Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,609 members, 7,820,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Nigeria: Moving From Unemployment To Non-employment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Moving From Unemployment To Non-employment (382 Views)

Buhari: It's Unfair To Use Exchange Rate, Unemployment To Assess My Performance / Nigeria Moving Towards Disintegration - Abdulsalami Abubakar Warns / 2019: APC Banking On Poverty And Unemployment To Win A Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: Moving From Unemployment To Non-employment by lilliesboy(m): 7:25pm On Jun 29, 2018
An evolving feature of Nigeria's economy is the gradual shift from UNemployment to "NON-employment." In other words, UNemployment is fading away and we are entering a phase of NON-employment especially in the State civil service and other governmental and private (transnational) work organizations.

So, are YOU UNemployed or NON-employed? I know a lot of you will say you are "SELF-employed," but you and I know so well that the self-employed cliche' or tag especially on the social media profiles of many graduates in Nigeria is another EUPHEMISM for being unemployed or even non-employed. Almost every Nigerian youth on Nairaland, Facebook e.t.c, is "SELF-employed" just like almost every young/UNmarried woman is STILL "In a relationship/Engaged" for several YEARS. Hmm. Was it like this about ten to 15 years ago? Make una kontinue to deceive una selves.

For me, am "proudly" unemployed but hope to have already been a NATURALIZED Zimbabwean by the time this country finally becomes largely NON-employable in the future as it seem to appear.

(1) (Reply)

ARISE NIGERIANS #ENDCOWMEATANDCOWPRODUCT# / Nigerians Condemn Saraki’s Ally And Reps Member Razak Atunwa For Addressing Pres / Exclusive: Fayose In Secret Meeting With APC Leaders, Begs To Be Sena

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.