Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,478 members, 7,819,741 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Is AYEEN 2018 Real? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is AYEEN 2018 Real? (4692 Views)

Any Update On Ayeen / AYEEN 2018 Registration – Raising Africa's Young Entrepreneurs / The Dirty Truth About Ayeen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by imagrg(m): 12:33pm On Jul 01, 2018
I have been given an invitation to defend my project business plan in Lagos by AYEEN 2018. I want those who have benefited from their earlier programme to testify to their authenticity because I would not want to waste money and time going to Lagos only to be fooled by them.
What is your advice please.
See message received....

AYEEN 2018 UPDATE
This is the divider
READ THIS EMAIL TO THE END

Congratulations!!!

Dear AYEEN 2018 Applicant,
You have QUALIFIED for the final stage to defend your business in front of the AYEEN officials.

Although your business plan was rejected, the organization has decided to consider those that made efforts to attempt at least and whose business idea looks promising.
On this note, you will be given the chance to pitch in person to the AYEEN officials.

Kindly see your audition Invite Details below:

Audition Date: Thursday, July 5th, 2018.

Venue: TVC Television Compound, 19 Aladelola Street, Ikosi, Ketu, Lagos, Nigeria.

Time: Anytime from 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM

WARNING:
Please do not come to the venue earlier than 9AM , people that arrive at the venue before 9AM will not be attended to. The instruction says anytime from 9AM upwards.

Please come along with any means of Identification (Driver's License, International Passport, Voters card e.t.c) as this would be an entry criteria. Also come along with your product samples and props (if applicable).

FOR DIRECTIONS (To those coming from outside Lagos):

1. Arriving Lagos via Ojota Bus Park:
- Take a public bus to Ketu bus-stop
- Take a bike (popularly known as okada) to TVC compound at Aladelola street.

2. Arriving Lagos via Mile 2 Park:
- Take a public bus going to Berger via Oshodi
- Drop at Ketu bus stop (or motorways)
- Take a tricycle, inform the driver you are dropping at TVC off CMD Road.

3. Arriving Lagos via Iddo Garage:
- Take a public bus transport heading to Yaba
- Take another or same bus heading to Ketu Bus Stop
- Take a bike and tell the driver you heading to TVC

4. Arriving Lagos via Yaba:
- Take a public bus going to Ketu
- From Ketu take a bike and inform the driver you going to TVC compound

If you need accommodation, see below hotel rates at highly discounted prices (2 mins to the audition venue):

Private Executive Room - N15,000 (1 person)
2 in a room - (N5,000 per person)

For booking, send an email with your preferred date to joyfulushersnig@gmail.com
12 slots gone, limited slots available till Sunday July 1, 2018.
Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 01, 2018
To me thEse guy's are fraudsters
Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by imagrg(m): 12:56pm On Jul 01, 2018
Nyerhovwo101:
To me thEse guy's are fraudsters
I suspect something is fishy about their operations too.
Must they arrange hotel accommodation which is not free for participants too?
Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by stagger: 1:41pm On Jul 01, 2018
imagrg:

Save your money. Not worth it. Someone gave an account here of how they were collecting money from people at the so-called award night using POS machines. I don't even know who has received any funding from them. I participated twice and after getting assurances of being granted loans for my business idea, I never heard a thing from them.

1 Like

Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by cardiorap: 5:52pm On Jul 01, 2018
For you to have gotten that invitation , it shows how far you've gone with the whole process. I was also opportune to get similar invitation. I know of an AYEEN beneficiary, we graduated from same school.

There are several threads here on NL for and against the programme. If you have read most of them, you won't even be encouraged to apply for it in the first place, or even put in the amount of effort you did, to get to this stage.

There's a particular guy that was aggrieved after he couldn't make it last year, he went haywire on the internet castigating the scheme. Most persons saw his posts and decided to mark AYEEN bad, but most persons didn't see his counter post weeks later where he apologized, saying he was only aggrieved when he made his previous posts.

I will be going to Lagos from the South for that screening, because to me, it is worth it. It is an opportunity cost. What does it really cost?

I'll be happy if the number of people interested keep reducing, as the chances for those that will be there will be high.

I think these guys have been open enough to allow every applicant make their choices, so no one should come here with all those stories of extortion and the rest. AYEEN or A.Y.E hasn't extorted or scammed anyone to the best of my knowledge.

Till then, I'll be back to this thread to share my experience.
Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by cardiorap: 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2018
stagger:

Save your money. Not worth it. Someone gave an account here of how they were collecting money from people at the so-called award night using POS machines. I don't even know who has received any funding from them. I participated twice and after getting assurances of being granted loans for my business idea, I never heard a thing from them.

