Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords (45282 Views)

South-East Killings: We Are Hiding Our Faces In Shame, Says Umahi / Reno Omokri On Peter Obi's UK House Ownership / Killings: We Don’t Have Enough Soldiers To Guard Every M’belt Village, Says FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by salt1: 7:11pm On Jun 30, 2018
kaffy4tope:

Herdsmen think they are doing us, not knowing they are systematically telling Nigerians to VOTE out their Grandpatron.

We can’t wait to give him GEJ treat come 2019.

Keep dreaming. Do you imagine that your vote will count?
Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by olas24u(f): 7:13pm On Jun 30, 2018
Terminator1234g:
I hope ffk the slowpoke is happy now, for he has already hoodwinked the international community into thinking this is about ethnic cleansing and killing Christians.

Mental? Some Nigerian Christians are so unfair for saying Christians alone are being killed.

This is simply a plot by the evil opposition and IPOb to dismantle the country and say nonsense
The jobless aggressive idiotic lazy evil mad pigs of Biafra and PDP will not go unpunished.

They are far ahead of you and he does ,not need to do that,you better belive does words in an opposite and not has real concern

1 Like

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 30, 2018
Balyz:
So in your mind the life of a Christian is more sacred than that of a Muslim?
yes

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by Trexnemesis(m): 7:16pm On Jun 30, 2018
Terminator1234g:
I hope ffk the slowpoke is happy now, for he has already hoodwinked the international community into thinking this is about ethnic cleansing and killing Christians.

Mental? Some Nigerian Christians are so unfair for saying Christians alone are being killed.

This is simply a plot by the evil opposition and IPOb to dismantle the country and say nonsense
The jobless aggressive idiotic lazy evil mad pigs of Biafra and PDP will not go unpunished.

If I call you mumu now, you go dey quarrel me. Your mumu dey show sha.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by BrownRoofRep: 7:19pm On Jun 30, 2018
Terminator1234g:

This Afonja fake moozlem won't stop crying. cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 7:22pm On Jun 30, 2018
CoolFreeday:
its not a genocide issue. These guys kill any body they see, no matter the tribe or religion.

Its unfortunate our political and religious leaders are misinterpreting it.

There is no mis-interpretation. It's genocide against christians.
Stop lieing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 30, 2018
If osinbajo likes, let him continue to pussy foot, God will surely raise a Daniel.
Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by ayitasitis(m): 7:25pm On Jun 30, 2018
12Ebisco:
The United Kingdom, UK, House of Lords yesterday debated the continuing killing of innocent persons in communities by armed groups in Nigeria.

The debate concerning the killings and destruction of property was raised by Lord Alton of Liverpool who demanded to know Her Majesty’s Government assessment of situation in Nigeria.

Alton warned against genocide in the country, while recalling such concern “raised on 24 March, by the highly respected former Army Chief of Staff and Defence Minister, Lieutenant General Theophilus Y Danjuma, who stated that the armed forces were, ‘not neutral; they collude’ in the, ‘ethnic cleansing in … riverine states’, by Fulani militia.

“He insisted that villagers must defend themselves because, ‘depending on the armed forces’, will result in them dying, ‘one by one. The ethnic cleansing must stop … in all the states of Nigeria; otherwise Somalia will be a child’s play’.”

Lord Alton who raised the long debate added that he would like to hear, therefore, what practical steps the UK Government were taking to work with the Government of Nigeria in developing effective solutions to bring an end to this escalating violence.

“Can the Minister tell us whether there is a strategic plan and what representations have been made directly? I know that finding solutions is complex, but there is nothing to stop the Minister calling on the Government of Nigeria to recalibrate security arrangements and to resource their forces as a matter of urgency, in order to offer sufficient protection to vulnerable communities.

“As I close, I thank the noble Lords who are participating in today’s debate and go back to where I began: to the more than 200 people, mostly women and children, who were killed in sustained attacks on 50 villages by armed Fulani militia just this past weekend. People are dying daily.

“On 18 June, the Archbishop of Abuja referred in the Telegraph to what he described as ‘territorial conquest’ and ‘ethnic cleansing’ and said:
‘The very survival of our nation is at stake’.

“This alone should serve as a wake-up call. Are we to watch one of Africa’s greatest countries go the way of Sudan? Will we be indifferent as radical forces sweep across the Sahel seeking to replace diversity and difference with a monochrome ideology that will be imposed with violence on those who refuse to comply?

“We must not wait for a genocide to happen, as it did in Rwanda. Ominously, history could very easily be repeated.”

Alton statement was backed by the rest of the Lords who took time to narrate the situation in Nigeria and vowed to commence necessary actions to stop what could escalate into Rwanda genocide.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/plateau-killings-we-will-not-allow.html

Bloggers and lies If care is not taken, bloggers will successfully escalate and set the nation on fire with fake news that continually stir up sentiments and aggression. Am not really surprised at this if some people can devote their time to create fake UK metro website and claim exclusive news that the nation’s leader had died. The question is for what reason? You can be in opposition and still contribute positively to national development without being a sore loser . You win elections by constructive and superior argument not with fake news to hoodwink the people you hope to govern

1 Like

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by prince13: 7:26pm On Jun 30, 2018
God bless these people for raising this issue
12Ebisco:
The United Kingdom, UK, House of Lords yesterday debated the continuing killing of innocent persons in communities by armed groups in Nigeria.

