Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,908 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 - Sports (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 (43253 Views)

Nigeria Vs Colombia: FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup. Semi Finals (5 - 6) On Pens / Panama Vs Tunisia: World Cup (1- 2) On 28th June 2018 / England Vs Belgium: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Pacesetter123(m): 6:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
kenddys:

Egypt that has the best league in Africa and they took mostly home based players how many matches did they win ehn
Good one dere,bros!

2 Likes

Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by holuphisayor(m): 6:37pm On Jun 28, 2018
am not surprised African teams lose out earlier than we expected.

Very soon, countries like China , Qatar would be world beaters.

look at how much they've invested in their local leagues.

1 Like

Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by naija01: 6:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
mainkendo:
Senegal are through to round of 16.

No, they did not qualify due to too much of gra-gra.

2 Likes

Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by akdjr(m): 6:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
Waiting for Fifa
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Swanzi(m): 6:43pm On Jun 28, 2018
Khutie:

•••Just because yhu wanted to be there? They worked their assess off to be on that stage, same goes to every team in Russia. Come on, give all ya support to "our" African team. They are winning this.

Anoteyew..
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by tgmservice: 6:44pm On Jun 28, 2018
INVINCIBLECSP:
U Must Be Mad For Calling Me Illiterate. Cant U Ignore And Pass. Nonsense
sorry for that
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by rentAcock(m): 6:46pm On Jun 28, 2018
Now that all African teams are out, traffic will dramatically reduce on these football threads. Just check out the Japan Vs Poland thread, only 1 page long. I remember when Nigeria was playing, i could've sworn over 30,000 members and guests were viewing the thread for updates. This is bad business for nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by salford: 7:21pm On Jun 28, 2018
baum1:

Guy, when dem born you?
Roger Milla was not homebased
Yekini was not homebased
football wasn't so lucrative in the days of yekini and miller.
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by salford: 7:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

I said the same thing yesterday. We need to improve our leagues. Enough of have too many foreign based players. South America teams would always select the local players for world cup but here we drop them all. Why won't our players be running to Europe for greener pastures.
it's a funny cycle. People are clamoring for the local league to be developed, but it won't develop if they have less people coming to watch the games. Nigerians would rather pay to watch European league matches unlike the south Americans that fully support their local leagues.
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:33pm On Jun 28, 2018
salford:

it's a funny cycle. People are clamoring for the local league to be developed, but it won't develop if they have less people coming to watch the games. Nigerians would rather pay to watch European league matches unlike the south Americans that fully support their local leagues.
If things are put are in place; sponsorship, remuneration, security and good publicity. Nigerians would come out to watch match. I would also, want the government to reduce the number of foreign leagues that would be aired in Nigeria.
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by daniel5711: 7:57pm On Jun 28, 2018
[quote author=imperiouxx post=68909017]

They once used that to ousted Nigeria before.

I can't remember the age bracket.[Finland U-17 2003, Costarica qualified when FIFA tossed the coin]
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Godwin616: 8:03pm On Jun 28, 2018
No single home based player in our team and this is not good for our soccer developmemt. A blend of both foreign based and home based players would have given us a better result. It worked perfectly for us in the last AFCON won by Nigeria. Did you notice how the home based boys played with Atletico Madrid recently in the friendly. Most of these so_called foreign based are tired legs and some are not even playing regularly in thier clubs. Untill we start giving opportunity to local players too so that everyone fights for the shirt based on merit before we can move forward.
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by femi4: 8:04pm On Jun 28, 2018
okitiomas:
you just said my mind how can you be carrying players that are being benched in the so called big teams all because they play in europe i belive if we take our home grown talents to the world cup we gonna do well players who are hungry for success will deliver
Your home based that couldn't win Chan
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by femi4: 8:05pm On Jun 28, 2018
Godwin616:
No single home based player in our team and this is not good for our soccer developmemt. A blend of both foreign based and home based players would have given us a better result. It worked perfectly for us in the last AFCON won by Nigeria. Did you notice how the home based boys played with Atletico Madrid recently in the friendly. Most of these so_called foreign based are tired legs and some are not even playing regularly in thier clubs. Untill we start giving opportunity to local players too so that everyone fights for the shirt based on merit before we can move forward.
They were all foreign based
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 28, 2018
tgmservice:
sorry for that
Apology Accepted

1 Like

Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by imperiouxx(m): 11:31pm On Jun 28, 2018
daniel5711:
Finland U-17 2003, Costarica qualified when FIFA tossed the coin

Yea, that was it. Thanks
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by easyelliot(m): 12:43am On Jun 29, 2018
If Im not mistaken, this is the first time, in recent memory, that not a single African country has advanced....

Shame.
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by davidif: 5:05am On Jun 29, 2018
salford:

How can the local league be developed when almost all the teams are owned by the govt? Nigerians need to get rid of govt control of almost every area of life.
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by davidif: 5:05am On Jun 29, 2018
easyelliot:
If Im not mistaken, this is the first time, in recent memory, that not a single African country has advanced....

Shame.

Yep. Since 1982.
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by davidif: 5:07am On Jun 29, 2018
Godwin616:

I don't care whether we play home or foreign based players I just want good players. This unnecessary nationalism or national pride will take us nowhere.
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by davidif: 5:10am On Jun 29, 2018
Pacesetter123:
Good one dere,bros!

Abi o. I dont care if a player is foreign or domestic i just care about having good players.
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by davidif: 5:14am On Jun 29, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

If things are put are in place; sponsorship, remuneration, security and good publicity. Nigerians would come out to watch match. I would also, want the government to reduce the number of foreign leagues that would be aired in Nigeria.

Wrong! you first have to wrestle control of the football teams in our local league from the govt. Last time I heard, 18 teams in the nigerian premier league are owned by the govt. Can you even imagine that in the english premier league?
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 29, 2018
Horus:

Yes, they have the support and blessings of the African ancestors

And the Colombians no get ancestors

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Emiliano Sala:- Cushions 'From Missing Plane' Found / Different Nigerians' Reactions To Nigeria 4: 0 Win Over Libya (Memes) / African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.