Share your full experience here. Were you invited to be screened by the judges? Were you told you've won the grants? Did you pass through the entrepreneurship (AYEEN) platform or you applied for loan to A.Y.E - the mother body of AYEEN. What stage of participation did you reach?

Mind you, like I mentioned in my reply above, the guy who made that post apologized later, saying he was only aggrieved. But since I've done a lot of research, maybe I should inform you more on that POS talk.

A.Y.E is an organization, while AYEEN is an empowerment programme initiated by A.Y.E. AYEEN gets funding, training etc. from the donations made by members of A.Y.E. Anyone can be a member and support A.Y.E. Some of the high profiled members of A.Y.E are Aliko Dangote, Folorunsho Alakija, Atiku Abubakar and so on.

Mind you that POS at the award night weren't given to beneficiaries to slot their cards, but members and those present there who may wish to also make financial contributions to the organization.
Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by cardiorap: 6:21pm On Jul 01, 2018
imagrg:

Oga, to answer your question, no, they must not arrange accommodation which is not free to applicants.

But if I may ask, is the accommodation compulsory? No, it isn't, you have a choice to make.

I learnt something about AYEEN, when I first applied for the programme, getting a mail almost immediately from a consultancy firm, alongside that of AYEEN recommending them for writing of business plan and CAC registration made me suspect the scheme.

Along the line, I got to understand that these guys are beneficiaries who have good standing, which the association trusts and believes in their services, thereby using their influence to recommend them. Imagine you offering a service 2019 applicants need, and AYEEN recommends you to each of them! So in my believe again, I see similar thing with this accommodation thing. Of course, so many persons will be coming from different parts of the country. Personally, I avoid anything that will make me visit Lagos, the last time I visited there with my mum, I was less than 10 years old. So I virtually know no where in Lagos. But I have made arrangements for myself, I am not interested in their recommendations for accommodation. Nobody is compelled.

Similar thing happened with the options of Business Plan and J18 form. Some persons here made it seem like the J18 form of N3,000 was compulsory, whereas it was optional. I never bought the J18 form, because I had a Business Plan that was more detailed than the J18 form could be.

In conclusion, if you seek my advice, I'll tell you to give it a shot, it wouldn't cost you a fortune and it will still give you and opportunity to learn and have different experiences. Your success in life isn't tied to AYEEN alone, so it's not a do or die affair.

On the other hand, if you don't go for the screening, it could mean one potential beneficary down, thereby giving opportunity to others. It would benefit me more if you and a lot of other applicants don't come for the screening, as that would increase the chances of those of us who believe in the programme.

Cheers!
Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by Jatinzbusinessc(m): 6:28pm On Jul 01, 2018
Ayeen is FAKE not real and I have not personally seen anyone funded from that program.

Check my former post you will find more Intel on this Ayeen and be extremely careful.

If they fund any business then it must be from there circle friends and relatives. I have once attended something similar and all the selected applicants where already known by the organizers.

We just went to cheer them up and take photos for the promo of there brand grin

1 Like

Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by cardiorap: 6:36pm On Jul 01, 2018
Jatinzbusinessc:
Ayeen is FAKE not real and I have not personally seen anyone funded from that program.

Check my former post you will find more Intel on this Ayeen and be extremely careful.

If they fund any business then it must be from there circle friends and relatives. I have once attended something similar and all the selected applicants where already known by the organizers.

We just went to cheer them up and take photos for the promo of there brand grin

Give us the link to the former post and the Intel you say you have. The programme you claim to have attended, is it AYEEN or 'something similar?' We are talking of AYEEN here.
Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by Linzo(m): 9:10pm On Jul 01, 2018
cardiorap:

Give us the link to the former post and the Intel you say you have. The programme you claim to have attended, is it AYEEN or 'something similar?' We are talking of AYEEN here.
I see this fellow as part of that fake AYEEN. I wonder why Nigerians keep extorting their fellows. AYEEN is fake and encourage anyone to run far from them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by Jatinzbusinessc(m): 10:08pm On Jul 01, 2018
cardiorap:

Check my former post and the find them there I don't have that time to go do search for you, what is AYEEN or do you think I will come here and talk what I don't know.

I am a registered member of that scam I paid for there service as a member to there AYE foundation now AYEEN and I can tell you that sees my registration I have never gotten a.

