Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

I Don't Know Why I Didn't Award Penalty To Nigeria" – Referee Tells Mikel - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Don't Know Why I Didn't Award Penalty To Nigeria" – Referee Tells Mikel (682 Views)

Man United Score From A Record Penalty To Qualify For UEL Semi-Finals / Referee Orosco Sparks Chaos After Using Fake VAR To Award Penalty (Photos) / I Don’t Know Why I Didn’t Award Penalty To Nigeria – Turkish Referee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Know Why I Didn't Award Penalty To Nigeria" – Referee Tells Mikel by Mrsulay: 8:08pm On Jun 27, 2018
Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakin said he did not know why he did not award the penalty for the handball of Argentine defender, Marcus Rojo, for Nigeria on Tuesday evening, according to Super Eagles captain, John Mikel Obi.

Mikel said the referee admitted that the ball touched the hand of Marcos Rojo in the 82nd minute of Tuesday’s game but he put up a defense in not awarding the crucial spot-kick.
The penalty, if awarded and scored at a time the match was 1-1, could have wrapped up a second round ticket for the Eagles. Speaking at the post-match briefing in St Petersburg, Mikel said:

“I asked the referee if he thought the ball struck Rojo’s hand and he said ‘yes;. The referee told me that the bal

http://your-notion..com/2018/06/don-know-why-i-didn-award-penalty-to.html?m=
Re: I Don't Know Why I Didn't Award Penalty To Nigeria" – Referee Tells Mikel by footballflaver: 8:10pm On Jun 27, 2018
z
Re: I Don't Know Why I Didn't Award Penalty To Nigeria" – Referee Tells Mikel by CoolFreeday(m): 8:27pm On Jun 27, 2018
is he high? joke of d day...
Re: I Don't Know Why I Didn't Award Penalty To Nigeria" – Referee Tells Mikel by hisgrace090: 9:07pm On Jun 27, 2018
Fifa should deal with him and find a way to compasate nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

5 Odds For Today 9/9.2018 / Moses Faces Fresh Rivalry From Hazard’s Brother / Jose Mourinho Fight: New Footage Emerges Showing Exactly What Marco Ianni Did To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.