Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? (7437 Views)

Should I Resign To Study In The US, UK Or Just Stay Back In Nigeria? / If You Want To Travel To Kenya, Malindi Is The Place. . ! / UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by Laughter1(m): 4:24pm On Jun 07, 2010
Hello Guys. Everyone is more than welcome to advise Especially those who have been to the UK and US before, I would like to find out the real deal. Many of my friends have argued that US is the place to be, while some of them prefer to stay in UK. I have Lived in the UK before but never been to the US and as such I can't really come to a conclusion. I 'd pretty much appreciate great nairalanders to Judge the topic from Experience. Many Thanks

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by skfa1: 4:26pm On Jun 07, 2010
Nice topic, let me stay tuned  cheesy
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by dapsycool(m): 4:30pm On Jun 07, 2010
None, someone save Nigeria I wanna go back home with speed.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by Laughter1(m): 4:36pm On Jun 07, 2010
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

None, someone save Nigeria I wanna go back home with speed.

Loooooooool grin

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by BAC: 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2010
If you love Nigeria come to the UK. the flight back only cost £500 economy. But if you go to the USA, you have to think many twice before any visit.
That is one of the disadvantages of the USA, If you don't have papers don't come here ooo. You will suffer if you do.
But if you can work like to horse, USA will accomodate you.
If you hate paying tax don't come to the UK.
If you are the type that hate paying NePA bills don't come to UK
If you are the type that like using the phone to call Naija don't come here.
If you are the type that likes organic food don't come here. Tesco cannot even bail you out
If you are the type that like doing fraud, Go to the USA.
The list goes on and on,

But if you want to suffer enter without papers.(Either USA or UK)
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by niceguy10: 5:49pm On Jun 07, 2010
Nice topic, really enjoying it!!!
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by otawa: 7:28pm On Jun 07, 2010
best place to stay is HOME: wherever that may be for you.

but we know in life, it is not black and white.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2010
otawa:

best place to stay is HOME:
lol, when r u coming home?
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by niceguy10: 8:02pm On Jun 07, 2010
Tamita, very well said.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by Afam4eva(m): 8:27pm On Jun 07, 2010
It depends on what you want. I personally will prefer to live in the US but there's no place like home.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by tunnytox(m): 9:58pm On Jun 07, 2010
'
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by oyewolejos(m): 11:03pm On Jun 07, 2010
BAC:

If you love Nigeria come to the UK. the flight back only cost £500 economy. But if you go to the USA, you have to think many twice before any visit.
That is one of the disadvantages of the USA, If you don't have papers don't come here ooo. You will suffer if you do.
If you are the type that likes organic food don't come here. Tesco cannot even bail you out
The list goes on and on,

Lolllllllllllllllllllllll.I can't stop laughing
Yankee all da way.
Niggas runs the street.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by skfa1: 11:27pm On Jun 07, 2010
BAC:

The list goes on and on,

Are you saying that the rate at which people work in the US is higher than that of UK, cause im thinking people are working like a horse in the UK. Pls tell me something. As regard the tax, infact i don surrender for UK.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by apolonius(m): 12:36am On Jun 08, 2010
You will get more helpful contributions and viewpoints,if we know what exactly you are looking for in either.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by Osama10(m): 4:46am On Jun 08, 2010
There is no place like home, I have stayed in the UK but not US.

The bills are never ending in UK from Mobile Phone to Landline, Gas to Electric, Tv license to Satellite Subscription, Council Tax to House Rent, Mot to Insurance, the list is endless.

Am so glad to be back home and doing really fine with my job, simply there is no place like home.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by lovelynk(f): 7:23am On Jun 08, 2010
Home is the best.
Sometimes I wish i never left Naija.
Still trying to make the best of my stay here,till its time to go home.
No place like home!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by justwise(m): 8:50am On Jun 08, 2010
Osama10:

There is no place like home, I have stayed in the UK but not US.

The bills are never ending in UK from Mobile Phone to Landline, Gas to Electric, Tv license to[b] Satellite Subscription[/b], Council Tax to House Rent, Mot to Insurance, the list is endless.

Am so glad to be back home and doing really fine with my job, simply there is no place like home.

Do you have free calls and pay no rent in Nigeria? Are you living for free now you hav moved to Nigeria? The system works here cos pple PAY for what they used, constant electric supply, drinkable water, free health care and security the list go on. Can you say the same about home?

Yes for sure home is home but lets be realistic here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by BAC: 5:18pm On Jun 09, 2010
What surprises me most about USA is this.

The number 1 selling product in the USA is Crack Cocaine. And that does not mean the people that sell it provides a good customer service or they are good at selling, in fact if you miss one monthly payment they will send you to the grave, compared to a main stream company that will send you a reminder letter.

Well I would have suggest USA is best if you are looking at going into buying and selling but,

I don't know, thinking deep about this, I suggest you come to UK if you like fried chicken, there are all sorts of chicken shops here and the price is very attractive. There is NY fried chicken, Washington fried chicken, kenturky friend chicken and others you can make up as long as the first name is a state in the USA, lately i have even seen obama fried chicken as well (near brixton station). Or stay in Nigeria if you can manage with Nepa.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by justwise(m): 8:37am On Jun 10, 2010
BAC:

[b]The number 1 selling product in the USA is Crack Cocaine. And that does not mean the people that sell it provides a good customer service or they are good at selling, in fact if you miss one monthly payment they will send you to the grave, compared to a main stream company that will send you a reminder letter.[/b]Well I would have suggest USA is best if you are looking at going into buying and selling but,
I don't know, thinking deep about this, I suggest you come to UK if you like fried chicken, there are all sorts of chicken shops here and the price is very attractive. There is NY fried chicken, Washington fried chicken, kenturky friend chicken and others you can make up as long as the first name is a state in the USA, lately i have even seen obama fried chicken as well (near brixton station). Or stay in Nigeria if you can manage with Nepa.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, you are one crack nut. .ahahahaha
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by skfa1: 11:32pm On Jun 10, 2010
BAC:

The number 1 selling product in the USA is Crack Cocaine. And that does not mean the people that sell it provides a good customer service or they are good at selling, in fact if you miss one monthly payment they will send you to the grave, compared to a main stream company that will send you a reminder letter.

