Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship (9093 Views)

Adekunle Akinlade Rejects Ogun Governorship Election Result, Allege Manipulation / Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate / Segun Odegbami Contesting For Ogun Governorship - PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by goldcoinhub: 7:01am On Jun 28, 2018
Former Nigerian footballer and sports administrator, Segun Odegbami has revealed to the public that he would be contesting in the Ogun state governorship election.

Segun Odegbami made the confirmation via his Facebook page in a post on Wednesday.

He wrote:

“I am going to stay around for a little while longer, still watch and report any interesting events around here, and properly think through my next project.

“Now more than ever before I know for sure why I want to contest for the office of governor of my State. The thought of a Footballer in government house excites many who have heard the rumour here. It will surely attract all manner of reactions back in my State,” he wrote.

Odegbami added that

“Politics in the most sophisticated environment in Nigeria, for all things progressive, may never be the same again. I am looking forward to the challenge in faith and with hope.”

Mr Odegbami, a seasoned sports administrator, added that “…Politics in the most sophisticated environment in Nigeria, for all things progressive, may never be the same again. I am looking forward to the challenge in faith and with hope”.

Born on August 27, 1957 in Abeokuta Ogun State, Mr Odegbami was brought up in the northern city of Jos, Plateau State. He won 46 caps and scored 23 goals for the Nigerian national team, and led Nigeria to its first Africa Cup of Nations title in 1980.

Mr Odegbami played for IICC Shooting Stars of Ibadan his entire career, from 1970 to 1984.

https://lailasnews.com/segun-odegbami-reveals-ambition-to-become-ogun-governor/

3 Likes

Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by akikanju(m): 8:10am On Jun 28, 2018
Good for him.
Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by YomzzyDBlogger: 11:38am On Jun 28, 2018
cheesy
Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by macphilip: 11:39am On Jun 28, 2018
This is a more realistic ambition unlike when you were saying you wanted to be FIFA president

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by DidierDrogba: 11:41am On Jun 28, 2018
here no be Liberia oooo.....here na Naizooria

1 Like

Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by obembet(f): 11:42am On Jun 28, 2018
DidierDrogba:
here no be Liberia oooo.....here na Naizooria

I agree with u bro...

I.think your mate they couch
Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by ProfEinstein: 11:43am On Jun 28, 2018
Oga governance is a serious business and nothing compared to football, so better face your soccer business and leave politics for experienced hands.

2 Likes

Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by wink2015(m): 11:44am On Jun 28, 2018
SOMEHOW COPYCATING GEORGE WEAH OF LIBERIA

The same thing with Nwankwo Kanu who is having an ambition for the Presidency.

Let Segun Odegbami, green eagle skipper give it a trial.

But be reminded that Nigerian politics nay African politics is LIKE PLAYING WITH THE TIGER TAIL. It is not an easy game for a gentle man like Segun Odegbami.

The opposition might want to threaten a coolminded opponent with thuggery and when you do not match strength with strength then one is in for some frustrating moment.

AGBEROS like governor Ayodele Fayose are better for the rough kind of politics being played in Nigeria.

SEGUN ODEGBAMI STILL STAND BETTER CHANCES OF BEING GOVERNOR AS HE IS A GOOD MAN WHO LIVE A HONEST AND MODERATE LIFESTYLE.

Segun Odegbami entered and left football at a time there was NO MONEY IN THE GAME when compared to what the likes of Mikel Obi, Victor Moses, and the likes of the international players are earning from their club as at today.

THERE WAS NO MONEY IN FOOTBALL AT SEGUN ODEGBAMI TIME BUT HE HAS ONE THING NOBODY CAN TAKE FROM HIM WHICH IS HIS INTEGRITY AND HONESTY!

There are countless number of voters from Ogun states who will give him that vote especially if he comes out with a well articulated and thoughtout manifestos. And also join the right political party.

I am of the view that President Muhammadu Buhari will like people like Segun Odegbami and Adams Oshiomole because of their low profile lifestyle.

Lets keep our finger cross and watch.

3 Likes

Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by TheAngry1: 11:45am On Jun 28, 2018
I hope we are bold enough to elect someone like him. Somehow, it seems intelligence scares Nigerians! That is why ideeeots like Rochas, Fayose, and that mumu governor that gives out wheelbarrows can be governors in Nigeria. That is why we voted Obiano over Chidoka. Intelligence scares us!