The debate concerning the killings and destruction of property was raised by Lord Alton of Liverpool who demanded to know Her Majesty’s Government assessment of situation in Nigeria.

Alton warned against genocide in the country, while recalling such concern “raised on 24 March, by the highly respected former Army Chief of Staff and Defence Minister, Lieutenant General Theophilus Y Danjuma, who stated that the armed forces were, ‘not neutral; they collude’ in the, ‘ethnic cleansing in … riverine states’, by Fulani militia.

“He insisted that villagers must defend themselves because, ‘depending on the armed forces’, will result in them dying, ‘one by one. The ethnic cleansing must stop … in all the states of Nigeria; otherwise Somalia will be a child’s play’.”

Lord Alton who raised the long debate added that he would like to hear, therefore, what practical steps the UK Government were taking to work with the Government of Nigeria in developing effective solutions to bring an end to this escalating violence.

“Can the Minister tell us whether there is a strategic plan and what representations have been made directly? I know that finding solutions is complex, but there is nothing to stop the Minister calling on the Government of Nigeria to recalibrate security arrangements and to resource their forces as a matter of urgency, in order to offer sufficient protection to vulnerable communities.

“As I close, I thank the noble Lords who are participating in today’s debate and go back to where I began: to the more than 200 people, mostly women and children, who were killed in sustained attacks on 50 villages by armed Fulani militia just this past weekend. People are dying daily.

“On 18 June, the Archbishop of Abuja referred in the Telegraph to what he described as ‘territorial conquest’ and ‘ethnic cleansing’ and said:
‘The very survival of our nation is at stake’.

“This alone should serve as a wake-up call. Are we to watch one of Africa’s greatest countries go the way of Sudan? Will we be indifferent as radical forces sweep across the Sahel seeking to replace diversity and difference with a monochrome ideology that will be imposed with violence on those who refuse to comply?

“We must not wait for a genocide to happen, as it did in Rwanda. Ominously, history could very easily be repeated.”

Alton statement was backed by the rest of the Lords who took time to narrate the situation in Nigeria and vowed to commence necessary actions to stop what could escalate into Rwanda genocide.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/plateau-killings-we-will-not-allow.html
Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by smartleo(m): 7:26pm On Jun 30, 2018
Terminator1234g:

My people behold one of the fulani militia.useless political fool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by goodnews777: 7:30pm On Jun 30, 2018
Terminator1234g:

How is this terrorist allowed to make comments here. Go to Somalia, sudan, iran, Syria, yemen, Afganistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Libya etc if you want death. That is where your fellow muslims are dying because all they think about is sex with virgins in their so called heaven where the God of Love and peace does not dwell but their war and bloodthirsty god.

4 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by Lorenzop: 7:30pm On Jun 30, 2018
Terminator1234g:

idiat...may the sufferings of the victims befall you....keep playing blame game instead of blaming the govt of the day.... undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by Seetto: 7:32pm On Jun 30, 2018
Ahmeduana:

YOU SEE AS A MUSLIM AM NOT COMFORTABLE WITH KILLING GOING ON, HAVING SAID THAT, IF WE MUSLIMS ARE COMFORTABLE WITH THE KILLING OF OUR FELLOW MUSLIMS, I DON'T THINK IT SHOULD BE ACCEPTABLE TO OTHER FAITHS ALLOWING MUSLIMS TO KILL THERE FOLLOWERS. Considering your upside down logic, because muslims are been kill other faith should keep there mouth shut when there followers are been killed! AM ASKING YOU THIS DID WE MUSLIMS EVEN VALUE OUR OWN LIFES?
This guy doesn't know what he is saying,,, no true Muslim justify the killings of any fellow humans, the Quran say,, he who took a life is as if he has killed the whole humanity and he who save a life is as if he has saved the whole humanity, confusion in Islamic world was created purposely to denigrate Islam, alqaeeda and Isis was created and funded by the western world, book haram and al shabab is linked to this deadly groups, we Muslims denounce them, what could u say about Iraq how USA invaded them and spark hatred and division among the Sunni and Shiite who has been enjoying relatively peace during the reign of sadam, how they finance Isis and recruit armies to oust the government of asad, libya is not spared, Yemen and Afghanistan are also troubled, definitely something must happen and they , the Arabs will come to their senses and unite against all these forces, Muslim must dissuade from all this western manoeuvring and stick firmly to the Islamic ethic, u must not give room to being taken afar on worldly things . u must resist the temptation of shatanic agenda, u must stand on our ground of modesty and morality.

