o

I don't care about the right wing people you posted. The bottom line is that for an American constitution to change, you need two third of the States, Two third of the House of Representatives and also Two third of the Senate plus the signature of the president. Find something else to worry about. No homosexual flags will be intertwined with American flag. Period.

1 Like

Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by panafrican(m): 2:17am On Jul 01, 2018
Abbeybailey:
No homosexual flags will be intertwined with American flag. Period.
You have my support on that.

Trump is doing great. He is not touring the world to promote gay rights.
Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by Abbeybailey(m): 2:25am On Jul 01, 2018
panafrican:

You have my support on that.

Trump is doing great. He is not touring the world to promote gay rights.

How can a Pan Africanist like you support an overt racist that calls Africa a shiiithole?. He's is a vile racist and that's the reason 95% of African Americans voted against him.
Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by panafrican(m): 3:37pm On Jul 01, 2018
Abbeybailey:
How can a Pan Africanist like you support an overt racist that calls Africa a shiiithole?. He's is a vile racist and that's the reason 95% of African Americans voted against him.
The " racist" is selling weapons to Africa to fight radical islam and he will not come to Africa to tell us we MUST make laws that protect gay and lesbian b.s.

About name calling
We Africans also say things you won' t believe about White.
Wished you knew what Africans are saying about Eurpeans amd which type of special demeaning pronouns they use when referring to a White. person.

1 Like

Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by Abbeybailey(m): 5:04pm On Jul 01, 2018
panafrican:

The " racist" is selling weapons to Africa to fight radical islam and he will not come to Africa to tell us we MUST make laws that protect gay and lesbian b.s.

About name calling
We Africans also say things you won' t believe about White.
Wished you knew what Africans are saying about Eurpeans amd which type of special demeaning pronouns they use when referring to a White. person.

Yes, he will sell weapons to Africa to wipe each other off the planet earth. Africans needs more aides and developments not weapons of mass destruction. I grew up in Chicago knowing the Dotard as a bigot and i have so many instances of his hatred towards people that looks like you and me. Dare me and i will lay everything on the table. My main grouse with Trump is his open racism against Blacks and Brown people. Like I said, there's a reason over 95% percent of African Americans voted against him. We know him better than people like you that admire him from several thousands miles away.
Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by Vornic: 9:30pm On Jul 01, 2018
Trump will win in 2020

1 Like

Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by Abbeybailey(m): 10:20pm On Jul 01, 2018
Vornic:
Trump will win in 2020
So he can give you your Biafra. I want you to get your Biafra as long as it's peaceful but one thing people like you don't understand is that Trump couldn't give a fvck about you or your Biafra. He never mentioned a word about Biafra when he met with Buhari couple months ago. If Trump doesn't care about Blacks and Hispanics in his country, what makes you think he cares about you in a country he called shiiithole with his own mouth.
Re: After Trump, Who’s The Next US President? by Vornic: 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2018
Abbeybailey:
So he can give you your Biafra. I want you to get your Biafra as long as it's peaceful but one thing people like you don't understand is that Trump couldn't give a fvck about you or your Biafra. He never mentioned a word about Biafra when he met with Buhari couple months ago. If Trump doesn't care about Blacks and Hispanics in his country, what makes you think he cares about you in a country he called shiiithole with his own mouth.
It has nothing to do with Biafra, I never mentioned Biafra so stop all the incoherent rambling. I just stated my firm belief after observing the current trend of events

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Asks Pelosi If She Can Send Impeachment Copy Without Wine Stains On It / NACOB Of Ghana Arrests Two Nigerians Over $12M Cocaine Seizure / Top10 Most Powerful Countries in the world, 2016.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.