Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,291 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Why All African Teams Were Been Eliminated At The Group Stage? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why All African Teams Were Been Eliminated At The Group Stage? (606 Views)

13th All-African Games: Final Medal standings as Nigeria Finishes Second / Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) / Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why All African Teams Were Been Eliminated At The Group Stage? by DoctorGenerator: 5:24pm On Jun 28, 2018
Its a thing of great concern and worried for all African teams to be eliminated at the group stage. It's so shameful for the continent not to make an impact at the world cup . Please, who can tell us what went wrong?
Re: Why All African Teams Were Been Eliminated At The Group Stage? by ubongoton(m): 5:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
the reason is that you failed to know that the full meaning of fifa is F....football I...is not F....for A.....africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why All African Teams Were Been Eliminated At The Group Stage? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
Everything went wrong organically because Africans do not build institutions, we always believe that with God's support, we will make it. Africans tend to utilize the rat-race approach for everything.

If you are building a football team, it is expected that to be a good medical doctor, you must invest at least 23 years of life into becoming that, which your dream is. But in football, which actually pays more and make millions of people happy, we decide to ascribe to talent development instead of skill acquisition.

Other continents get kids from 3 years old and start training them on sports, and they make sure the kids are excellent on the chosen careers and on sports. The children are groomed with these skill-sets for decades before being introduced into national teams. With the acquired skill, there is no way that the players will depend on luck and grace of God to win. That is called gambling. So, Africans gamble for success, while others train for success, practice for success and actually are groomed for success.

So, no matter what lenses you want to view this with, you will realize that a Failure's anthem, is always finding reasons to back up a claims of racism, or there is a conspiracy to replace Africans. Those are lame excuses.

The day Africans stop depending on God and others, as well as take responsibility for their failures, then they will naturally focus on how to become the geatest version of themselves.

By the way, I didnt watch the matches, because I knew Nigeria will not go anywhere. I watched their first match for 5 minutes and from the steps, I knew they can only win by luck, and I do not trust in luck and can not expose my emotions to a bunch of guys who depend on external forces to positively alter the dynamics in their favor. That is so 1800, that God is no only at play in the Universe.

Time for Africans to develop skills and stop depending on talents. Talents can only take you so far, but you cant become a Star with just talent. Champions are trained, not nurtured.
Re: Why All African Teams Were Been Eliminated At The Group Stage? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 28, 2018
Your grammar is VERY POOR!! Ha ha.In fact, you are the cause.
Re: Why All African Teams Were Been Eliminated At The Group Stage? by paulos8: 5:51pm On Jun 28, 2018
The main reason is their leagues... The Europeans and and Americans have the best football league worldwide compared to africans... Africans even aspire to play and develop there... Truth is they own football
Re: Why All African Teams Were Been Eliminated At The Group Stage? by DoctorGenerator: 6:11pm On Jun 28, 2018
wallace1:
Your grammar is VERY POOR!! Ha ha.In fact, you are the cause.

Professor, who knows you in the English world. Your foster child. English na my papa language.

(1) (Reply)

Addition Of Scrabble To National Sport Festival / 1.50 Odd Free Tips. / Barcelona Hijack Vidal From Intermilan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.