Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:50 AM

FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE (53867 Views)

Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos / @BENIN City @ BENIN Stone Coated Roofing Sheet Roof Tiles Tile In Benin City / Still On Vinyl Rubber Tile Flooring- The Best Flooring Solution. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 6:57pm On Jun 28, 2018
Some of our engineers/contractors are really wicked grin.
I once went to make delivery to a client in lekki phase II where an engineer was working for him.He saw my add here on nairaland and linked me to his engineer to supply him some stuffs. When I got there I noticed the tiles the engineer used for his sitting room was the worst of Nigerian ceramic tiles which can start washing anytime depending on the traffic within the space. This is a client that didn't bargain much on the price of the stuffs he bought from me which shows the money is there,even the engineer told me that whenever he want to update him he does that through Skype.

So I Mr Ralph aka ThatHistoryGuy aka Classicman aka Ralphdan on cool behalf of epic_ceramics thought I should educate our #realestate_developers #prospective_home_owners #propective_hotels_owners #contractors #engineers etc on the best tile to buy when next you need tiles for your house flooring and also to let you know which tile to instist on when telling your contractor/engineer the qualities to use.

Thus we will be talking about :

*Category 1
#Vetrified tiles
#Porcelain tiles
#Ceramic tiles

*Category 2
#Spanish tiles
#Italian tiles
#Chinese
&
#Nigerian tiles

*Sizes of tiles that can be found in the Nigerian tile market but are not common( just contact epic_ceramics if you need any of the sizes below)
10x20 porcelain tiles
90x90 porcelain Spanish made tiles
60x120 porcelain Spanish made tiles
75x150 porcelain Spanish made tiles
23x150 porcelain Woodenlike tiles
120x120 porcelain Spanish made tiles
3D tiles
Center decoration tiles

Feel free to raise any matter that is of concern to you.

Also In case you need a tested & trusted #tile #wc & #sanitary_wares supplier feel free to contact epic_ceramics on O81-57ooo9o8 (WhatsApp enable) or e-mail epicceramics01@gmail.com
Our Showroom is @STI marker,odun-ade b/stop Orile Lagos .

Them Bosses cool Respect!
rabcnesbit
mufutau55
InvertedHammer
cindybaby22
lawofeso
folmus
Bimpsyyyyy
diordaves
Dabomb
educhigo
sako28
gabbytabby
pizapato
SAT123
bixton
cjrane
MrJohnson1987
EgunMogaji
FastShipping
rotecch77
earthrealm
Aventures
adewaleID
skelefish
spyder880
adanny01
Rubbiish
alstacs
megacontrol
abbeycial

https:///2348157000908

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 8:01pm On Jun 28, 2018
On Vitrified tiles
This is the best quality of tiles. This kind of tiles are made to be used as an alternative to granites and marble.It is the best for a high trafficked area cus no matter the the traffic the surface remain the same colour. This is because its produced in a way that the same colour on the surface is the same colour at the back and by the side.So the same colour penetrates throughout the entire thickness of the tile. This kind of tile is non porous and highly resistant to water. Made through the process of vitrification and so has glass texture.
Vitrified tiles are more costly than all other tiles,more durable and is available in Spanish, Italian,Chinese and Nigerian tiles.
There are pure vitrified tiles and partly vitrified tiles.
Best for
*staircase
*varader
*high traffic areas
mostly used in banks
can serve for long period of time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 6:32am On Jun 30, 2018
On Porcelain tiles

Porcelain tiles are also made of white ceramics however they are made to be stronger and with a better technology than normal ceramic tiles.Made to be much harder and resistant to wear and damages than ceramic tiles.Porcelain tiles are more costly than normal ceramic tiles. Its usually available in matte,semi-glazed and highly glossy surface .On a matte surface porcelain tile would be almost the same as a vitrified tile cus the same colour at the matte surface would be the same colour at the back though it would be noticeable when it starts to wear off.
*porcelain are best for a fairly trafficked area
*its stronger than ceramic tiles
*produced to be more durable than ceramic tiles
*more water resistant than ceramic tiles
*best for the sitting room and rooms
*the back of a porcelain tile is mostly but not always white while the surface can be any colour
*the back of a porcelain tile is never muddy in colour

