Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World (20005 Views)

Most Popular Luxury Car Brands And Where They Are Produced(photos) / What Car Is The Most Popular For Women In Nigeria? / 5 Most Popular Car Brands In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by Automotive1(m): 2:34am On Jul 02, 2018

The 3-wheelers may not be as popular as the 4-wheeled motor vehicles ,but we almost forget that the first official motor vehicle, the Benz Patent-Motorwagen (equipped with an internal combustion engine) built in 1885 by Karl Benz, has three wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6khkjaD96U?t=34

Presently, India is the world's largest three-wheeler industry with market leader Bajaj Auto, Piaggio coming second and Mahindra accounting for over 85% of the industry sales.

Here in Nigeria, there are lots of three-wheeled vehicles with different designs plying our roads such as the Polaris Slingshot and the popular bajaj RE that is also known as Keke Napep.

Below are some of the petrol powered 3-wheelers around the world.

1)Polaris Slingshot

The 173 hp waterproof and no roof 3-wheeler has two wheels at the front and one at the back.

It has a tilt-adjustable steering wheel and is powered by a 2.4-liter General inline 4-cylinder engine

2)Bajaj RE 3-Wheeler

The ever rugged 4/5? Seatter bajaj RE 3-Wheeler found on Naija roads is powered by a Twin Spark, 4 - stroke DTSi petrol engine and has a top speed of 65km/h.

3)Carver One

The Carver is a tilting 3-wheeler that uses automatic balancing tech to balance the passenger compartment.

It is powered by a Turbocharged 4-stroke 16-valve inline-four Transmission engine enough to take it from 0 to 62 miles/hr in 8.0 seconds.

4)Morgan 3-Wheeler

Is a 2 seat roadster or sports car with 2-cylinder petrol engine that makes it accelerate from 0 to 60 mph (97 km/h) in 4.5 seconds.It has a top speed of 115 mph.

5)Vanderhall Venice Roadster

Vanderhall has automotive-style heated seats with three-point shoulder belts.
It is powered by General Motors LUV 1.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that will take it from 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds.

6)Campagna T-Rex

It has two seats with adjustable seat backs, a foot-pedal box, and retractable three-point seat belts.It is powered by BMW's inline 6 cylinder engine.

Which of these is your favourite 3-Wheeler?
Feel free to add to the lists.

https://autojosh.com/see-the-most-popular-three-wheelers-around-the-world/

7 Likes

Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by Dottore: 2:41am On Jul 02, 2018
Fine machines. I don't mind having the Campagna T-Rex any idea of the price pls

6 Likes

Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by SoftP(m): 2:42am On Jul 02, 2018

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:54am On Jul 02, 2018
BAJAJ IS BAE!
But it is my least favorite in the list tho

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:59am On Jul 02, 2018
Dottore:

I bet you don't wanna know that amount in Naira paddy....

In case you do, have it. 20300000 .... use toothpick to count the numbers grin cheesy.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 02, 2018
And where is Keke Marwa? Cos na with wetin Abba Kyari dey use burst criminals

2 Likes

Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 9:57am On Jul 02, 2018
embarassed
Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by Seanpizzy10: 9:57am On Jul 02, 2018
K
Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by OChimex: 9:57am On Jul 02, 2018
k

13 Likes

Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by veacea: 9:58am On Jul 02, 2018
Am not understanding biko, ko yee mi
Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by kereman1: 10:01am On Jul 02, 2018
Ugly
Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by holluwai(m): 10:01am On Jul 02, 2018
who put that MARUWA there? grin

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 02, 2018
post=69003381:

In case you do, have it. 20300000 .... use toothpick to count the numbersgrin cheesy.
Lolz

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by wildcatter23(m): 10:03am On Jul 02, 2018
Common golf make sense pass these three legs
Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by Jay5mie: 10:03am On Jul 02, 2018
post=69003381:

In case you do, have it. 20300000 .... use toothpick to count the numbers grin cheesy.
He meant the 1994 model

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by dfrost: 10:07am On Jul 02, 2018
OChimex:
k

cheesy grin Picture got me bruh. Kai.

1 Like

Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by indigenous234(f): 10:12am On Jul 02, 2018
I love that campagna T-Rex but to think you expect me to count 20mil just to buy a glorified Okada suggests you must be an APC/Bubu supporter.

After all, Bubu cuts his hair with 89mil,

Whats my own sef,?

5 Likes

Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by rahl12(m): 10:14am On Jul 02, 2018
Please nairalanders,
I need a job. I am a graduate of Mechanical Engineering. I am a serving Corp member in kwara state, will be passing out at first week of July 2018. Please I need your help as I am willing to work in any film within or outside the state.
Please help a brother. I have experienced in operations and maintenance various of machines, with a required knowledge of AutoCAD design.

PLEASE HELP BROTHER HERE.

HERE IS MY EMAIL: abraham20john20@gmail.com
Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by Jrevelation(m): 10:15am On Jul 02, 2018
Number Two hmmmm

actually shows how develop we are
Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by vioment: 10:20am On Jul 02, 2018
Carver one.

keke two.

Who goes there
Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by obembet(f): 10:22am On Jul 02, 2018
Still the best..

Tiwa n tiwa

Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by Airoflaw(m): 11:40am On Jul 02, 2018
rahl12:
Please nairalanders,
I need a job. I am a graduate of Mechanical Engineering. I am a serving Corp member in kwara state, will be passing out at first week of July 2018. Please I need your help as I am willing to work in any film within or outside the state.
Please help a brother. I have experienced in operations and maintenance various of machines, with a required knowledge of AutoCAD design.

PLEASE HELP BROTHER HERE.

HERE IS MY EMAIL: abraham20john20@gmail.com
guy wetin na, no b only you dey find job...get something doing with that skill of yours in AutoCAD, you can organise a training and start from there
Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 02, 2018
Dottore:

I’ve been after one for a while.

I need one that match my tricycle grin

Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by Exponental(m): 11:57am On Jul 02, 2018
how can you describe bajaj as found on naija road. I have known bajaj in India before Marwa brought it to Lagos, then later Napep!
Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 02, 2018
obembet:
Still the best..

Tiwa n tiwa
Not the best, but the most affordable.
Not even "Tiwa n tiwa", because they are Indian made.
Re: The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World by Emycord: 1:14pm On Jul 02, 2018
TVS Best So Far Forget Bajaj AND Piaggio

(1) (Reply)

New Cars Vs Tokunbo Cars In Nigeria / 14 Most Common Problems With Used And Second-hand Cars / Various Car Brands And What They Are Known For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.