Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:44 AM

NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse (3856 Views)

Qatar Ambassador Ali Al-hajri Endorses Campaign Against Drug / Enugu Youths Campaign Against meth On The Streets (Video, Photos) / NIMET Partners With Tagwaye Foundation On Drug And Substance Abuse Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse by chidima2019: 6:48am On Jul 02, 2018
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has advocated for security-tightened borders to checkmate influx of unregistered pharmaceutical products into the country.

The agency said all land borders, including Onne and Tincan Island ports should remain shut as entry points for pharmaceuticals.

In a similar vein, the Vice Chancellor of the University of Benin (UNIBEN), Prof. Faraday Orumwense, has harped on the urgent need to address drug abuse on campuses.

Director-General of NAFDAC, Prof. Moji Christianah Adeyeye, who gave the advice at the weekend at a symposium on “Problems of Drug/Substance Abuse organised by UNIBEN in Benin City, Edo State, attributed abuse of hard drug among youths to lack of due diligence to ensure the integrity of the distribution chain, which according to her, has led to illicit channels and to traders with little or no knowledge of the public health consequences of codeine-containing products.

The NAFDAC boss, represented by Edo State co-ordinator of the agency, Esther Itua, decried reports of clearance of drugs at unapproved entry points.

Orumwense, represented by the Deputy Vice Chancellor (DVC), Prof. Pius Irihogbe, said there is urgent need to address drug abuse in campuses, adding: “Life is all about human beings and their existence. The more we come together to exchange ideas, break new grounds on campaign against this life-threatening menace, the better we shall be.”

Besides, pharmacists, under the aegis of Board of Fellows (BoF) of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (PSN), have launched a five-year campaign against drug abuse to curtail the adverse effect of the scourge.

Chairman, BoF, Chiedu Mordi, said this during the 2018 yearly meeting and award ceremony of the pharmacists in Lagos.

NAFDAC DG, who spoke at the event, said the agency had engaged young pharmacists’ group to lead a nationwide campaign against drug abuse.

She charged the citizens to play an individual role in terms of nation building.

Also, President, PSN, Ahmed Yakasai, said: “I must appreciate the Director-General, NAFDAC, Prof. Moji Adeyeye, for using the young pharmacists group nationwide in fighting against drug abuse. This is surely the way to safeguard the lives of our youths as they are great resources for nation-building.”

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/07/nafdac-uniben-pharmacists-intensify.html

Re: NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse by Cosplay: 7:04am On Jul 02, 2018
Progress
Re: NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse by Ellabae(f): 7:04am On Jul 02, 2018
Good one
Re: NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse by tim1256(m): 7:04am On Jul 02, 2018
That's highly needed
Re: NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:05am On Jul 02, 2018
SAY NO TO DRUGS
Re: NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse by hemartins(m): 7:07am On Jul 02, 2018
Awareness of the harmful effects is very important.
More Non government organizations should also be involved in this fight to reduce the menace drugs has caused.
Re: NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse by lordcabasa(m): 7:07am On Jul 02, 2018
Body dey pain me

Way the Tramadol

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 02, 2018
good one from nafdac and my Alma mater.. I thought they have changed the VC. when is his tenure ending.
Re: NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse by Alejoc(m): 7:09am On Jul 02, 2018
Pls continue fighting this menace!
Re: NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse by Seanpizzy10: 7:11am On Jul 02, 2018
K
Re: NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse by cheddahboy(m): 7:11am On Jul 02, 2018
Naso
Re: NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse by obojememe: 7:15am On Jul 02, 2018
am a culprit thou...
Re: NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse by johnmattew: 7:15am On Jul 02, 2018
nowadays,when u tell people u don't drink or smoke,u will be likened to a dummy, inexperienced and uncivilised individual.....it's really sad that drug abuse have taken over nigeria.

but why are these campaigners only on inhalable and swallowable drugs when bleaching cream alone is the biggest drug abuse in lagos especially
Re: NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 02, 2018
Our youths are totally unCODEINated because of hard drugs. I hope this one touches more hearts to run from drugs.
Re: NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse by bgossipnaija(f): 7:18am On Jul 02, 2018
Top stories that made the headlines today

Killings: Without state police, we risk more attacks, says Ekweremadu - Punch
Mon, 02 Jul 2018
The Deputy President of the Senate, Ike Ekweremadu, has taken the campaign for restructuring to the United States of America.

To give fillip to this, Ekweremadu is set to sponsor a bill to decentralise Nigeria’s policing system.
This, he said, was in response to the rising insecurity in the country, particularly the killing of over 100 people in 11 villages in Plateau State by armed Fulani herders.

https://www.nairaland.com/4593709/newspapers-review-stories-made-headlines

Re: NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse by israelmao(m): 7:26am On Jul 02, 2018
Campaign is not out of the way but government must rise up to the challenges of properly engaging the minds of Nigerian youth.
Re: NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse by Elijahrona(m): 7:32am On Jul 02, 2018
Uniport students campaign against Plastic pollution and other environmental issues

https://www.nairaland.com/4590705/uniport-students-campaign-against-plastic
Re: NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse by cezarman(m): 7:47am On Jul 02, 2018
Trams, roachie and my igbo all day, everyday... No apologies. I love my shii and I can afford them. Life sweet... Even if I wan die young, I know say I don enjoy my short life sha.

If you quote me, you're a mumu human beignsmiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse by cezarman(m): 7:55am On Jul 02, 2018
lordcabasa:
Body dey pain me

Way the Tramadol
Hehe!
How many mg you want? All of them dey nicheesy
Re: NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse by Adebowhales(m): 8:33am On Jul 02, 2018
Tramadol na 500 per sachet for aboki shop for my area now. No be small something. May Jehova provides money for us to buy.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 02, 2018
symposium.. symposium always.. all white paper talk with huge expenses, no action.. that naija

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse by Randy100: 9:01am On Jul 02, 2018
[color=#006600][/colornice one]
Re: NAFDAC, UNIBEN, Pharmacists Intensify Campaign Against Drug, Substance Abuse by UNRULY(m): 10:10am On Jul 02, 2018
Say no to drugs and yes to Ganja

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Taking Care Of Your Skin This Harmattan Season / How To Treat Heart Burn / Disposable Pants For Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.