Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! (4711 Views)

Samsung J5 Pro Or Samsung J6 / Price Of Samsung J5 Screen / Are You Being Frustrated By Opera Mini? Try This Browser! More Better! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by Norman4real(m): 2:31pm On Jun 30, 2018
Ire2:
Bought a new Samsung j5(2016) last month @ 105k naira hoping to get stunning performance instead I am. Being frustrated by lag all the time. Slow and always lagging I want to smash the phone right now in wall angry angry angry
first of all you were over charged, that phone should have been about 70k. And i think u just saw "samsung" and "snapdragon" and immediately expected a stellar performance which isn't the case. All you can do now is manage it in it's current condition, run as few apps as possible, and free up as much space as possible.
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by fibonacci2526: 2:47pm On Jun 30, 2018
Hahahaha, Nigerians should learn to read and understand the specs of a device before crying foul. Any device with sd4***(exception is the sd450) should be used for calling and messaging and maybe light browsing. I like how people buy these devices and still complain of lag, your failure to read or ask about the phone in relation to the price quoted is your responsibility.
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by Myphonearena: 7:24pm On Jun 30, 2018
thowbie7ven:
OP issa liar....How will you buy a 2016 Samsung phone with 2GB ram, 3100mah at 105k?...abegi
I thought as much
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2018
thowbie7ven:
don't mind him...the guy dey lie

Not necessarily a liar. It's possible he was cheated. He saw Samsung and didn't know about the specs. So it's possible the seller took advantage of him.

1 Like

Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by kvngjesse(m): 8:16pm On Jun 30, 2018
MizMyColi:

Nokia 6 smiley

You'll love it.
Trust mesmiley

Me, I don't love it, but I'm sure you will smiley
You of all nairalanders if you don't like it, who will tongue
I found love with XIAOMI bebe kiss

2 Likes

Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by MizMyColi(f): 1:15am On Jul 01, 2018
kvngjesse:

You of all nairalanders if you don't like it, who will tongue
I found love with XIAOMI bebe kiss

Oya, enjoy o
Lol

1 Like

Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by kvngjesse(m): 2:26am On Jul 01, 2018
MizMyColi:

Oya, enjoy o
Lol
Lol
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by Olanipereku(f): 4:54am On Jul 01, 2018
MizMyColi:

Co-signed.
Me I bought Nokia 6, around same price as OP too, after conversion to to Naija currency.

No file manager, No music app, no voice recorder.
Phone now lags, and annoyingly sometimes too.

I suspected it was running on Stock Android, but seriously?

How can someone buy a phone worth such amount and you will still be telling them to mange RAM, optimise this, optimize that?

I wish there was a way to ship that Tecno Camon X pro you mentioned.

Apart from the hardware of this Nokia 6 that gives it very premium look and feel, everything else is not my type.

The phone is even Snapdragon 430 and I was busy telling myself while buying it that as long as it's Nokia and Snapdragon mixed together, there must be something different.

Meanwhile, Xiaomi note 4 runs on snapdragon 600 series, is almost half the amount and far more interesting than this thing I'm holding right now.

I blame those Chinese people for going on 2 weeks holiday when I really needed a phone.
you know nothing Ada Snow cheesy
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by Gptech(m): 6:21am On Jul 01, 2018
MizMyColi:

I blame those Chinese people for going on 2 weeks holiday when I really needed a phone.
Hahahaha, madam still dey vex, e don almost reach a year oooo, just forgive grin
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by nani667: 6:43am On Jul 01, 2018
Just root the device and Debloat... Dazall
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by donshady(m): 7:39am On Jul 01, 2018
Come and see speed on Samsung S8.
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by fibonacci2526: 10:59am On Jul 01, 2018
donshady:
Come and see speed on Samsung S8.

It's an sd835 device, understandably so.
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by MizMyColi(f): 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2018
Gptech:

Hahahaha, madam still dey vex, e don almost reach a year oooo, just forgive grin

Lol, it's barely 5 months.

