Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:14 AM

How To Detect Fraudulent Nairalanders Before They Struck - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Detect Fraudulent Nairalanders Before They Struck (525 Views)

How To Detect A Liar (pic Included) / How To Detect A Fake One Thousand Naira Note / Cyber-love Scam : "Love Struck" Woman Loses Rm5mln To Online Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Detect Fraudulent Nairalanders Before They Struck by oluwabamis(m): 7:04am On Jun 08, 2010
There must surely be a means of detecting fraudulent posters b4 we ever fall prey to them. some of the tell tale signs that i have noticed are

1. most of them are new poster who just want to make a quick kill, their post is not more than 10-20 (except in extreme cases)
2.They tend to have solution to almost everything
3.They dont always reply to emails except the first one they wrote to introduce their product(s).
4. They usually dont give you their address, rather they tell you to pay money into their accounts
5. Also they come with very irrestible products.

I believe the list is inexhaustive, lets keep the comments flowing.
Re: How To Detect Fraudulent Nairalanders Before They Struck by dominique(f): 6:06pm On Jun 08, 2010
nice points there.
beats me why many nairalanders fall prey to these pranksters on a daily basis.
one thing they need to know is this; if something is too good to be true, it usually is.
Re: How To Detect Fraudulent Nairalanders Before They Struck by oluwabamis(m): 6:33pm On Jun 08, 2010
there is no reason on earth why i should send money to someone i met online, even if its 1kobo, people should use their number six and not be carried away by how nice the stuff on offer is. if a seller is real, there is no reason why he cant arrange to deliver to an office or somewhere and you go there with your cash to pick it up. i have had 2 experiences on this forum, and being a lagos boy that i am its impossible for me to fall for them. we can reduce the fraud rate if we all report these scammers and expose their methods of operation. more later

(1) (Reply)

Would A Successful Lagos State Governor Be A Successful Nigerian President? / Rating Naija Fastfood / Abuja Properties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.