Thanks for your registration as a member of AYE now you have been upgraded to so so so and so. But till date I didn't get any messages from them I even sent them countless of mails just to confirm my registration but no I didn't get any from them.

I was even asked to stop calling there lines they are only interested in donors not collectors.

Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by Jatinzbusinessc(m): 10:20pm On Jul 01, 2018
Linzo:

I see this fellow as part of that fake AYEEN. I wonder why Nigerians keep extorting their fellows. AYEEN is fake and encourage anyone to run far from them

Am going to give him/her what he needs if he is part of them it's his business but they are Frud and I stand by what I have said.
Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by Her4labi(m): 10:38pm On Jul 01, 2018
I will be attending my own defence before the judges on Tuesday...wish me luck and I will give the house a feedback on how it went.

1 Like

Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by Jatinzbusinessc(m): 10:42pm On Jul 01, 2018
What I posted was just a bit I have no access to my 2015 email account. All payments and document attached are on that mail box.

AYEEN is Scam, and the other one I attended was a development firm. All the selected applicants where already known and they already told them what to wear and how it will be.

It was also my first time to be in Lagos state, I just wasted my transport but where ever I go I make sure I have a contact should I visit again and need help to run around.

I was still an undergraduate with a killer business idea (just) an idea of how to improve on Nigerian market. And I got a call because I have been that one lucky person that gets called up when I apply.

Come to Lagos, Maryland gave me they details and asked me to write it down should there be a issue should call back the number.

Trust me everyone that came there was qualified to be selected for the entrepreneurship program and later on grants but all was just for the camera as they say.

Met some guys better than I was back then with degree and masters talked to them on there plans and most of them told me they have applied for AYEEN, 2 to 3 times with the same issue of money pay this pay that when it's not a beauty pageant that you will be given benefit as well as cash.
Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by Jatinzbusinessc(m): 10:52pm On Jul 01, 2018
imagrg:

Same joy is the regional manager Nigeria and that's her email address there, check the photos I posted you will see her name where I mentioned I have been calling and she keeps telling me she will get back to me.

I have learnt alot from a friend and my personal teacher she is a crime buster and she will go deep if anyone is about to be scammed.

Peace of advice talk to more people about it and as far as am concerned I have never had of anyone been a beneficiary of AYEEN and until I here and see but till then they still remain a scam! and Frud is written all over them.

1 Like

Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by Aquilazng(m): 10:54pm On Jul 01, 2018
Ayeen agent have arrived. U doing ur job kwantiniu

cardiorap:

Share your full experience here. Were you invited to be screened by the judges? Were you told you've won the grants? Did you pass through the entrepreneurship (AYEEN) platform or you applied for loan to A.Y.E - the mother body of AYEEN. What stage of participation did you reach?

Mind you, like I mentioned in my reply above, the guy who made that post apologized later, saying he was only aggrieved. But since I've done a lot of research, maybe I should inform you more on that POS talk.

A.Y.E is an organization, while AYEEN is an empowerment programme initiated by A.Y.E. AYEEN gets funding, training etc. from the donations made by members of A.Y.E. Anyone can be a member and support A.Y.E. Some of the high profiled members of A.Y.E are Aliko Dangote, Folorunsho Alakija, Atiku Abubakar and so on.

Mind you that POS at the award night weren't given to beneficiaries to slot their cards, but members and those present there who may wish to also make financial contributions to the organization.
Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by cardiorap: 11:26pm On Jul 01, 2018
Linzo:

You choose to believe what you wish. I only asked vital questions, which could be helpful. Like I mentioned earlier and elsewhere, I was invited to the screening too and I'll be attending.

I have spent quite a very long time to ask questions, make enquiries and research about the programme, and I'm convinced it is real. If spending my money on transportation from Port Harcourt to Lagos is the scam, I don't mind doing that. It's worth it.

If AYEEN is a scam, so be it! Let me scammed for what I believe in. When I'm back from the screening on Saturday, I'll be back to this thread to share my experience.
Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by cardiorap: 11:48pm On Jul 01, 2018
Jatinzbusinessc:

Check my former post and the find them there I don't have that time to go do search for you, what is AYEEN or do you think I will come here and talk what I don't know.

I am a registered member of that scam I paid for there service as a member to there AYE foundation now AYEEN and I can tell you that sees my registration I have never gotten a.

Thanks for your registration as a member of AYE now you have been upgraded to so so so and so. But till date I didn't get any messages from them I even sent them countless of mails just to confirm my registration but no I didn't get any from them.

I was even asked to stop calling there lines they are only interested in donors not collectors.

