Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday (26053 Views)

Omeruo, Leon Balogun And Iwobi Pose For A Selfie In Russia / Leon Balogun Signs For EPL Side Brighton / Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday by myproperty(m): 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2018
Mufasa27:
Tolotolo defender

Very sluggish and lazy defender. Tolotolo indeed
Re: Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday by Kingsley1000(m): 2:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
he is good but not best
Re: Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday by taiwiki(m): 2:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
This guy saved us wen he tackled that Argentine player and got a yellow card.... Na sense he take rake the guy

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday by Samakus(m): 2:59pm On Jun 28, 2018
He is slow but reads the game well and passes well from the back. I will choose him over Ekong and Omeruo anytime anyday.

Happy birthday Leon

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday by Samakus(m): 3:04pm On Jun 28, 2018
myproperty:

How many central defenders in the world are really fast? Appreciate what you have or keep dreaming for the elusive eldorado

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday by Timagex(m): 3:10pm On Jun 28, 2018
izzy4shizzy:
Meet Leon Balogun

If you know, you know
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy how many hours did it take you to say that? cool cheesy
Re: Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday by jagorinho: 3:13pm On Jun 28, 2018
izzy4shizzy:

Hahahaha

Joke of the year
it seems you do not know anything about football, out of all those defenders, he stands above all, i rated ekong above him before this tournament but it seems ekong can not keep his cool at the biggest stage, Balogun was composed throughout the tournament, he lacks pace, but the timing and manner of his tackles is top notch, and he is good in the air too, the tackle against that argentine attacker only yielded yellow because of his mode of execution,assumimg it was all these extremely physical defenders that hacks players down anyhow like fulani herdsmen, then that would have been a straight red.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday by jagorinho: 3:14pm On Jun 28, 2018
myproperty:

your lots are better at watching cricket match.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday by ahamonyeka(m): 3:17pm On Jun 28, 2018
happy birthday brother .knowing fully well that you are a full blood Nigeria not even denying your country.

you did your best in the world cup .kudos to you.
Re: Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday by izzy4shizzy(m): 3:26pm On Jun 28, 2018
jagorinho:

it seems you do not know anything about football, out of all those defenders, he stands above all, i rated ekong above him before this tournament but it seems ekong can not keep his cool at the biggest stage, Balogun was composed throughout the tournament, he lacks pace, but the timing and manner of his tackles is top notch, and he is good in the air too, the tackle against that argentine attacker only yielded yellow because of his mode of execution,assumimg it was all these extremely physical defenders that hacks players down anyhow like fulani herdsmen, then that would have been a straight red.

If only been slow was his problem it would have been tolerate able, he lacks composure and sometimes unsure of what to do, apart from his height, there is nothing top notch about him, you should even rate Ekong ahead of him
Re: Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday by jagorinho: 3:30pm On Jun 28, 2018
izzy4shizzy:

If only been slow was his problem it would have been tolerate able, he lacks composure and sometimes unsure of what to do, apart from his height, there is nothing top notch about him, you should even rate Ekong ahead of him
for me, he is very composed, ekong ratings really drop during this world cup unless you do not want to face the truth, maybe he was deperate to make a point or maybe he was afraid of making mistakes, throughout our 3 matches, balogun is our best defender

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday by SniperSmurf(m): 3:51pm On Jun 28, 2018
jagorinho:

I agree with you. He is as good as it gets in Naija defense right now.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday by lilslim(m): 4:02pm On Jun 28, 2018
izzy4shizzy:
Meet Leon Balogun

If you know, you know
Why you evil na...haba
Re: Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday by GavelSlam: 4:02pm On Jun 28, 2018
jagorinho:

Don't mind them.

I hadn't paid much attention to him before the competition but in every game , I saw a proper central defender.

He's our best .

5 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday by optimusprime2(m): 4:09pm On Jun 28, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

U say wetin ?
Yes I agree, he had a 97.8% success rate in aerial duels.
Nigeria's best in the worldcup so far for a cb
Nigeria's best cb so far.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday by donpharaoh1: 4:20pm On Jun 28, 2018
LION that couldnt stop LIONESS... Op you better change am from Lion to CAT
Re: Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday by sharpwriter(m): 4:21pm On Jun 28, 2018
jagorinho:

Laughing at the bolded cheesy grin
Re: Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday by optimusprime2(m): 4:22pm On Jun 28, 2018
izzy4shizzy:

I disagree with you mate, Leon Balogun is Nigeria's best cb at the moment in terms of timing of tackles, forward passing, defence to midfield link play and especially aerial battles.
He was the key reason Iceland's strategy was thwarted, because of his timely interceptions, which was higher than Ekong and Kenneth O, he and Ndidi had the highest aerial duel success in the match, despite the heights of the Iceland players.
He just lacks pace to match his defence to midfield link play.
Re: Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday by optimusprime2(m): 4:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
Samakus:

How many central defenders in the world are really fast? Appreciate what you have or keep dreaming for the elusive eldorado
Actually there are some fast Cb' s that play defence to midfield link play, e.g Samuel Umtiti, David Luiz, Cesar Azpilicueta, Raphael Varane, Sergio Ramos...
I really appreciate Leon Balogun, but to be able to play that style of offensive-defence efficiently, speed is important, he needs to do more speed training.
Re: Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday by bbey(m): 4:56pm On Jun 28, 2018
Re: Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday by NIGHTMARE0O7: 5:31pm On Jun 28, 2018
optimusprime2:

Yes I agree, he had a 97.8% success rate in aerial duels.
Nigeria's best in the worldcup so far for a cb
Nigeria's best cb so far.

Now I might agree when u say "CB"
Because he is not better than omeruo in aerial duels who has 100%
Re: Super Eagles Celebrate Leon Balogun On His Birthday by BENEAMATA: 8:15pm On Jun 28, 2018
iluvdonjazzy:
wao my birthday mate, pls CELEBRATE with me
To my brother , to Leon and to you , who i mentioned , a special happy birthday shoutout to you all ! Prosper in good health and and long life , i pray . Enjoy the rest of a special day . tongue
iluvdonjazzy:
wao my birthday mate, pls CELEBRATE with me
To my brother , to Leon and to you , who i mentioned , a special happy birthday shoutout to you all ! Prosper in good health and and long life , i pray . Enjoy the rest of a special day .

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures And Videos Of The Super Falcons In Morocco For The Nations Cup / Nigerian Players To Have Won CAF Champions League Title With Non-nigerian Clubs / Asisat Oshoala Named African Footballer Of The Year For A Record 5th Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.