I have forgiven smiley
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by twosquare(m): 1:33pm On Jul 01, 2018
What do you think of the Samsung Galaxy C9 pro? I need your advice.
greenhulk:

Bro so u actually paid 105k for a 720p 2gb ram phone released in 2016. On top of that it runs on Snapdragon 410. Na real bad market bro, u just bought the Samsung name. I will never ever advice anyone to pay that much for that crap phone. You are better off buying a Tecno Camon X pro or Infinix Zero 5 or Hot S3.. or if u wanna explore more get a Xioami redmi note 5. Galaxy J5 2016 runs on the old Samsuing Touchwiz which is too heavy and will always lag within a few months.. it lags even on the S6 and S7 (before Nougat) and those phones have 4gb of Ram and Snapdragon 800 series. So u can imagine how it would be on a 2gb of ram and snaodragon 410. Samsung fixed their lag issues with Samsung experience found on the Galaxy s8 upwards.

My advice, factory reset the phone (back up ur data if possible). Then start afresh, watch the apps u download. This phone is not for heavy users
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by twosquare(m): 2:02pm On Jul 01, 2018
I don change my mind already grin. Looks like I will stick with the Infinix brand and go with their high-end phones.
greenhulk:

Bro so u actually paid 105k for a 720p 2gb ram phone released in 2016. On top of that it runs on Snapdragon 410. Na real bad market bro, u just bought the Samsung name. I will never ever advice anyone to pay that much for that crap phone. You are better off buying a Tecno Camon X pro or Infinix Zero 5 or Hot S3.. or if u wanna explore more get a Xioami redmi note 5. Galaxy J5 2016 runs on the old Samsuing Touchwiz which is too heavy and will always lag within a few months.. it lags even on the S6 and S7 (before Nougat) and those phones have 4gb of Ram and Snapdragon 800 series. So u can imagine how it would be on a 2gb of ram and snaodragon 410. Samsung fixed their lag issues with Samsung experience found on the Galaxy s8 upwards.

My advice, factory reset the phone (back up ur data if possible). Then start afresh, watch the apps u download. This phone is not for heavy users
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 01, 2018
twosquare:
What do you think of the Samsung Galaxy C9 pro? I need your advice.

It's a good phone. Expensive though, I think it's between 130-140k. For that price range I would consider Nokia 7 plus. Snapdragon 660, 4gb of ram, 64gb room, Android 8.1 (Android one so u are sure of Android p) and a more modern design.

3 Likes

Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by twosquare(m): 6:08pm On Jul 01, 2018
Thanks for your comment. Just that I need something with 6Gb Ram. That's why I mentioned it, and the battery is 4000mah, almost same with Infinix Zero 5
greenhulk:

It's a good phone. Expensive though, I think it's between 130-140k. For that price range I would consider Nokia 7 plus. Snapdragon 660, 4gb of ram, 64gb room, Android 8.1 (Android one so u are sure of Android p) and a more modern design.
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by cjfbn: 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2018
greenhulk:

That is the mistake a lot of people make. They will keep screaming snapdragon snapdragon. Imagine snapdragon 410, 2gb of am, 720p display for 105k.. wtf. I am not an MTK fan but an MTK P23 device with 4gb of ram and 1080p display is far better than this and will cost way less. If its not snapdragon 625 upwards then forget it, go for the higher end MTK's.
Kindly advise me on this phone Cat s31
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by chicwoman(f): 8:07pm On Jul 01, 2018
Eyah

With the money you used to buy this phone, you would have bought two solid tecno phones #JustSaying
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 01, 2018
twosquare:
Thanks for your comment. Just that I need something with 6Gb Ram. That's why I mentioned it, and the battery is 4000mah, almost same with Infinix Zero 5

To be frank 4gb is enough for moderate to heavy multitasking. Unless u are just looking to take the multitasking to the very limit like running many games at the same time. If u are not much of a very heavy user I don't see the need for 6gb of ram. Plus that snapdragon 660 is the best of the snapdragon 600 series. But just follow ur heart. Oh 3,800mah of battery is not far from 4,000mah especially since it's snapdragon 660.