To start with, my question were of two different things; first a link to the Intel you have and also the programme you referred to as "something similar" if it's AYEEN or another programme. You've only made efforts to address the first part, but not the second part.

To start with, understand that A.Y.E is not the same thing with AYEEN.
A.Y.E means Africa's Young Entrepreneurs, while AYEEN is Africa's Young Entrepreneurs Empowerment Nigeria. AYEEN is an annual project of A.Y.E as an organization. A.Y.E has several members which I mentioned include some top shots.

When you say you paid for membership registration, to be a member of the organisation, it doesn't tally with your screenshots. Your screenshots is about AYEEN and not A.Y.E.

Furthermore, the J18 from is a form for applicants of AYEEN. The form is sold for N3,000 and is for those who don't have a comprehensive business plan, but rather than loose out, they fill this form, which explains their idea better in the absence of a comprehensive business plan.

For the umpteenth time, the J18 form as far as I know, isn't compulsory. Applicants have a choice to make. For those who have a comprehensive business plan, the form is not an option. Personally, I didn't pay for the J18 form since I have a comprehensive business plan.

Why they'd delay responding after you paid for a J18 form I don't know, I believe they should have given you an appropriate explanation with regards to that. Though I know that even this year, they were messages sent severally to those who have paid for the form and didn't receive it instantly to exercise patience and give a space of about two days.

I have followed A.Y.E/AYEEN and their history closely for some months now, and I can tell you that I believe in it.
Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by cardiorap: 11:51pm On Jul 01, 2018
Her4labi:
I will be attending my own defence before the judges on Tuesday...wish me luck and I will give the house a feedback on how it went.

Please I'll be waiting, mine is on Saturday. Don't fail to give us a feedback.
Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by Jatinzbusinessc(m): 12:51am On Jul 02, 2018
cardiorap:

To start with, my question were of two different things; first a link to the Intel you have and also the programme you referred to as "something similar" if it's AYEEN or another programme. You've only made efforts to address the first part, but not the second part.

To start with, understand that A.Y.E is not the same thing with AYEEN.
A.Y.E means Africa's Young Entrepreneurs, while AYEEN is Africa's Young Entrepreneurs Empowerment Nigeria. AYEEN is an annual project of A.Y.E as an organization. A.Y.E has several members which I mentioned include some top shots.

When you say you paid for membership registration, to be a member of the organisation, it doesn't tally with your screenshots. Your screenshots is about AYEEN and not A.Y.E.

Furthermore, the J18 from is a form for applicants of AYEEN. The form is sold for N3,000 and is for those who don't have a comprehensive business plan, but rather than loose out, they fill this form, which explains their idea better in the absence of a comprehensive business plan.

For the umpteenth time, the J18 form as far as I know, isn't compulsory. Applicants have a choice to make. For those who have a comprehensive business plan, the form is not an option. Personally, I didn't pay for the J18 form since I have a comprehensive business plan.

Why they'd delay responding after you paid for a J18 form I don't know, I believe they should have given you an appropriate explanation with regards to that. Though I know that even this year, they were messages sent severally to those who have paid for the form and didn't receive it instantly to exercise patience and give a space of about two days.

I have followed A.Y.E/AYEEN and their history closely for some months now, and I can tell you that I believe in it.

This is my last reply to your mentions I already told you that I lost all my mail of 2015/16 and.

If as you have said you made research on them and have come across a benefactor, that's good and am not arguing with you. Kindly Note that I said AYE and AYEEN foundation is a scam I didn't make any payment to AYE but to AYEEN foundation which I believe is owned by 1 person. And after my payment I did everything a member was instructed to do and till date as am typing this I have not gotten a reply of you are now a member all benefits of members will be given to you.

This benefits include access to grants
Access to any work program organized by AYEEN
and the least is just there and you should NOTE that I didn't ask you not to attend someone asked about AYEEN and I have a first hand experience of them and I say it's a very big SCAM. this is my personal opinion and this is all I want you to know they are scam

Success in your screening and.
Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by bigfoot79(m): 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2018
Any feedbacks guys?
Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by imagrg(m): 8:43pm On Jul 16, 2018
bigfoot79:
Any feedbacks guys?
Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by candygirl4real: 6:13pm On Mar 03, 2019
We need beneficiaries of 2018, come and share your experiences on this thread. 2019 is here again.
Come and lead me by the hand oh. Let me no if its what pursuing or not.

