Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,842 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:13 PM

Plateau Massacre: How I Saved Over 262 Christians From Being Killed By Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Massacre: How I Saved Over 262 Christians From Being Killed By Herdsmen (519 Views)

837 Inmates Escape From Oyo Prison, 262 Recaptured / Abubakar Abdullahi: Facts About Imam Who Saved 262 Christians During Attack / America Honours Imam Abubakar Abdullahi Who Saved Over 200 Christians In Plateau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plateau Massacre: How I Saved Over 262 Christians From Being Killed By Herdsmen by 11Ebiscoo: 10:31am On Jun 30, 2018
A kind-hearted and brave Muslim cleric has told the BBC how he saved about 262 Christians from being killed in the last attack in villages in Plateau State by suspected Fulani herdsmen.

The Imam, who was not named during the interview for security reason, spoke to BBC’s Dooshima Abu yesterday when he recalled in graphic details how he saved the persons fleeing from herdsmen, who had invaded Nghar Yelwa village in the Barkin Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau State.

He said “upon seeing victims fleeing from suspected herdsmen who attacked Nghar Yelwa village, I opened the door of the mosque and hid them.”

He said that the 262 persons were running for safety from a neighbouring village in the Barkin Ladi local government area, which was being attacked by gunmen.

After the attack that happened last weekend, villagers insisted that over 200 persons where slaughtered although police report claimed only 86 persons died.

The Islamic cleric told Dooshima Abu, “I hid the women in my personal house and after that, I took the men into the Mosque and hid them there.”

He said when the attackers caught up with him, and forcefully demanded that he release to them those who were Christians in the mosque, “I lied to the gang that everyone in the mosque were Muslims.”

According to him, upon hearing this, the attackers left and went on with their killing spree elsewhere.

According to the report, the Mosque is now the home and refuge for those hidden by the Imam.

Other Berom natives, including some Muslims residing in Barkin Ladi who escaped the attack, ran to Nghar Yelwa for safety, which is the nearest village.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/plateau-massacre-how-i-saved-over-262.html

Re: Plateau Massacre: How I Saved Over 262 Christians From Being Killed By Herdsmen by zilon12(m): 10:55am On Jun 30, 2018
co ck and bull

1 Like

Re: Plateau Massacre: How I Saved Over 262 Christians From Being Killed By Herdsmen by Terminator1234g: 11:09am On Jun 30, 2018
Good man.
Ipob wicked people will still have crap to say
Re: Plateau Massacre: How I Saved Over 262 Christians From Being Killed By Herdsmen by Mufasa27(m): 11:23am On Jun 30, 2018
Lol iman were you doing census for them while you were rescuing them cheesy
Re: Plateau Massacre: How I Saved Over 262 Christians From Being Killed By Herdsmen by lovetrust(m): 11:50am On Jun 30, 2018
Nigerian leaders have lost it.

Security of lives and properties is the sole responsibilities of the Government of Nigeria.

Unfortunately, most of our leaders are busy with their 2019 elections and re-elections.

Praying without actions isn't enough to stop these incessant killings happening all over the country.

Nigerian Government should do the needful.
Re: Plateau Massacre: How I Saved Over 262 Christians From Being Killed By Herdsmen by phase1: 2:30pm On Jun 30, 2018
C0ck and bull story to fool the undiscerning Christians.

(1) (Reply)

Senator Abaribe Blows Hot, Talks About His Arrest In New Video / We Will Uproot PDP In Nigeria Come 2019 / Is Gov. Ambode Worthy Of Lagos Come 2019?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.