4 Likes

Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by Crocky23: 11:45am On Jun 28, 2018
Don't join party of Failures Fulanis.
If you know you know.
Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by Adefemiaderoju1: 11:47am On Jun 28, 2018
Good for him, anything is possible if you keep believing.
Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by DidierDrogba: 11:51am On Jun 28, 2018
obembet:

I agree with u bro...
I.think your mate they couch
wetin u talk
Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by bobnatlo(m): 11:56am On Jun 28, 2018
A contender or joker in d race?
Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by AkupeMBANO(m): 11:57am On Jun 28, 2018
segun the touch line master. football mathematician

1 Like

Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 28, 2018
u wan run down ni
Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by shadrach77: 12:01pm On Jun 28, 2018
Mathematical Segun Odegbami - gone are the days grin grin cheesy
Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by engrjacuzzi: 12:15pm On Jun 28, 2018
footballers now turning to politicians. I heard Didier Drogba is contesting, Samuel Eto'o and even Egyptians voted Mohammed Salah. they should try their luck

1 Like

Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by Gaddafiyusf(m): 12:18pm On Jun 28, 2018
I thought it was the director that was once caught at computer village
Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by Ademat7(m): 12:20pm On Jun 28, 2018
no experienced hand anywhere in Nigeria,only gang of those killing the future of this nation
ProfEinstein:
Oga governance is a serious business and nothing compared to football, so better face your soccer business and leave politics for experienced hands.

1 Like

Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
TheAngry1:
I hope we are bold enough to elect someone like him. Somehow, it seems intelligence scares Nigerians! That is why ideeeots like Rochas, Fayose, and that mumu governor that gives out wheelbarrows can be governors in Nigeria. That is why we voted Obiano over Chidoka. Intelligence scares us!

Obiano is not Intelligent?
Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by jaxxy(m): 12:35pm On Jun 28, 2018
Mr Man..
Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by Lanre4uonly(m): 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
Ok. I wish him all the best.
Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by Nairalane: 3:04pm On Jun 28, 2018
e
Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by opedaydydx9(m): 3:53pm On Jun 28, 2018
wink2015:
SOMEHOW COPYCATING GEORGE WEAH OF LIBERIA

The same thing with Nwankwo Kanu who is having an ambition for the Presidency.

Let Segun Odegbami, green eagle skipper give it a trial.

But be reminded that Nigerian politics nay African politics is LIKE PLAYING WITH THE TIGER TAIL. It is not an easy game for a gentle man like Segun Odegbami.

The opposition might want to threaten a coolminded opponent with thuggery and when you do not match strength with strength then one is in for some frustrating moment.

AGBEROS like governor Ayodele Fayose are better for the rough kind of politics being played in Nigeria.

SEGUN ODEGBAMI STILL STAND BETTER CHANCES OF BEING GOVERNOR AS HE IS A GOOD MAN WHO LIVE A HONEST AND MODERATE LIFESTYLE.

Segun Odegbami entered and left football at a time there was NO MONEY IN THE GAME when compared to what the likes of Mikel Obi, Victor Moses, and the likes of the international players are earning from their club as at today.

THERE WAS NO MONEY IN FOOTBALL AT SEGUN ODEGBAMI TIME BUT HE HAS ONE THING NOBODY CAN TAKE FROM HIM WHICH IS HIS INTEGRITY AND HONESTY!

There are countless number of voters from Ogun states who will give him that vote especially if he comes out with a well articulated and thoughtout manifestos. And also join the right political party.

I am of the view that President Muhammadu Buhari will like people like Segun Odegbami and Adams Oshiomole because of their low profile lifestyle.

Lets keep our finger cross and watch.
you were making sense till I mentioned buhari
Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by oyetpel(m): 5:05pm On Jun 28, 2018
ProfEinstein:

Why do you people comment like this?

Arnold Schwarzenegger was an actor yet he contested and became a governor in USA.

Andriy Shevchenko a footballer is a respected politician in his country Ukraine. Likewise Vitaly Klitschko a boxer is currently Mayor of Kiev and head of the Kiev City State Administration.

George Weah, a former footballer is the president of Liberia.

Even people that have not played football professionally before currently head fifa.

So why can't a former footballer contest for a governor in Nigeria?
Re: Segun Odegbami To Contest For Ogun Governorship by Olumeme: 10:09pm On Jun 28, 2018
He should not waste his money

(1) (Reply)

Ekweremadu Canvasses Six-Year Single Term For President, Governors Again / SE And SW Nigeria Which Is Greener? / Buhari Says FG Determined To Reduce Nation’s Food Import Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.