Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Can Someone Please Tell Me One Single Thing Christian About Nigerian Christiains - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Please Tell Me One Single Thing Christian About Nigerian Christiains (637 Views)

Abu Discussed With A Christian About Muslims Worshipping Kaaba / Please Tell Us,how You Got The Thought "There Is No God Almighty / Discussion With A Christian About The Christian Doctrine Of Redemption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Please Tell Me One Single Thing Christian About Nigerian Christiains by mindeed(f): 10:13pm On Jun 30, 2018
I just need one. Please. Just one. It may be of a colleague, neighbour or friend. What are those traits you see in him/her that accentuates his chasteness?

I am asking this because it appears the more Christian my cousin becomes the harder her heart grows. She has increased her fellowship programs to twice a week and now attends daily midnight services online. But her actual character continues to deteriorate. She is completely aloof to the pain and feelings of others, is morbidly offended by corrections or pointing out any flaws, she has zero integrity (claims to be Treasurer at church but always uses part of the money for personal needs), and did I mention she always lies at every given opportunity? I know we are all human ….we have flaws and make mistakes but it seems the Nigerian Christian for some reason is more brazen in displaying these questionable character traits. Is it because their pastors have promised them grace? Or are gravely immoral people naturally drawn to extreme religiosity?

Can anybody (preferably Christian) please explain this to me?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Please Tell Me One Single Thing Christian About Nigerian Christiains by GavelSlam: 10:48pm On Jun 30, 2018
Your "sister" is the problem and not the religion.

What do you guys gain by taunting other religions?

You don't have to believe in their practices but you must respect their wishes as long as it doesn't infringe on your own rights .

Lastly, I daresay, the internet is not for us Nigerians.
We've used it to cause more harm.

As much information that can be used to make basic valuable articles, yet we choose to gossip, demean, ridicule and promote violence.

Shame.

5 Likes

Re: Can Someone Please Tell Me One Single Thing Christian About Nigerian Christiains by Ishilove: 11:03pm On Jun 30, 2018
mindeed:
I just need one. Please. Just one. It may be of a colleague, neighbour or friend. What are those traits you see in him/her that accentuates his chasteness?

I am asking this because it appears the more Christian my cousin becomes the harder her heart grows. She has increased her fellowship programs to twice a week and now attends daily midnight services online. But her actual character continues to deteriorate. She is completely aloof to the pain and feelings of others, is morbidly offended by corrections or pointing out any flaws, she has zero integrity (claims to be Treasurer at church but always uses part of the money for personal needs), and did I mention she always lies at every given opportunity? I know we are all human ….we have flaws and make mistakes but it seems the Nigerian Christian for some reason is more brazen in displaying these questionable character traits. Is it because their pastors have promised them grace? Or are gravely immoral people naturally drawn to extreme religiosity?

Your cousin is the problem, not religion. She is hypocritical, haughty, without love and a liar. Is that what the bible teaches? If she has refused to imbibe the virtues preached in the word of God then how is the religion or her nationality the cause? Since when did these character flaws become a Nigerian thing?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Someone Please Tell Me One Single Thing Christian About Nigerian Christiains by Nobody: 12:43am On Jul 01, 2018
mindeed:

The problem is from your sister and messages she listens to.
Solution: Try and visit her church and listen to the messages being preached.
A lot of persons are not Christians even though they claim to be one. Many of these grace preachers are contributing to the way many acclaimed Christians behave

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Tell Me One Single Thing Christian About Nigerian Christiains by sKeetz(m): 4:08am On Jul 01, 2018
GavelSlam:
Your "sister" is the problem and not the religion.

What do you guys gain by taunting other religions?

You don't have to believe in their practices but you must respect their wishes as long as it doesn't infringe on your own rights .

Lastly, I daresay, the internet is not for us Nigerians.
We've used it to cause more harm.

As much information that can be used to make basic valuable articles, yet we choose to gossip, demean, ridicule and promote violence.

Shame.

Lol

Typical apologist. The lady asked an honest question based on her experience with a Christian but instead of answering her, you went on the offensive.

@op, Nigerian Christians are direct opposite of what they preach. They are greedy, covetous and lack any shred of humanity or human decency in them and your cousin is one out of millions so it shouldn't surprise you. Na their way. It's only a minuite percentage that can really pass off as good humans and finding them is like searching for a needle in a haystack.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Someone Please Tell Me One Single Thing Christian About Nigerian Christiains by orisa37: 9:57am On Jul 01, 2018
Bishop Oyedepo just said that Buhari is not God, isn't that Christian?

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Tell Me One Single Thing Christian About Nigerian Christiains by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 01, 2018
asuustrike2009:

The problem is from your sister and messages she listens to.
Solution: Try and visit her church and listen to the messages being preached.
A lot of persons are not Christians even though they claim to be one. Many of these grace preachers are contributing to the way many acclaimed Christians behave

No! The problem is from the Bible. Yahweh himself taught christians on how to become proficient liars.

Proverbs 12:22 says - "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, But those who deal truthfully are His delight."

But in 1 Samuel 16: 1 - 4, Yahweh commanded Samuel saying - "Fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons.

And Samuel said, How can I go? if Saul hear it, he will kill me. And the Lord said, Take an heifer with thee, and say, I am come to sacrifice to the Lord."

Now, be objective & sincere - In this passage, If Yahweh was not teaching Samuel how to lie, then tell me what he was trying to teach him?

Obviously, Yahweh commanded Samuel to lie, as he was sent to find a king and not to sacrifice to the Lord.

Funnily enough, most christians do not see anything wrong in this scripture.