Contacts of any 2018 beneficiary will be highly appreciated. I need to talk to u.
Thanks.
Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by Jimwalex(m): 7:32am On Apr 03, 2019
I wonder why people like Her4labi, cardiorap, who promised to come and give feed back didn't do that again..
Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by Adulphus(m): 7:46am On Apr 03, 2019
Jimwalex:
I wonder why people like Her4labi, cardiorap, who promised to come and give feed back didn't do that again..

Their EYES done clear grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by cardiorap: 2:47am On Apr 06, 2019
Jimwalex:

Lol... Count me out o mbok
Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by Jimwalex(m): 6:25am On Apr 07, 2019
cardiorap:

Lol... Count me out o mbok
But bro,u promised to give feed back na. On a serious note,please how did whole thing go last year? What would you sincerely advise some of us planning to register for this year? Thank you
Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by cardiorap: 10:23am On Apr 07, 2019
Jimwalex:

But bro,u promised to give feed back na. On a serious note,please how did whole thing go last year? What would you sincerely advise some of us planning to register for this year? Thank you

AYEEN for me was an experience. It put me on my feet to prepare effectively for the entreprenuial task ahead of me.

I went for the screening last year, I passed through series of them, and the regular "job interview line" followed (I believe you understand what I mean).

I never got funding or support, but at the same time, I'd be careful on whatever I'd say. All the same, I don't see myself applying for it again, not even in the nearest future. I have already gotten the experience, it has already put me on my feet.

For someone planning to register this year, I'd leave you to make your choice, but I'd say you shouldn't expect too much, don't put all hopes there.

Things I benefited from applying;
1. It made me increase my pace. The quest to meet up deadlines and also win, made me put in more work than I'd have done normally.

2. It made me register a limited liability company at a time I could have kept on with procrastination.

3. It made me come up with a concrete business plan and blueprint.

4. I was able to assess myself by myself on how far I've gone.

5. It prepared my mind towards other grants and their realities.

All the work I put in to win AYEEN Grant, was what formed the basis of my readiness and understanding, which I used to scale through in The Tony Elumelu Foundation's Entrepreneurship Grant.

Note: All the things mentioned above, are things I did personally without any aid or fund from AYEEN or any other party. The zeal to scale through in AYEEN was only the motivation behind the milestones.

My observation on grants in this part of the world; the realest of the all is Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme.

2 Likes

Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by Jimwalex(m): 11:20am On Apr 08, 2019
cardiorap:

AYEEN for me was an experience. It put me on my feet to prepare effectively for the entreprenuial task ahead of me.

I went for the screening last year, I passed through series of them, and the regular "job interview line" followed (I believe you understand what I mean).

I never got funding or support, but at the same time, I'd be careful on whatever I'd say. All the same, I don't see myself applying for it again, not even in the nearest future. I have already gotten the experience, it has already put me on my feet.

For someone planning to register this year, I'd leave you to make your choice, but I'd say you shouldn't expect too much, don't put all hopes there.

Things I benefited from applying;
1. It made me increase my pace. The quest to meet up deadlines and also win, made me put in more work than I'd have done normally.

2. It made me register a limited liability company at a time I could have kept on with procrastination.

3. It made me come up with a concrete business plan and blueprint.

4. I was able to assess myself by myself on how far I've gone.

5. It prepared my mind towards other grants and their realities.

All the work I put in to win AYEEN Grant, was what formed the basis of my readiness and understanding, which I used to scale through in The Tony Elumelu Foundation's Entrepreneurship Grant.

Note: All the things mentioned above, are things I did personally without any aid or fund from AYEEN or any other party. The zeal to scale through in AYEEN was only the motivation behind the milestones.

My observation on grants in this part of the world; the realest of the all is Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme.

Wow..thank you for the depth analysis of your experience in AYEEN. You really took your time to answer my questions. How I wish those who were planning to apply for this year AYEEN can get to see this to make decisions on weather or not to apply. Honesty, I really appreciate your response. Thank you.

One more thing bro, I still have some personal requests to make from you,of course that is if you don't mind. I will appreciate your mobile number or email,please!
Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by cardiorap: 10:33pm On Apr 08, 2019
son.god84@yahoo.com
Re: Is AYEEN 2018 Real? by cardiorap: 10:56am On Nov 05, 2019
Hi guys!

So I have created a Telegram group with intention to guide interested applicants for TEF 2020.

I'm not a Nairaland freak, so I don't know if the rules permits sharing of group links. If it does I don't mind sharing it here.

Please kindly comment here if you're interested in joining the group.

(1) (Reply)

Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident / Nigerian Abroad Looking For Business Ideas From His Fellow Nigerians / Green With Basketball

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.