Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps (32757 Views)

Victor Osimhen Finally Meets His Hero Didier Drogba After Ivory Coast Clash / "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps / Pics: Courtney Dike & Francisca Ordega On The Way To France 4 Super Falcons Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by samsam2019: 9:51am On Jul 01, 2018
Jokerman:

Under wetin? grin... we dey talk senior, you dey talk under.... imagine your Messi getting to 2 COPA america finals and 1 world cup final, and couldn't win anything.... He should be ashamed bro....

Ronaldo has played 2 EURO finals, and won 1, and played 1 WC semifinal
Messi has done more for Argentina than Ronaldo has done for Portugal

U20 world cup

Olympic gold medal

2 copa final

1 world final

1 world cup golden ball( best player)

Ronaldo wasn't even the best player when Portugal won euros nor was he the top scorer.

4 Likes

Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by VIPERVENOM(m): 9:52am On Jul 01, 2018
The day the Argentine squad stop playing for Messi they'll win something

1 Like

Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by samsam2019: 9:53am On Jul 01, 2018
BrutusOj:
National team is a different thing from club team. World cup is never EUFA Champions league nor La liga..WORLD CUP is WORLD CUP, apart from Nigeria, Messi has never scored any of the nations that matters, not talk of Almighty Spain
Messi scored a hat trick to destroy brazil grin grin grin

Oya come up woth another thing

I'm waiting ooo

1 Like

Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by samsam2019: 9:57am On Jul 01, 2018
BrutusOj:
National team is a different thing from club team. World cup is never EUFA Champions league nor La liga..WORLD CUP is WORLD CUP, apart from Nigeria, Messi has never scored any of the nations that matters, not talk of Almighty Spain
oh.....

I forgot he also won the golden ball at the u20 world cup for Argentina

Won golden ball at the 2014 world cup

Won Olympic gold for Argentina

Now remind me again how national team is different

Now I also need you to remind me when Ronaldo won an individual award in a tournament in the national team
Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by Odani: 9:58am On Jul 01, 2018
Nedukkc:
You stopped messi because his team was useless, because you only had him and di maria to worry about where was kante when messi scored two against Chelsea??

Forget this messi only knows how to carry barca not Argentina, why didn't Ronaldo carry his country yesterday??

Football is team work
A tree doesn't make a forest!

Oga coachi why e dey pain u na
Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by Brains1990(m): 10:00am On Jul 01, 2018
chuksanambra:

Na so

Messi: 1 goal in 4 matches
Musa: 2 goals in a single match

Best player indeed
Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by Brains1990(m): 10:00am On Jul 01, 2018
chuksanambra:

Na so

Messi: 1 goal in 4 matches
Musa: 2 goals in a single match

Best player indeed

U no get sense. Fuvk out of here
Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by aylive02(m): 10:01am On Jul 01, 2018
post=68977593:
'N'Golo Kante was always marking him.
That SUMS it up!

Small but Mighty Kante with a BIG head wey sabi!! wink cheesy grin.
Correct gentle Guy!
. You did rubbish
Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by Jokerman(m): 10:01am On Jul 01, 2018
samsam2019:
yawn.........

Admiring Messi does not make one a barcelona fan. Truth is that I hate the club and I also used to hate Messi but Messi has blown my hatred for him away with his brilliance.

As for the assists. There's no doubt ronaldo is an all time great. Not just as great as Messi. Any real non sentimental football purist/fan/enthusiast will pick Messi over Ronaldo 9 out of 10 times

And ronaldo used to help in setting up attacks like Messi but if you will be honest with yourself you'll know Ronaldo of the past 3 years is just a goalscorer now who hogs the box 18

Messi is just a Barcelona great bro.... Don't compare him with a Man utd great, A real Madrid great and a Portugal great.... so I don't know how Messi is greater than Ronaldo....
Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by BrutusOj(m): 10:01am On Jul 01, 2018
samsam2019:
yawn.........

