Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,766 members, 7,844,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Nigeria Coach Gernot Rohr Admits Mistakes - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Coach Gernot Rohr Admits Mistakes (548 Views)

What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? / Coach Gernot Rohr Robbed In Asaba / Why I Will Not Marry Nigerian Woman – Super Eagles’ Coach, Gernot Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Coach Gernot Rohr Admits Mistakes by Nkemakonam62: 3:01am On Jun 29, 2018
Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr admitted his decision to make late substitutions in the 2-1 defeat by Argentina in Saint Petersburg on Tuesday contributed to the Super Eagles’ early exit from the Russia 2018 World Cup.

Rohr took off Ahmed Musa, KelechiIheanachoand Kenneth Omeruo and brought in OdionIghalo, Alex Iwobi and Simeon Nwankwo.

The former Gabon manager, who is been criticised for the decisions, expressed his disappointment over Nigeria’s elimination from the World Cup despite giving the South American giants a good fight at the packed Saint Petersburg Stadium.

“We are very disappointed,” the 64-year-old German coach told reporters at a post-match press conference.

“My team gave their best. They played a very good second half and missed qualifying by just a few minutes.

“Argentina have great players and they were pushing, pushing, pushing. This is championship level and we are not ready for that now. It was also down to a little bit of luck and we didn’t have it.

“I am proud of my team. We lacked experience. Such games build character and in a few years you will see a very strong team.”

He added, “I wanted to bring out Ahmed Musa but he said he wanted to stay and was fit to finish the match. We were waiting to make two other changes. Everybody was playing well and nobody had to go out.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/06/nigeria-coach-gernot-rohr-admits.html

Re: Nigeria Coach Gernot Rohr Admits Mistakes by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:19am On Jun 29, 2018
Don't let us cry over spilt milk.
Let's move on already and prepare/plan for the future.
Our boys tried!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Coach Gernot Rohr Admits Mistakes by skipo1010(m): 3:27am On Jun 29, 2018
your team work hard, but what affected them is corruption that erupt it self in our country
Re: Nigeria Coach Gernot Rohr Admits Mistakes by Bohvren(m): 6:04am On Jun 29, 2018
Our players lacked experience, this team is good, many many good.

They just need to build on their confidence, I believe we will do better next tournament.

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive: I Want The Best Players For Nigeria – Scout Who Discovered Leon Balog / Breaking News! Amaju Pinnick Becomes CAF 1st Vice-president / Famous Footballers Who Represented 2 Different Countries At Senior Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.