Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:10 AM

Are These Killings Ethnic Or Religious- An Analysis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are These Killings Ethnic Or Religious- An Analysis (337 Views)

Why Nigerians Don’t Protest About All These Killings? / Army Reacts To Borno, Katsina Attack: 'We’ll Punish Those Behind These Killings’ / Stop These Killings Now Or Resign - Timi Frank Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are These Killings Ethnic Or Religious- An Analysis by Joevics(m): 8:34am On Jul 02, 2018
I read a post by a friend castigating Oyedepo and other Christians leaders for their stance on the Plateau and Benue killings.

According to him; saying there is an Islamic undertone to the violence is heating the policy as Muslim leaders can also begin the same campaign against Christians.

Though, I think its more of an ethnic than a religious fracas, The widely reported incidence of an Imam hiding 200+ Christians caught my attention.

The question begging for answers is why the Imam was confident his house will not be attacked, If actually the killings are random as been purported.
Why did those people (Christians) run there if not that they think the Imams house will not be attacked.

I don't want to mention the reluctance on the side of the military and police in the whole sequence, which rules out the possibility of it been political.

So many issues about this killing seems wierd, however when properly analyzed smear of not just ethnic but religious intent as being propagated by these Pastors.
Re: Are These Killings Ethnic Or Religious- An Analysis by Donald95(m): 8:51am On Jul 02, 2018
But MURIC Has been defending them

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Political Future Rests On My Re-election—buhari / Your Edo Rigging Template Won't Work In Ekiti, Fayose Replies Oshiomhole / Saraki Persevered Through Court Processes – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.