Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

How To Become A Trend Setter #thread - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Become A Trend Setter #thread (227 Views)

The Worrisome Trend Of Sensational Social Media Journalism About Nigerian Banks / Nigerian Stock Exchange Resumes On Downward Trend, Down By 0.12% / Trend For Bakery And Bread Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Trend Setter #thread by MyfinanceNG: 11:33am On Jun 28, 2018
People often ask what the next big trend will be, and when this thrown to me my answer is usually, “I have no idea.” It’s a little like asking someone what the next winning Lotto ticket will be or who will win the world cup.

Any Entreprenuer is seen as person who is in a creative industry. And if you’re in a creative industry, you should be creating trends, NOT following them! Only lazy people follow trends. Today I’d like to remind us all how to be our own trendsetters:

1. Trust in your ability to create. Creativity means letting yourself make mistakes. On more than one occasion, I’ve made a “mistake” that turned into a trend.

2. Take every single design you do, and think of three ways you could do it differently.

3. How many times have you seen a trend and thought, “Dang! That was my idea. I should have done that.” Trendsetters not only come up with ideas, they also ACT on them. If you have an idea, do it!

4. Have the courage to stand by your ideas. Some ideas come before their time.

5. Keep it simple. Great trends usually follow good old fashioned common sense. Most people follow trends that make sense.

The wonderful thing about being in the wedding and event industry is that every new client and job is an opportunity to create a new trend and do something different. A new trend can also be created to run any type of business.

Dear Nairaland Readers, are you more comfortable as a trend follower or trend setter? Are most of your clients open to innovation or do they prefer to play it safe?

Below is a personal finance site which will help you master all the aspect of your financial life, how to make and manage your money.
https://myfinance.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Appointment Of An Estate Agent / Buy My Nigerian Adsense Account For Just #8k / We Design Website/mobile App/ Software... You Can Reach Us Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.