Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

How Much Is Twitter Costing You? - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Much Is Twitter Costing You? (2808 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is Twitter Costing You? by Albato(m): 11:09am On Jun 09, 2010
Twitter means different things to different people. Twitter itself may not be as entertaining as NL but a lot of applications built around it are. What can one do with twitter?

You can make money from it:
1. For example, <a target="_blank" href="http://spn.tw/roIh">sponsored tweets</a> allows advertisers pay you for tweeting their product promotions. If you have thousands of followers, its a nice way to make small change.

2. Amazopn Associates recently incorporated twitter for promoting affiliate links. As a marketter, you just need to post tweets containing products to promote and of course you affiliate link to your followers.

3. What about writing about twitter or developing mashups from twitter api? You name them tweetdeck, twitphoto etc. These guys are reaping massive income from the twitter revolution.

You can keep up with latest news
1. Twitter is a great tool to drive traffic to your site. Wordpress and other blogging platforms have plugins that automatically publish your posts to twitter. If you have plenty of followers, they in turn re-tweet the titles.

2. What about building relationships? I follow most of the big blogs and personal idols/individuals on twitter. You actually get these people responding to your questions. You may get lucky to strike up a personal relationship with them.

3. Use twitter to announce product launches etc

You can keep up with latest news
1. The best example that came to my mind here was during the Mumbai terrorist attack. The world kept intouch with the victims via twitter. Mention any other major emergency. Twitter played a big role in keeping us up to date with live info.

2. Every major boradcaster, or newspaper has a twitter account. You dont have to follow everyone of them.

3.For ajournalist, its a fast and efficient way of keeping up with news can contribute a lot to a business is not only for sending around
Re: How Much Is Twitter Costing You? by benabbey(m): 12:18pm On Jun 09, 2010
It cost me my time. Blackberry don't charge additional cost after monthly subscription.
Re: How Much Is Twitter Costing You? by shilling(f): 6:00am On Jun 10, 2010
Doesnt cost me anything. I have a cellphone plan and internet browsing from my phone is covered.
Re: How Much Is Twitter Costing You? by eros(m): 11:32am On Jun 10, 2010
hubreality:

No extra cost tweeting, I got Zain Lite 1K a whole month subscription for my mobile using Opera Mini.

Twitter is fun and great for me.

I use twitpic, twefeeds, twellow their yellow pages.

Good traffic generation for me as well.

@ Hubreality, please how did you set up your Zain Lite subscription? I have being trying to do that like forever.

@ Topic, i don't tweet, sorry i can't be helpful in your research.
Re: How Much Is Twitter Costing You? by nellaluv(f): 3:14pm On Jun 11, 2010
#StillDontGetIt

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mtn 24 Hours Plan (500 Naira) = 4gb / special promo.dell laptop with brand new HP 3-in 1 Printer. N29,500 Only / Laptop Hardware Repairs & Maintenance Training In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.