Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,061 members, 7,953,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:30 PM

Nysc Info For Foreign Trained Nigerian Students. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nysc Info For Foreign Trained Nigerian Students. (11451 Views)

Info For All Those Who Want To Travel To Vietnam To Buy Clothes/shoes Etc / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc Info For Foreign Trained Nigerian Students. by Laughter1(m): 4:51pm On Jun 08, 2010
Great Nairalanders, particular those who work with the NYSC corp or those who have info. My friends and I are conisdering returning for NYSC BATCH C this year, We are foreign trained Nigerian graduates. We were informed that there is usually a Batch C starting in October/November time. Is this true as we didn't see this on their website?

Another thing I find worrying is that they now state on their website that we foreign trained graduates have no choice of where to serve, like nigerian home students . This was contradictory to what many people claim that Int'l students are allowed to choose where to serve. Is this the current practise by NYSC or just a statement on their website? pls see below (as copied from their website)

MOBILISATION OF FOREIGN-TRAINED NIGERIAN GRADUATES INTO / EXEMPTION AND CLEARANCE FROM NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CORPS SCHEME.

A) Mobilisation

Nigerian foreign trained graduates will have to report at the Directorate before they shall be rnobilised for service in the National YouthServiceCorpsScheme. They should note that like the home trained graduates, they have no choice ofwhere to serve. A prospective Corps member will be mobilised for NYSC if he is under the age of 3O or had graduated before the age of 30.

(B) REQUIREMENTS

Original and Photocopy each of all academic credentials including:

a) First Degree Certificate BA, B.SC, HND.

b) Complete transcriptof the degree or HND

c) Marks Sheets ( for Indian schools only)

d) ' O'Levels i.e WASC, WAEC, GCE, SSCE, NECO,IGCE, high school Dilopma 'or High School Diploma

e)Registration certificate with Medical Dental Council of Nigeria ( for doctors only)

f) Registration certificate with Pharmacist Council of Nigeria ( for Pharmacists only)

g) Nigeria International passport Showing the following:

i) First Departure date from Nigeria

ii) Student Visa

iii) Last arrival date into Nigeria

h)Three (3) Passport size photographs

(C) CALL-UP LETTER

In accordance with the decree which established the Scheme, only the eligible candidate ( Nigeria foreign training graduate) will collect a call-up letter for service in the NYSC scheme from the Directorate
Re: Nysc Info For Foreign Trained Nigerian Students. by nat138: 11:16pm On Jun 08, 2010
There is usually a batch C for oct/Nov and I doubt if this yr will be an exception to that effect.
If you have finished school and have all your certificates ready, the earlier you go back to Nigeria and start the process, the better. Also if you have relatives in Abuja, then they could find out for you when they will start the registration of foreign trained graduates.
Lastly, I guess the point about not being able to chose your statement of deployment is new, because all along, foreign trained graduates have been given that option. But if you have relatives or friends that could confirm all these info in Abuja for you, then you will be more informed.
Cheers!
Re: Nysc Info For Foreign Trained Nigerian Students. by Laughter1(m): 1:35pm On Jun 09, 2010
@ Nat138 thanks for your response.

Yes I finished Uni last year and definitely looking forward to get NYSC out of the way. I am just waiting for the BATCH C time table to be out, so as to know when exactly to go and resgister at the directorate in Abuja. I really hope what they claim on their website is not true about foreign students not having a choice of where to serve. I guess I just need to get people to confirm that for me. tnx cool
Re: Nysc Info For Foreign Trained Nigerian Students. by DisGuy: 2:28pm On Jun 09, 2010
Have you considered asking them directly? They should have a phone number

gathered in the past batch c is or some batches are optional, as in they create batch according to the number available (or complaint from those that miss B) or budget and time table seeing as they dont have fixed annual time table- not official
Re: Nysc Info For Foreign Trained Nigerian Students. by Dclique(m): 5:36pm On Jun 27, 2014
You can also read about NYSC Requirement for Foreign Trained Graduates here http://www.bukasblog.com.ng/2014/02/nysc-requirement-foreign-trained-graduates-problems-experienced.html
Re: Nysc Info For Foreign Trained Nigerian Students. by WinyEne: 8:21pm On Jan 29, 2016
Please i am a foreign trained graduate who wants to register for the batch A, but I do not have my original Waec with me except copy but i have the original of other certificates and am currently in ghana doing a course to finish to finish in next month end. Please can I register with the copy online and produce the original at the CAMP? Pls let me know.. Thank you.
Re: Nysc Info For Foreign Trained Nigerian Students. by Empress2014(f): 11:53am On Jan 30, 2016
Laughter1:
Great Nairalanders, particular those who work with the NYSC corp or those who have info. My friends and I are conisdering returning for NYSC BATCH C this year, We are foreign trained Nigerian graduates. We were informed that there is usually a Batch C starting in October/November time. Is this true as we didn't see this on their website?