1 Like

Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by twosquare(m): 10:47pm On Jul 01, 2018
All right. Thanks.
greenhulk:

To be frank 4gb is enough for moderate to heavy multitasking. Unless u are just looking to take the multitasking to the very limit like running many games at the same time. If u are not much of a very heavy user I don't see the need for 6gb of ram. Plus that snapdragon 660 is the best of the snapdragon 600 series. But just follow ur heart. Oh 3,800mah of battery is not far from 4,000mah especially since it's snapdragon 660.
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 01, 2018
cjfbn:

Kindly advise me on this phone Cat s31

Most rugged phone money can buy. Expensive and not worth it. If u don't work in construction or a place where dropping ur phone is inevitable or ur daily routine doesn't involve working under water or in the rain, then I don't see the need for this. 2gb of ram, snapdragon 210, 2gb of ram, 8mp camera, 2mp front camera, 720p display and it's going to run u over 100k. Unless u really have a need for it, it's say no no
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by kvngjesse(m): 11:14pm On Jul 01, 2018
greenhulk:

Same price for Nokia 8 on slot with Snapdragon 835
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by twosquare(m): 11:23pm On Jul 01, 2018
People still love Nokia 7 plus to 8, and since it is new. Kind of like an improvement. Nokia X6 on its way. wink kiss
kvngjesse:

Same price for Nokia 8 on slot with Snapdragon 835
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by Nobody: 4:08am On Jul 02, 2018
greenhulk:

S6 will do better but don't expect too much. U might experience some hiccups once in a while, its a Samsung thing. And mind u that phone has poor battery life and it doesn't support sd card

Hey bro I got LG g5 instead
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by kvngjesse(m): 4:27am On Jul 02, 2018
twosquare:
People still love Nokia 7 plus to 8, and since it is new. Kind of like an improvement. Nokia X6 on its way. wink kiss
No like bruh Snapdragon 835 and 636 are on way different levels but the 636 is damn good.
Thing is 7plus and 8 price difference ain't much but people still choose the 7plus
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by kvngjesse(m): 4:28am On Jul 02, 2018
Ire2:

Hey bro I got LG g5 instead
And how's it so far bro
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by Nobody: 4:36am On Jul 02, 2018
kvngjesse:

And how's it so far bro

Mehnnn the phone is awesome. No lag. Working perfectly. Very neat fairly used. 65k. No regrets yet I just hope it won't start lagging after like 1 month o. The 4GB ram is what I love so much about the phone

1 Like

Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by kvngjesse(m): 4:37am On Jul 02, 2018
Ire2:

Mehnnn the phone is awesome. No lag. Working perfectly. Very neat fairly used. 65k. No regrets yet I just hope it won't start lagging after like 1 month o. The 4GB ram is what I love so much about the phone
Lol. Depends on what you'd want to use the phone for though coz SD 820 is cool
Are you a mobile gamer
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by Nobody: 4:41am On Jul 02, 2018
kvngjesse:

Lol. Depends on what you'd want to use the phone for though coz SD 820 is cool
Are you a mobile gamer

I only play shadow Fight 3, gangster new Orleans, promtheus god fire, gta sa and darkness rises grin

I don't know if there are other more interesting games but for me this are the best
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by kvngjesse(m): 4:46am On Jul 02, 2018
Ire2:

I only play shadow Fight 3, gangster new Orleans, promtheus god fire, gta sa and darkness rises grin

I don't know if there are other more interesting games but for me this are the best
There are sure
pubg
modern combat versus
What's the size of darkness rises please?
Re: Gosh! I Am Frustrated By My Samsung J5 (2016) Lagging!! by Nobody: 4:54am On Jul 02, 2018
kvngjesse:

There are sure
pubg
modern combat versus
What's the size of darkness rises please?

I downloaded apk 84 mb then you download patch film of 178mb you start gameplay after you play the game prologue Misson plus toturial the first 3 chapters the real game starts which you will be prompted to download an additional file of 650 mb..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Rise In Dollar Value Is Making Me Consider Going Back To Being A Runs Babe / Innjoo Leap 4 Windows Tablet Discussions Thread / Iphone 6s Roasts Galaxy Note 7 In Speed Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.