Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

How To Run Your Postgraduate Programme From A Distance In UNN - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Run Your Postgraduate Programme From A Distance In UNN (468 Views)

CBN Collaborative Postgraduate Programme 2019 Applications / Why You Should Have Your Postgraduate Study In Canada / Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Run Your Postgraduate Programme From A Distance In UNN by okekefranklin(m): 12:59pm On Jun 30, 2018
Postgraduate studies in Nigeria is such that many wish to be gainfully employed before enrolling into it. As such while many defy unemployment to enroll, others wait till they gain employment before enrolling. This situation has left two kinds of postgraduate students in Nigerian Universities.

The first type of Postgraduate students are those with employment and the second, postgraduate students without employment. Of course the difference between the two groups are glaring. However, they need a symbiotic relationship to thrive in their programmes and the need for this relationship is becoming ever pressing.

Many people have called me to know how possible it is for one to run a Postgraduate programme in UNN combining work and study. Similarly, another handful of UNN postgraduate applicants have called, demanding to know the possibility of running their postgraduate programme from a distance(Visiting school, twice a week, once a week or 5 times in a month).

From my experience, as a postgraduate student, I have learnt and come to believe that even if one is working is such places like Abuja, Kogi, Lagos, Taraba, Rivers, e.t.c, one can still enroll the postgraduate programme in UNN. Below are the few nuggets I gathered on how to [/b]run your postgraduate programme from a distance in UNN[b].

Be in good terms with your Supervisor: This is very important. If you intend to be visiting once a week, twice a month etc, you must make sure you don’t leave anything to chance in your supervisor-student relationship. What do I mean here? Your first point of contact with your supervisor should be such that a positive impression will be created. Use your first contact with him to judge his/her personality. Ask questions about this supervisor and gather as much information about him/her as possible.

Know your Class Rep and draw him/her close: As a visiting student, your class rep is the most important element in your class. Make no mistake about this. To have his back, you need to draw close to him. You need to have some level of influence over him/her and you can’t do this with an empty pocket. From experience, I have learnt that lecturers dance to 80 percent of the permutations in class scheduling. The summary is that you have to earn his loyalty and trust. And you don’t do this with an empty pocket, an empty hand. He has to be constantly mobilized.

Meet and exchange contacts with fellow visiting Students. The earlier you meet with your fellow visiting students, the better for you. This is to enable you guys to form a block in the class, a block capable of asserting their views in the classroom. For instance in my class, we have about 5 students who, because of work do not attend classes regularly but they constitute a strong block in our class to the extent that we can’t even make decision in the class without seeking their opinion. Power of unitary voice!

Let your Absence be limited to classes: What do I mean here? Your Excuses for not coming to class can be admissible but do not take this to your seminar presentation and exams. The good thing about seminars is that they do not come up all the time. Some times, it comes one a month or even twice a month or much less. As for exams, they are fixed, most times by the students. So try to be as influential as possible and you would be glad you did.

For more inquiries on UNN Postgraduate and Undergraduate Programmes, contact us on www.unnobzava.com or on 08132677148. You can also email us @ unnobzava.pg@gmail.com
Re: How To Run Your Postgraduate Programme From A Distance In UNN by opeyehmmy(m): 1:05pm On Jun 30, 2018
Ok.
Re: How To Run Your Postgraduate Programme From A Distance In UNN by fullofgrace(m): 2:03pm On Jun 30, 2018
How much does it cost to run the PGD program
Re: How To Run Your Postgraduate Programme From A Distance In UNN by okekefranklin(m): 3:24pm On Jul 02, 2018
PGD programme costs 100,400 (school fees) while acceptance fee is (25000).
Re: How To Run Your Postgraduate Programme From A Distance In UNN by pelicanbeau(f): 8:29pm On Jul 02, 2018
When actually in UNILAG, the cost goes for only 75k per session and you will get quality and meaningful education devoid of lecturer-student harassment.
Re: How To Run Your Postgraduate Programme From A Distance In UNN by okekefranklin(m): 7:05am On Jul 03, 2018
There is uniformity in the tuition fee of universities anywhere in the world.

(1) (Reply)

WAEC Releases 2018 May/june WASSCE Result, Says There’s Decline In Pass Rate / OOU Commences The Sale Of Post-utme/de Admission Screening Forms For 2018/2019 / Examine The Characteristics And Duties Of The State To Its Citizens.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.