Well I would have suggest USA is best if you are looking at going into buying and selling but,

You need to come to manchester to see chicken and chips business, i mean from one door to another door you will find chicken and chips shop causing competition among the them.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by Fhemmmy: 1:59am On Jun 11, 2010
I will say USA, but if you still wanna be hearing the screaming of Mama Kunle in the hood, then UK . . . . . grin

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by SeanT21(f): 2:38am On Jun 11, 2010
USA of-course!!
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by AngieFan(f): 8:16am On Jun 11, 2010
It is a subjective view but I personally believe that the US is better for Nigerians seeking to leave Nigeria. Everything is BIG in America and I think Nigerians would adapt to that more than the our smaller Island, the UK.

For me there is no place like home (UK) but I do like living in the US at times. It is bearable for me because I have enough vacation time to fly home if I choose. By the end of this year I hope to be permanently based in the UK and Europe.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by justwise(m): 9:01am On Jun 11, 2010
AngieFan:

It is a subjective view but I personally believe that the US is better for Nigerians seeking to leave Nigeria. Everything is BIG in America and I think Nigerians would adapt to that more than the our smaller Island, the UK.

For me there is no place like home (UK) but I do like living in the US at times. It is bearable for me because I have enough vacation time to fly home if I choose. By the end of this year I hope to be permanently based in the UK and Europe.

How will that work?
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by Freiburger(m): 9:14am On Jun 11, 2010
Both countries 've got their advantages and dissadvantages, it depends on what you wanna achieve from either country, everyone's zeal can just be the same.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by BAC: 11:31am On Jun 11, 2010
Another reason why you should not come here. We drive on the wrong side the road. And we pay a lot to do that, Insurance,MOT,Road Tax, Speeding fines, Drink driving points, Congestion Charge and the Almighty Parking fines. After all that they are still threatening to draw double yellow line to our bedrooms. UK for show. I just love this country.
And People here like queueing even when there is  no need for it. if you don't like staying on the queue like we do in Naija don't come here. Mr bigs restaurant queues does not work here either
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by Fhemmmy: 12:59pm On Jun 11, 2010
BAC:

Another reason why you should not come here. We drive on the wrong side the road. And we pay a lot to do that, Insurance,MOT,Road Tax, Speeding fines, Drink driving points, Congestion Charge and the Almighty Parking fines. After all that they are still threatening to draw double yellow line to our bedrooms. UK for show. I just love this country.
And People here like queueing even when there is  no need for it. if you don't like staying on the queue like we do in Naija don't come here. Mr bigs restaurant queues does not work here either

All those could be avoided . . . . Avoid them
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by BAC: 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2010
Fhemmmy:

All those could be avoided . . . . Avoid them

Better said than done.
Speeding fines: When you are forced to drive a car that is designed to cruse as 80/mph in a 20/mph Zone. how can the righteous survive
Drink Driving Point: When tesco sellls alcohol cheaper than a bottle of water
Congestion Charge: When they keep increasing the coverage area
Parking Fines: This govt have painted town double Yellow.

The other day I went to buy bread that cost me £1.20 i received a charge of £60 on my door step next day. and That is Half price, don't pay within 2 week bang £120.
For the mathematicians in the house. How many loaves of bread could I have taken home on that lovely day?
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by omega25red(m): 9:54pm On Jun 11, 2010
All the responses are shocking from crack being the no. 1 selling thing in the usa to somone thinking the chicken joints in the uk is fantastic and plentiful. As for bills it doens't end in either place wether it's u.s or uk the bills are endless taxes phone cell phone cable car insurance property taxes water bill etc it just never ends but the good part is you see where your money is going and someone can be held accountable. personally i say u.s is better because majority vote counts for a lot here and you are afforded more chances to get your papers (not that i know of the uk system and the u.s laws are rapidly changing due to the drug cartels from south america and other factors)
Some draw backs about the u.s is the health care system. I really dont know if universal health care will be good but at least people can see a doctor. Also there are too many eveil people who think their way of life and thinking should be the way everyone should live and act. these same people would make laws banning or trying to ban things and as soon as you turn around they get arrested for the same thing they oppose.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by cold(m): 10:54pm On Jun 11, 2010
BAC:

Of evrythin you mentioned this is what i detest most abt the UK system.Kai!The RHD system is the most useless part of evrythin in the UK.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 12, 2010
My brother the best place to be is home, Nigeria. I have lived in Germany, Holland, UK and presently in the US. But if you wanna travel, check this web site, they got a lot of information. www.touristvisas.info
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by Pweety4me(f): 6:59am On Jun 12, 2010
Go back 2 ur country & stay there 4 better or 4 worse! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Advise For People That Want Leave Nigeria / How Can I Locate Ikotun From Ojota / My Collection Of Beautiful Pictures Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.