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by goodnews777: 7:33pm On Jun 30, 2018
BlakKluKluxKlan:

There is no mis-interpretation. It's genocide against christians.
Stop lieing

Its ethnic/religious cleansing.Buhari is a war criminal already

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by BreakupNigeria: 7:34pm On Jun 30, 2018
Good, I'm happy that the world is taking note on who is the aggressor as well as who is the oppressed. Igbo elite must add their voice now and be proactive instead of waiting for them to come to our doorstep. The terrorist that is supporting these barbarians will certainly spend the rest of his miserable life in Hague.
Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by Amumaigwe: 7:34pm On Jun 30, 2018
Balyz:
So in your mind the life of a Christian is more sacred than that of a Muslim?

All lives are sacred. But if Muslims choose to kill themselves, the Christians will not interfere with family matter.

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by Auxtin85(m): 7:37pm On Jun 30, 2018
Terminator1234g:

Mad man

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by ifymadu: 7:37pm On Jun 30, 2018
Terminator1234g:

Hopelessness is a BIG disease

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by Balyz: 7:38pm On Jun 30, 2018
Amumaigwe:

All lives are sacred. But if Muslims choose to kill themselves, the Christians will not interfere with family matter.
Anything anyone says before the word BUT is meaningless. So called Christians are evil too
Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by goodnews777: 7:40pm On Jun 30, 2018
The UN should immediately identify all those Buhari has appointed in security positions(Military and police). It was carefully constituted with no single Christian so as to effectively carry out this genocide.They are all jihadists. Buhari,s jihadist cabinet must be held accountable for the killings.

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by selfmade22: 7:41pm On Jun 30, 2018
Terminator1234g:

nne gi dia!

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by Amumaigwe: 7:42pm On Jun 30, 2018
Terminator1234g:
what are you saying dude

If the moderators don't ban this guy for his highly inciting and insulting post on this thread that contravened rule no. 2, I will quickly conclude that they are all shameless Afonja Islamic fundanentalists. People have been banned over minor infractions. We are watching!

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by Trendirabingi: 7:44pm On Jun 30, 2018
Terminator1234g:
what are you saying dude
his simply saying u are a foool... Check dat

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by biggy26: 7:45pm On Jun 30, 2018
Terminator1234g:

Did you hear religion there? Dumbo!

1 Like

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by Trendirabingi: 7:45pm On Jun 30, 2018
Amumaigwe:

If the moderators don't ban this guy for his highly inciting and insulting post on this thread that contravened rule no. 2, I will quickly conclude that they are all shameless Afonja Islamic fundanentalists. People have been banned over minor infractions. We are watching!
yess everyone is watching...
Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by kaffy4tope(m): 7:46pm On Jun 30, 2018
salt1:

Keep dreaming. Do you imagine that your vote will count?

It counted in the era of GEJ. We are not in Cocoland bro.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by Mujtahida: 7:53pm On Jun 30, 2018
orisa37:
Mr. President, The 36 Executive Governors, The NASS and The 36 Assemblies should team up now to AMEND The Nigeria Constitution to grant FULL AUTONOMY to our 36 Constitutional States and restrict FG to Foreign Affairs and ancillary Liaison Duties.
Simple. No Federal army or airforce or navy. Nothing should be Federal except foreign affairs as you have mentioned. Nothing like sharing of resources or derivation formula. Since we have shown that we cannot subscribe to basic justice and fairness let there be no Federal chain in this country. Each state for itself.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by willibounce1(m): 7:55pm On Jun 30, 2018
The UK should do something fast and stop talking or are they waiting for the Fulani herdsmen to kill everybody before they take actions? I dont even trust them because they might actually be behind this evil herdsmen. Buhari has totally ruined the country and every thing possible must be done to send that old evil clueless man back to his village.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by motionz: 7:56pm On Jun 30, 2018
Terminator1234g:

May your family be ran how apc is running this country

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords by Amumaigwe: 7:57pm On Jun 30, 2018
Seetto:

This guy doesn't know what he is saying,,, no true Muslim justify the killings of any fellow humans, the Quran say,, he who took a life is as if he has killed the whole humanity and he who save a life is as if he has saved the whole humanity, confusion in Islamic world was created purposely to denigrate Islam, alqaeeda and Isis was created and funded by the western world, book haram and al shabab is linked to this deadly groups, we Muslims denounce them, what could u say about Iraq how USA invaded them and spark hatred and division among the Sunni and Shiite who has been enjoying relatively peace during the reign of sadam, how they finance Isis and recruit armies to oust the government of asad, libya is not spared, Yemen and Afghanistan are also troubled, definitely something must happen and they , the Arabs will come to their senses and unite against all these forces, Muslim must dissuade from all this western manoeuvring and stick firmly to the Islamic ethic, u must not give room to being taken afar on worldly things . u must resist the temptation of shatanic agenda, u must stand on our ground of modesty and morality.

If indeed no true Muslim justify killing of any human, then there are no true Muslim anywhere. We know that Muslims either enjoy or are indifferent to the killing of christians by muslim extremists because they seldom condem the act. As for your other postulations, you need your head examined for such very wild comments.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kogi State PDP Governorship Primaries Updates / Peter Obi Condemns Killing Of Christopher Eleghu, Imo Labour Party Candidate / JOHESU Suspends Strike For 21 Days After Meeting Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.