Admiring Messi does not make one a barcelona fan. Truth is that I hate the club and I also used to hate Messi but Messi has blown my hatred for him away with his brilliance.

As for the assists. There's no doubt ronaldo is an all time great. Not just as great as Messi. Any real non sentimental football purist/fan/enthusiast will pick Messi over Ronaldo 9 out of 10 times

And ronaldo used to help in setting up attacks like Messi but if you will be honest with yourself you'll know Ronaldo of the past 3 years is just a goalscorer now who hogs the box 18
go and sleep with bias analysis. You expect Ronaldo to maintain thesame level he started with at his age? He has been on the stage for more than 12years.
Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by kinkymax: 10:03am On Jul 01, 2018
Jokerman:

Under wetin? grin... we dey talk senior, you dey talk under.... imagine your Messi getting to 2 COPA america finals and 1 world cup final, and couldn't win anything.... He should be ashamed bro....

Ronaldo has played 2 EURO finals, and won 1, and played 1 WC semifinal
ode,,has Ronaldo bn to world cup final ..talk wt sense nw
Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by BrutusOj(m): 10:04am On Jul 01, 2018
samsam2019:
oh.....

Now I also need you to remind me when Ronaldo won an individual award in a tournament in the national team
Tell us who is the current holder of European cup and who won d golden boot
Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by ollah2: 10:05am On Jul 01, 2018
chuksanambra:

What should we use? Corner kicks and offsides?

Since you're not an Indomie generation fan, I expect better reasoning from you. Both players played against the same team, same keeper, same month and one scored more goals than the other.

Like I said you are an indomie generation that knows nothing about football. By your logic, Kane is the best player.
Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 01, 2018
ollah2:

Kane should be the best player then since he has 5 goals. All these indomie generations that use goals to judge players.

No be goals them use judge who go qualify for next round

All this old fart people
Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by Jokerman(m): 10:06am On Jul 01, 2018
samsam2019:
oh.....

Ronaldo won best young player in 2006 world cup.

Ronaldo won Silverball at the EUROS and golden boot along with Greizmann, if Ronaldo had played out the final completely , he would have won the golden ball just like Messi won it in 2014 unconvincingly....

Ronaldo didn't play Olympics and Portugal never really played junior tournaments with Ronaldo in it...
However as it stands, Ronaldo 1 national trophy, Messi 0....
Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by Jokerman(m): 10:08am On Jul 01, 2018
kinkymax:

Any difference from final loser to early loser??
Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 01, 2018
kinkymax:

So what achievement is that?Loosing in a world cup final

1 Like

Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by ollah2: 10:09am On Jul 01, 2018
maynia:

No be goals them use judge who go qualify for next round

All this old fart people

It's a team sport and goals are the first the thing used for a team to progress to the next round. It isn't what is used to judge between player A and player B.
Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by samsam2019: 10:09am On Jul 01, 2018
Jokerman:

Messi is just a Barcelona great bro.... Don't compare him with a Man utd great, A real Madrid great and a Portugal great.... so I don't know how Messi is greater than Ronaldo....
playing for one team does not make you less of a player

Franco Baresi and Paolo Maldini are considered the best defenders ever and they only played for Ac Milan

And if the all time top scorer of Argentina, an Olympic champion, an u20 winner is not a legend for Argentina then I give up on you

2 Likes

Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 01, 2018
ollah2:

It's a team sport and goals are the first the thing used for a team to progress to the next round. It isn't what is used to judge between player A and player B.

What are we gonna judge it with then?
Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by samsam2019: 10:11am On Jul 01, 2018
BrutusOj:
go and sleep with bias analysis. You expect Ronaldo to maintain thesame level he started with at his age? He has been on the stage for more than 12years.
difference is that Messi is still creating and scoring while ronaldo has become just a goalscorer

P.s Messi has also been doing it for the past 12 years
Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by samsam2019: 10:12am On Jul 01, 2018
BrutusOj:
Tell us who is the current holder of European cup and who won d golden boot
and Messi hasn't won it many times b4?
Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by eDeity: 10:14am On Jul 01, 2018
Messi's surprising World Cup stats

He has played 756 minutes in World Cup knockout matches since 2006, but has failed to score a single goal.
His goal against Nigeria ended a run of 662 minutes without a goal in the World Cup.
He has scored 50% of his World Cup goals against Nigeria (three of six).
Seven of the eight shots on target in Saturday's match against France were scored, with the exception being Messi's attempt in the 85th minute.
He had more shots than any other player in the first two group games (12) and failed to score with any of them.