Another thing I find worrying is that they now state on their website that we foreign trained graduates have no choice of where to serve, like nigerian home students . This was contradictory to what many people claim that Int'l students are allowed to choose where to serve. Is this the current practise by NYSC or just a statement on their website? pls see below (as copied from their website)

MOBILISATION OF FOREIGN-TRAINED NIGERIAN GRADUATES INTO / EXEMPTION AND CLEARANCE FROM NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CORPS SCHEME.

A) Mobilisation

Nigerian foreign trained graduates will have to report at the Directorate before they shall be rnobilised for service in the National YouthServiceCorpsScheme. They should note that like the home trained graduates, they have no choice ofwhere to serve. A prospective Corps member will be mobilised for NYSC if he is under the age of 3O or had graduated before the age of 30.

(B) REQUIREMENTS

Original and Photocopy each of all academic credentials including:

a) First Degree Certificate BA, B.SC, HND.

b) Complete transcriptof the degree or HND

c) Marks Sheets ( for Indian schools only)

d) ' O'Levels i.e WASC, WAEC, GCE, SSCE, NECO,IGCE, high school Dilopma 'or High School Diploma

e)Registration certificate with Medical Dental Council of Nigeria ( for doctors only)

f) Registration certificate with Pharmacist Council of Nigeria ( for Pharmacists only)

g) Nigeria International passport Showing the following:

i) First Departure date from Nigeria

ii) Student Visa

iii) Last arrival date into Nigeria

h)Three (3) Passport size photographs

(C) CALL-UP LETTER

In accordance with the decree which established the Scheme, only the eligible candidate ( Nigeria foreign training graduate) will collect a call-up letter for service in the NYSC scheme from the Directorate

that's true, int'l students aren't allowed to choose state they want. However, prospective corp members(both local and int'l) are given opportunity to choose three states and nysc will post you to one out of the three you choose, I am also an foreign trained graduate and am a Batch B15 corp member, funny enough out of the three states I choose, I wasn't posted to any of them, I was posted to a state I didn't choose...but it's cool anyway
Re: Nysc Info For Foreign Trained Nigerian Students. by Empress2014(f): 11:56am On Jan 30, 2016
WinyEne:
Please i am a foreign trained graduate who wants to register for the batch A, but I do not have my original Waec with me except copy but i have the original of other certificates and am currently in ghana doing a course to finish to finish in next month end. Please can I register with the copy online and produce the original at the CAMP? Pls let me know.. Thank you.
you have to get your original Waec cert, I got mine too before I registered online,infact you can't get your evaluation letter without your original Waec cert. If you had your tertiary education in Ghana, you will need to evaluate your cert before nysc

1 Like

Re: Nysc Info For Foreign Trained Nigerian Students. by Dreydoe(m): 12:20pm On Oct 14, 2016
Empress2014:
you have to get your original Waec cert, I got mine too before I registered online,infact you can't get your evaluation letter without your original Waec cert. If you had your tertiary education in Ghana, you will need to evaluate your cert before nysc

pls how can i get evualtion letter in Lagos and d total amount

need reply ASAP. thanks
Re: Nysc Info For Foreign Trained Nigerian Students. by Empress2014(f): 11:00am On Oct 15, 2016
Dreydoe:

pls how can i get evualtion letter in Lagos and d total amount

need reply ASAP. thanks
I dont know if u can get it in lagos, I only know about abuja. Go to ministry of education in abuja with your complete docs, e.g certificates(waec and degree), transcript,travel docs
Re: Nysc Info For Foreign Trained Nigerian Students. by Dreydoe(m): 2:20pm On Oct 15, 2016
Empress2014:
I dont know if u can get it in lagos, I only know about abuja. Go to ministry of education in abuja with your complete docs, e.g certificates(waec and degree), transcript,travel docs
have been to state ministry of education in Lagos.ikeja

was told to bring my docs with 10k

how much is it in abuja
Re: Nysc Info For Foreign Trained Nigerian Students. by Dclique(m): 11:24pm On Apr 26, 2018
Dclique:
You can also read about NYSC Requirement for Foreign Trained Graduates here http://bukasblog.com.ng/2014/02/nysc-requirement-foreign-trained-graduates-problems-experienced.html
Re: Nysc Info For Foreign Trained Nigerian Students. by Hotstepper(f): 4:38am On Apr 27, 2018
Unfortunately u cannot choose any longer. u go to.where you are posted
Re: Nysc Info For Foreign Trained Nigerian Students. by topsyking: 1:16pm On Apr 27, 2018
I just hate this nysc shit with perfect hatred. you study abroad ,why come back for one useless service that should have been scrapped.
I hated it rigfht from my high school days and am happy not to be part of it.

(1) (Reply)

US To Tighten Student Visa Rules After Boston Bombing / Which African Passport Is Best To Travel Out From Thailand? / Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.