For this reason, I am convinced by the OP's assertion that Christianity indeed breeds mind-boggling liars! grin

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Please Tell Me One Single Thing Christian About Nigerian Christiains by NPComplete: 11:32am On Jul 01, 2018
Nigerian Christians are the worse set of liars na. People that can look at cold facts that paint their religion in a negative light and find ways to twist and lie their way around it.
Pastors that stand on the pulpit everyday and lie about miracles they did. Followers that come on the altar to lie about things that happen to them.
The average Nigerian church is just an assembly of liars and deceivers. As a matter of fact the spirit of lying is now residing in the church.
So don't be surprised. All Nigerian Christianity is for these days is just to show off and networking for business and job connections.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Please Tell Me One Single Thing Christian About Nigerian Christiains by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 01, 2018
Zoharariel:

No! The problem is from the Bible. Yahweh himself taught christians on how to become proficient liars.

Proverbs 12:22 says - "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, But those who deal truthfully are His delight."

But in 1 Samuel 16: 1 - 4, Yahweh commanded Samuel saying - "Fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons.

And Samuel said, How can I go? if Saul hear it, he will kill me. And the Lord said, Take an heifer with thee, and say, I am come to sacrifice to the Lord."

Now, be objective & sincere - In this passage, If Yahweh was not teaching Samuel how to lie, then tell me what he was trying to teach him?

Obviously, Yahweh commanded Samuel to lie, as he was sent to find a king and not to sacrifice to the Lord.

For this reason, I am convinced by the OP's assertion that Christianity indeed breeds mind-boggling liars! grin
You need help.You are quoting scriptures out of context
Re: Can Someone Please Tell Me One Single Thing Christian About Nigerian Christiains by HappyPagan: 1:39pm On Jul 01, 2018
asuustrike2009:

You need help.You are quoting scriptures out of context
Out of 'your' context, you mean.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Please Tell Me One Single Thing Christian About Nigerian Christiains by CAPSLOCKED: 1:42pm On Jul 01, 2018
GavelSlam:

NO.. WE DON'T HAVE TO RESPECT THE WISHES OF RELIGIOUS PEOPLE.

IN INDIA PEOPLE DRINK COW PISS, AND BATH IN DUNG.

IN SAUDI PEOPLE ARE BEHEADED JUST FOR HAVING SÈX.

IN QATAR YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH RAPE IF YOU PAY THE RIGHT SUM OF MONEY.

IN LYBIA YOU'RE A PIECE OF PROPERTY AS LONG AS YOU'RE A BLACK NON-LYBIAN.

IN NIGERIA, UP NORTH THE MUSLIMS HAVE KILLED NON-MUSLIMS IN PREVIOUS SHARIA CRISIS BECAUSE OF ALLAH'S WISH.

IN THE MIDDLE BELT HERDSMEN ARE DOING AS THEY WISH.

DURING THE DARK AGES PEOPLE WERE BURNT IN EUROPE FOR BEING WITCHES AND HERESY. IN NIGERIA, TWINS WERE KILLED AND CHIEFS WERE BURIED WITH MANY VIRGINS.

NONE OF THESE THINGS INFRINGE ON "MY OWN" RIGHT. BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE THEM RIGHT.

SO WE DON'T HAVE TO RESPECT THE "RELIGION INFLUENCED" WISHES OF RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. NEVER.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Please Tell Me One Single Thing Christian About Nigerian Christiains by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2018
Zoharariel:

Oh thou fool,
God ask Samuel to tell them one of his mission which was sacrificing the heifer but the other mission he ask him to keep it secrete bros were is the lie there.may God forgive you
Re: Can Someone Please Tell Me One Single Thing Christian About Nigerian Christiains by Originakalokalo(m): 10:16pm On Sep 21, 2018
Zoharariel:

Samuel could perform sacrifice on any altar as far as the law is followed. Take a heifer with you to sacrifice to the Lord is not a falsehood.

Samuel would have performed the sacrifice, so it was true....

God instructed Samuel to do what he would have done normally, which is to perform a sacrifice in that place

But that is not the main reason for the visit.

The devil is a liar. No child of God will live in lies.

Child of God is different from Christian (/these days)

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Tell Me One Single Thing Christian About Nigerian Christiains by Originakalokalo(m): 2:50am On Sep 22, 2018
A king was on the throne.. Anointing another king would result in civil war which would expose the house of David...

and David was to spend sometime in training before ascending to the throne...

That is why secrecy of the mission was paramount.

Our God is never a liar. Instead, he respected the order of men.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Tell Me One Single Thing Christian About Nigerian Christiains by adelee777: 8:15am On Sep 22, 2018
Ishilove:

Your cousin is the problem, not religion. She is hypocritical, haughty, without love and a liar. Is that what the bible teaches? If she has refused to imbibe the virtues preached in the word of God then how is the religion or her nationality the cause? Since when did these character flaws become a Nigerian thing?
I don't think he is faulting Christianity. He is faulting Nigerian Christians. I understand where he is coming from, because the kind of Christianity practised in Nigeria is somehow. Maybe it was Nigerian Christians Mahatma Ghandi saw when he said ''I like your Christ, but I don't like you Christians''.
Re: Can Someone Please Tell Me One Single Thing Christian About Nigerian Christiains by ojimbo(m): 8:59am On Sep 22, 2018
Nothing, Just the gathering of the most wicked and desperate human beings on earth

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Judgement Day On Nairaland / That Mountain Confronting You Is Surmountable / America Televangelist Dr. Morris Cerullo In Warri Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.