Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,975 members, 7,952,921 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:26 AM

CLOSED - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / CLOSED (3355 Views)

For New Members Of Our Whatsapp Group For Writers +2347033443215 / Summary Of The Art Of War By Sun Tzu / STORY: S*x In The Art Studio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CLOSED by GRACEGLORY: 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2019
Re: CLOSED by GRACEGLORY: 6:16am On Jul 09, 2019

Cordinates reads, Someplace in "West Africa," Drone confirms-
Not a life-friendly zone, "Shithole," West makes the reference.
They say her streets ain't smiling, that
She faces abject poverty, so,they wear frown faces and party at the subject... forgetting she's still trying to grow. She, seem a killer beans environment, Nigerians, seem like angry beans, While The world buzz over her Like some bees. See, when "bees meets beans," and it's chemistry-catastrophical as-
The hypocritical West tears her apart. Spits... That says, she's LovePeddler, this says, she's thief, they say, she' corrupt. So, I say nay! Give her help, give her love, she's your Sister, But, she's black, they protest, and I say, I see not what color gotta do with it. She's Ape they concluded...
But, Charles Darlwine, said, we all came From Ape, Even though, not true... And last time I checked, Darlwine, was your brother. Ain't we all "hominids" by his false findings. Need I say more. But They argue she's broken, yes, to that, say me yeaa!... Every broken could be fixed.
She's broken, but she could be fixed. Give Nigeria, a chance to grow.

Re: CLOSED by GRACEGLORY: 8:54pm On Jul 09, 2019
Open
Re: CLOSED by GRACEGLORY: 10:40pm On Jul 10, 2019
Still open
Re: CLOSED by GRACEGLORY: 10:42am On Jul 11, 2019
If as a fiction or story writer, you can't create an unforgettable character, then, there's a problem:
No unforgettable characters, no addictive books, no addictive books, no Audience, no Audience, no money, no money, you go to the zoo, and feed on straws.

-Cyrus O. Jesunifemi
Re: CLOSED by GRACEGLORY: 11:08pm On Jul 11, 2019
Open
Re: CLOSED by GRACEGLORY: 6:43pm On Jul 13, 2019
Still open
Re: CLOSED by GRACEGLORY: 8:19am On Jul 14, 2019
PENCIL (Prose Poetry).

Well... I’m used to the snap!!! That sound, it’s never always good, it’s either broken, and got pains, or it’s dead, and got loss.
I was once stabbed with a pencil in highschool, it was so deep that it snapped! The memory sticks, so that I remember the face, and I wish I snapped his neck, that son of the devil.
I had just one HD pencil in the “JAMB” hall, lost the led, and couldn’t sharpen, “rule says, no communication in hall... so, I sat me still through it all like I was never in the hall, and in the end, my failure was “HD.” I was snapped, after “AD.”
Looking at the youths nowadays, them eyes like a pencil line, and all blue tongue, you'd think they're all chemists, abuse of drugs knows no boundary, we live in era, society where them ladies are like pencils, many get broken in between, many  sharpened again, and again, and again, until they're finally sharpened and blunt out, they snap! In the end, they all snap!!!
Appreciate the life that you have cos you didn't earn it, and the distance between having and losing it, is like a pencil line, death and life has just a pencil line in between, don't be deceived, life's as thin as a pencil line. 
It’s all comparable to a pencil, cos in the end, they all snap!!! It’s like a pencil, it’s a pencil, and it’s so sad...

©Cyrus O. Jesunifemi
Re: CLOSED by GRACEGLORY: 6:58pm On Jul 14, 2019
Where's your creative side?
Re: CLOSED by GRACEGLORY: 7:04am On Jul 20, 2019
Still open
Re: CLOSED by GRACEGLORY: 8:34pm On Jul 20, 2019
GRACEGLORY:
If as a fiction or story writer, you can't create an unforgettable character, then, there's a problem:
No unforgettable characters, no addictive books, no addictive books, no Audience, no Audience, no money, no money, you go to the zoo, and feed on straws.

-Cyrus O. Jesunifemi
Re: CLOSED by GRACEGLORY: 8:40am On Jul 23, 2019
INDIVIDUAL REVELATION OF DICTION: Because, until you see it, you don't understand it, and if you don't understand it, you don't have it
Re: CLOSED by GRACEGLORY: 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2019
POETRY ISN'T DEAD

Shakespeare once said,
"Thou know'st 'tis common; all that lives must die...
So do our minutes hasten to their end..."

Unbeing dead isn't being alive,
Said the man, Cummings.
So, they say poetry' kicked
The bucket,
That,
Eventually, it died.
Little did they know
That until an ear of corn dies,
Alone it abides,
But, ti's such death that yields poets... Such is the mystery
Of the life that passes on.

"Poetry isn't dead,
Poetry is passed on..."
It's "being,"
Rather than "unbeing,"
And me being "the being,"
I took the baton.
"Poetry isn't dead,
Poetry is passed on."

Cyrus O. Jesunifemi
Re: CLOSED by GRACEGLORY: 12:23am On Jul 25, 2019
Open
Re: CLOSED by GRACEGLORY: 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2019
Re: CLOSED by GRACEGLORY: 10:21am On Jul 26, 2019
. Open
Re: CLOSED by GRACEGLORY: 12:05am On Aug 04, 2019

TEARS

Sipping on my gin
And the juice,
Song sings
In my head:
"Cry me a river,”
On and on it goes…
Tears like a river,
As I remember father…
Oh! Hard becoming a man,
When no man makes you one,
When no man makes you a man.
Nor show you one.
Broken…
Tears…
like a river,
As i remember father.

© Cyrus Jesunifemi.

1 Like

Re: CLOSED by GRACEGLORY: 10:54pm On Aug 05, 2019
LAMENTATION OF BETRAYAL

Clears throat...
Game recognize game, that’s what they say... It’s been twenty deceitful years coming, yea, two decades of friendship decay.
All seems like yesterday, funny how time take on wings of the day. I recall our flings, with the tits things... We formed habits, shared habits, and killed them rabbits, shared spoons, shoes, clothes, drosses, even praises. Felt like you was my own blood, but din’t see you coming in clot, din’t see you coming, till you took the ghost form.
Blinded by the love for my “G,” so, a man had to bite his tongue, so no disgust. I swallowed hard, bit so hard, was like a mouthful of caustic soda, but I must love my “G,” I swallowed hard.
Taught you how to smoke the skunk, it was conk, the pot, and all, even the gin, and the juice. Then, you’d drag and puff with teary eyes, eyes teary so that they were red like you’ve been gassed, each puff accompanied with coughs, and we were going to build sky scrapers, and drive Maybach up ‘em elevators, and park Royce on helipads. Laughed at the concept...
Your bullet found my back, but still I rise, you was just some sugar friend, ate by the ants.
I saw your true form in the light of my mistakes... dust you came from, and to dust you shall rest someday... And I lament no more.

©️ Cyrus Jesunifemi
Re: CLOSED by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 06, 2019
Add me to writers' Whatsapp group..: 08138315352

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ighoosagie Words Of Wisdom. / @d9ty7stories Fanclub / Rats!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.