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 10:50pm On Jun 30, 2018
Will be right with you
Its been kind of busy with business undecided
Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 4:32pm On Jul 01, 2018
And on Ceramic tiles

This is the least quality of all the above listed categories
Muddy look at the back and any other colour at the surface
Suitable for a low trafficked floor areas but can always be used as wall tile
All Nigerian wall tiles are ceramics
Most Spanish wall tiles are ceramics while few others are porcelain
Made of clay and highly resistant to water
Come either matte surfaced or glossy
Not a bad choice for rooms

Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 8:03pm On Jul 01, 2018
Holla...
Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 1:26am On Jul 02, 2018
Still with yall
Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 3:36am On Jul 03, 2018
Hi
Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 7:13am On Jul 04, 2018
Morning all
Still here with you
Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 7:43pm On Jul 04, 2018
Holla
Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 8:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
On Spanish tiles

This is one of the best tiles if not the best in the Nigerian market. This is due to the advancement in the technology used for its production. What makes a tile better than another in most cases is how resistant its surface is to foot pressure in the cause of time. In the case of Spanish porcelain tiles for floor,its surface coating is made to be strong enough to last for as long as 10-15 yrs depending on the traffic around the area. On Spanish wall tiles what really make it different is its superiority in weight and also looks before and after installations. Unlike Nigerian tiles that will always look poor after installations mostly due to its inconsistency in colour after production which usually reflect so obviously after installations,Spanish wall tiles will appear clean and consistent after installations most especially if it's a job well done. Spanish tiles are though costly but "na money kill better thing" grin

cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 9:06pm On Jul 04, 2018
More

Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 12:06am On Jul 05, 2018
An example of partly vitrified tiles

Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 2:53am On Jul 05, 2018
Bonjour!
Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 1:13pm On Jul 06, 2018
Still here with all y'all. cool
Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 4:03am On Jul 07, 2018
Holla..
Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 1:18pm On Jul 08, 2018
Still here
Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 8:53pm On Jul 08, 2018
Tiles
Wc
Sanitaries
@epic_ceramicĀ®

1 Like

Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 3:48am On Jul 14, 2018
Spanish tiles

It has been under contention which is more qualitative between Spanish tiles and Italian tiles. While I believe Italian tiles are better Spanish tiles however are very qualitative considering the fact that EU technologies are very advanced compared to that of Africa and third worlds in general. Spanish and Italian tiles are the major EU tiles found in the Nigerian markets,though there are few others like Norway but not significantly enough .

Spanish tiles are of more popular demand in the Nigerian market as they are more assorted in designs, colours ,shapes,sizes and qualities than any other country including Nigeria. They come in:
60x60 both porcelain and vetrified
20x60 ceramic and porcelain
30x90 ceramic and porcelain
30x60 porcelain n ceramic
60x120 porcelain
75x150 porcelain
33x33 ceramic and porcelain
23x120 ceramic and porcelain
23x150 porcelain
45x45 porcelain and ceramic
Etc
No other country is this assorted on tiles in the Nigerian tile market.

1 Share

Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 3:52am On Jul 14, 2018
Spanish tiles always look superior on both walls(Interior n exterior) and floor

Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 8:31pm On Jul 14, 2018
Italian tiles is next cool
Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 12:17am On Jul 17, 2018
Holla..
Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 11:36pm On Jul 18, 2018
cool
Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 9:03am On Jul 19, 2018
Goodmorning
Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 7:04pm On Jul 19, 2018
The contact is o81-57ooo9o8 (WhatsApp enabled) or epicceramics01@gmail.com
Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 1:43am On Jul 20, 2018
Hi all
Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 7:12am On Jul 20, 2018
Morning all
Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 4:10pm On Jul 20, 2018
undecided
Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 7:03pm On Jul 20, 2018
cool

Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 7:18am On Jul 21, 2018
Hi

Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 9:08pm On Jul 22, 2018
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 5:58am On Jul 23, 2018
Morning folks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Panic In Abia Community As Erosion Site Swallows 2-storey Building (Pix, Video) / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria / Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.