Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA (41297 Views)

Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts / Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped / Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by Ategberoson(m): 2:20pm On Jun 29, 2018
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, the nonsense we Christians do on that road is enough to attract the anger of natural disasters. Christians have claimed Ibadan expressway as their entitlement hereby causing traffic jams with irresponsible church programs that would have been banned in Saudi Arabia or other sane countries. If that tanker driver had not encountered traffic jam due to Christian churches on that road, he would have swerved into the bush and this wasted lives will be saved. Federal government should please ban churches on Lagos Ibadan expressway angry

Islamic fanatics even though u made some sense but still you're a religion chauvinist
Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by johnmattew: 2:21pm On Jun 29, 2018
Mutemenot:
I disagree with the figure, such a disastrous accident must have taken more lives than said. Our government trying to hide the truth as usual. May the souls of the departed rest in peace. Amen
use Ur head...where u expecting people to stay inside their cars while see other cars burning?....didn't u see dat most burnt cars had their doors opened?
Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by codemaniacs: 2:23pm On Jun 29, 2018
xx

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by meekah: 2:24pm On Jun 29, 2018
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, the nonsense we Christians do on that road is enough to attract the anger of natural disasters. Christians have claimed Ibadan expressway as their entitlement hereby causing traffic jams with irresponsible church programs that would have been banned in Saudi Arabia or other sane countries. If that tanker driver had not encountered traffic jam due to Christian churches on that road, he would have swerved into the bush and this wasted lives will be saved. Federal government should please ban churches on Lagos Ibadan expressway angry
u are not a christian not to talk of been a born again christian do not pretend to be what u are not,your bias and jaundiced view sold you out
Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by PROPHETmichael: 2:25pm On Jun 29, 2018
GoTV:

Is this one also cause by church programs? If you don't take your time, time will take you.

Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by Troublemaker007(m): 2:25pm On Jun 29, 2018
Why do this government lie a lot. 54 cars burned and only 9 lives lost? Not that I am happy people died but lying about it makes it more horrible. I tire for this country abeg. I need to leave, I really need to leave.
Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by PROPHETmichael: 2:26pm On Jun 29, 2018
meekah:
u are not a christian not to talk of been a born again christian do not pretend to be what u are not,your bias and jaundiced view sold you out

Don't mind that confused fellow.
Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by halmeyd(m): 2:26pm On Jun 29, 2018
Vision2045:

Fool parading himself a Christian....stop being deceptive.

You are example of Insane human being we need to burn out of this nation

See one of his post attached below

Dude is a troll
Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by codemaniacs: 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2018
xx
Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by adedayoa2(f): 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2018
Which swave, something that fell immediately
GoTV:
Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by tiredoflife(m): 2:28pm On Jun 29, 2018
GoTV:

U well so
The bridge is near berger
Far away from any church
Take ur drugs next time

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by Troublemaker007(m): 2:28pm On Jun 29, 2018
Pesuzok:
I dont understand these comments, are you guys wishing for more deaths.

It is possible that only 9 people lost their lives because there might be 1 mins for those in other vehicles to escape

No one is craving for to die but Govt don’t need to lie to Nigerians. If truly it’s only 9 lives then It’s not bad but still painful bro. Nigerians no longer trust this government.
Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by wellmax(m): 2:29pm On Jun 29, 2018
codemaniacs:

Mutemenot is right... If you've ever travelled on that road you will know that vehicles are usually close to each other.

if 54 vehicles burnt then it means the force of the explosion before the main explosion was strong...

Note there is petrol in all the other cars... the force will also throw pedestrians and drivers off balance..

an explosion is not something anyone can escape easily especially if they are in a petroleum vehicle.

Oga these are two different things, my office is 5 mins away from the accident scene. Tanker turned over spilled petrol before the explosions. Many escaped and several were wounded and burnt. But do you count imaginary dead (or wishing for) or actual body seen on sight. What will the government gain by stating smaller figures? Beside there were many eye witnesses

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by wellmax(m): 2:29pm On Jun 29, 2018
codemaniacs:

Mutemenot is right... If you've ever travelled on that road you will know that vehicles are usually close to each other.

if 54 vehicles burnt then it means the force of the explosion before the main explosion was strong...

Note there is petrol in all the other cars... the force will also throw pedestrians and drivers off balance..

an explosion is not something anyone can escape easily especially if they are in a petroleum vehicle.

Or just say you wished 1000 died.
Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by MikkieEl: 2:30pm On Jun 29, 2018
Seunbukola187:
Must you talk? Was there any church related activity yesterday? And pls mr born again Christian as u claim you know the route well, how close is any church to the scene of the accident(otedola bridge)? Dont always rush here to type anythg. Be good.