Lionel Messi's World Cup history in numbers
Year Games Minutes played Goals Assists Stage reached Individual awards
2018 4 360 1 2 Last 16
2014 7 693 4 1 Runners-up Golden Ball
2010 5 450 0 3 Quarter-finals
2006 3 122 1 1 Quarter-finals
Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by echepops(m): 10:16am On Jul 01, 2018
The Top 10 of Merrybet Punters League as it stands.

The World Cup knockout stages continue today. There's still time to place your bets and earn more points. Millions of naira to be won!

Join Merrybet now and make your dream a reality!

Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by chuksanambra: 10:17am On Jul 01, 2018
Brains1990:

U no get sense. Fuvk out of here

E don pain this one grin
Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by samsam2019: 10:18am On Jul 01, 2018
Jokerman:

Ronaldo won best young player in 2006 world cup.

Ronaldo won Silverball at the EUROS and golden boot along with Greizmann, if Ronaldo had played out the final completely , he would have won the golden ball just like Messi won it in 2014 unconvincingly....

Ronaldo didn't play Olympics and Portugal never really played junior tournaments with Ronaldo in it...
However as it stands, Ronaldo 1 national trophy, Messi 0....
I hate discussing football with football illiterates.

1st Schweinsteiger won 2006 world cup best young player, not Ronaldo. You liar

2nd Greizmann won the golden boot at euro 2016 with 6 goals. Your ronaldo scored 3 goals. You're a bloody liar

And was it Messi's fault Portugal didn't qualify for the Olympics? Or Portugal not playing the u20s
Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by Apina(m): 10:18am On Jul 01, 2018
Optmus:
With all the useless comments I see on Nairaland I think the developers should include button for "Down vote" so that the perpetrators would know that they've actually talked from their añûs.

Lionel Messi remains a great football whether Nigerians agree or not. If it's possible for them, coaches would assign half their players in the pitch just to stop Messi from performing. And yet he makes great influence in every game.

Though he's out of world cup , his bank account fattens everyday and some hoi polloi Nigerians would revel in disdaining him.

Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by eDeity: 10:19am On Jul 01, 2018
Ronaldo's surprising World Cup stats

His third goal against Spain was his first direct free-kick goal at a major tournament for Portugal - it was his 45th attempt.
Ronaldo has a 50% penalty success rate in major tournaments for Portugal, scoring two (against Iran and Spain at the World Cups in 2006 and 2018 respectively) but also failing with two (against Austria at Euro 2016 and Iran).
He has played 514 minutes of football in the knockout stages of the World Cup over the years, but has failed to score or provide an assist.

Cristiano Ronaldo's World Cup history in numbers
Year Games Minutes played Goals Assists Stage reached
2018 4 360 4 0 Last 16
2014 3 270 1 1 Group stages
2010 4 360 1 1 Last 16
2006 6 484 1 0 Semi-finals

1 Like

Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by chuksanambra: 10:19am On Jul 01, 2018
ollah2:

Like I said you are an indomie generation that knows nothing about football. By your logic, Kane is the best player.

Groundnut and garri generation, argue with those you can bamboozle. Stats don't lie.
Re: France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps by ollah2: 10:20am On Jul 01, 2018
maynia:

What are we gonna judge it with then?

Is it only goals that occurs in football?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cédric Bakambu Becomes The Most Expensive African Player In History / Mikel Obi Set To Quit Trabzonspor / Ronaldo Equals Josef Bican's Record As Joint Topscorer In Football History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.