I doubt if our Mr "born against" Christian has been to Lagos. The ignorance depicted in his comment is a proof.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by codemaniacs: 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2018
xx
Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2018
Frankenstein:
33 litres of petrol caused that inferno?

Obviously meant 33000 litres of PMS. That's the standard carrying capacity.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by KingKingKing: 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2018
codemaniacs:

that's one of the reasons I quoted 3 of u together.... I have already reported it... when more than one person reports another it might work faster.... that's how I got nwammmipke banned..

God bless you brother!
Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by jawalis(m): 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2018
even at this point, pur agencies, tv channels still indulge in hypocacy. what a pity! I was at the otedola close yesterday some hours after the incident, a primary school bus was burnt down, a commercial bus (danfo) burnt, different tricycle (keep) was burnt with passengers, individual cars amidst other. may God have mercy.
Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by wellmax(m): 2:44pm On Jun 29, 2018
codemaniacs:

If it spilled first you may be right...

but if it spilled cars would have hit their brakes which would have caused accidents there would have a scramble which would there would have been dead bodies on the road as people running would have gotten burnt...

it depends on how long it spilled before it exploded..

Okay, 1000 died are you happy now.

The scene where it happened is a slope, that was why there was fire flowing down towards Otedola bridge and not towards Berger. The fire moved with the fuel. it wasn't an immediate inferno.People had time to run. Several drivers where trying to save their cars,
Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by CaptainFM1: 2:44pm On Jun 29, 2018
Mutemenot:
I disagree with the figure, such a disastrous accident must have taken more lives than said. Our government trying to hide the truth as usual. May the souls of the departed rest in peace. Amen

News had it that people left the cars and jump to the otherside of the road. Many were however burnt though.., they still ran to the otherside.
Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by AFONJAPIG(m): 2:45pm On Jun 29, 2018
Mutemenot:
may the souls of the departed follow buhari around Amin
Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by stevenakp(m): 2:50pm On Jun 29, 2018
This is a lie.
I know they won't report the correct figure, but 9 ??
and someone is claiming the bus was from a previous incident.

I don't wish for the number to be more.

But this will make it look like a minor tragedy and the cry to get those tankers off the road will be watered down.

Now I'm thinking, maybe the number of death recorded in plateau might be more compared to what was reported.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by Ibuske: 2:57pm On Jun 29, 2018
It's so sad to hear about the loss of lives and properties. When are we going to get to that advance stage.

I believe we should by now advance to the stage of neutralization of PMS before igniting rather than loosing our loved ones and citizens of Nigeria. We should be more defensive rather than finding a solution to it.

May the soul of the departed rest in peace.
Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by Peappy49(f): 2:59pm On Jun 29, 2018
I wonder y people blame the government for everything that happens in this country. Probably we have forgotten they are also Human. Some of us talk like it's because the president was not at the Bridge that was y the accident happened. As a citizen, are you doing what you are supposed to do to make the country better? When was the last time you prayed for Nigeria? We tend to forget that we constitute the Nation. Truly its painful that lots of bad things are happening in this country. But instead of us blaming anyone, y can't we as individuals and as a nation cry to God for Mercy. He said He will have Mercy on whom He will have Mercy on, and have compassion on whom He will have compassion. Then after the prayer, we should do what we are expected to do as a nation, (I.e Follow the rules and regulations). It is time for us to stand up to pray for our Jerusalem (NIGERIA). #GodblessNigeria

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by BishopofGod: 3:07pm On Jun 29, 2018
Mutemenot:

Is it your wish that the victms to be more than that or are you an eye witness? Does the Newspapers belong to govt?
Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by oshe11: 3:08pm On Jun 29, 2018
wellmax:

Just say you wished the dead were more, blood sucking idiots
You are a lil kID
Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by adebayoggt(m): 3:13pm On Jun 29, 2018
santricedupas:
but a fully loaded danfo bus got burnt with passengers and it's 14 passengers, driver and conductor. lasema stop lying for us

The figure is accurate a lot of people escape with minor injuries. I was there as a responder.kindly post the picture of that danfo that got burnt with passengers. A lot of blogger were sensationalizing the story. R.I.P
to the dead

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by wellmax(m): 3:14pm On Jun 29, 2018
oshe11:
You are a lil kID

Old kid, keep wishing 1000 had died
Re: Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA by oshe11: 3:15pm On Jun 29, 2018
wellmax:

Old kid, keep wishing 1000 had died
k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Faint At Ahmadu Chanchangi’s Burial In Kaduna / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? / Driver Caught Driving With No Steering Wheel While Sitting On A Bucket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.