Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Ondo To Become Africa’s Technology Innovative Destination – Governor Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo To Become Africa’s Technology Innovative Destination – Governor Akeredolu (680 Views)

Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF / Nigeria Has Become Africa's Money-losing Machine - Forbes Magazine / National School Feeding Programme To Become Africa's Largest By End Of 2018 - VP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo To Become Africa’s Technology Innovative Destination – Governor Akeredolu by Lautechgossip(m): 9:46pm On Jul 02, 2018
Ondo State governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, has reiterated his administration’s commitment to make the state a technology and innovation destination of choice for Africa and the world at large.

Akeredolu who noted that information and Communication Technology (ICT) is the language of the present age, assured the people of the state that his administration is determined to tap into the vast benefits of the ICT to empower youths.

The governor spoke on Monday during the commissioning of Akure Tech-Up at the Federal University of Technology, Akure, FUTA.

The Akure Tech-Up is a tripartite collaboration between the Ondo State government, FUTA and Tech-Up, a Non-governmental Organisation (NGO).

The Tech-Up was set up to create an avenue for the promotion of technologies and for the exchange of ideas of business start-ups and development for youths.

Governor Akeredolu commended the contributions of a philantrophist and businessman, Chief Rotimi Ibidapo, to the successful completion of the Tech-Up building at FUTA Biological Garden.

He said: “History has it that many IT giants who rose from Ondo State are making great impacts in ICT world. For instance, Philip Emegwali, born in Akure in 1954 had made great contributions to the development of the internet.

“Many of the students at FUTA both former and present are making great impacts in ICT. All these are indications that we have the potential and the technology here with us that are needed to be developed.

“Besides, Tech-Up FUTA is the first of its kind in the South Western part of Nigeria and it is my belief that it will spur a revolution in technology products and service delivery with its core focus to give the general community a facility where they can bring their ideas to life.”

http://kikiotolu.com/ondo-to-become-africas-technology-innovative-destination-governor-akeredolu/

Re: Ondo To Become Africa’s Technology Innovative Destination – Governor Akeredolu by LaudableXX: 10:02pm On Jul 02, 2018
Aketi thinks that it is by big empty speeches that Ondo state can become a technology hub? I laugh in Mandarin! cheesy This is the same man that increased school fees in all state-owned institutions by more than 100%, and started charging high rates, for a lot of services that used to be almost free. So he thinks by pricing education out of the reach of the majority of citizens, the state can get skilled candidates that will transform it by creating technologically innovative products and services? Wait first...let me collect my zobo, before I comment further. wink

3 Likes

Re: Ondo To Become Africa’s Technology Innovative Destination – Governor Akeredolu by CSTR1003: 11:24pm On Jul 02, 2018
lol.
What are these people smoking?
maybe, he is talking about yahoo boys.
Re: Ondo To Become Africa’s Technology Innovative Destination – Governor Akeredolu by Lomprico2: 2:10am On Jul 03, 2018
Abeg! Gerarahere!! angry
Re: Ondo To Become Africa’s Technology Innovative Destination – Governor Akeredolu by adadike(f): 3:29am On Jul 03, 2018
Na nro k'o nife?
Re: Ondo To Become Africa’s Technology Innovative Destination – Governor Akeredolu by Victorygold(m): 3:37am On Jul 03, 2018
Lautechgossip:
Ondo State governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, has reiterated his administration’s commitment to make the state a technology and innovation destination of choice for Africa and the world at large.

Akeredolu who noted that information and Communication Technology (ICT) is the language of the present age, assured the people of the state that his administration is determined to tap into the vast benefits of the ICT to empower youths.

If true, abeg use ur PVC against him asap

The governor spoke on Monday during the commissioning of Akure Tech-Up at the Federal University of Technology, Akure, FUTA.

The Akure Tech-Up is a tripartite collaboration between the Ondo State government, FUTA and Tech-Up, a Non-governmental Organisation (NGO).

The Tech-Up was set up to create an avenue for the promotion of technologies and for the exchange of ideas of business start-ups and development for youths.

Governor Akeredolu commended the contributions of a philantrophist and businessman, Chief Rotimi Ibidapo, to the successful completion of the Tech-Up building at FUTA Biological Garden.

He said: “History has it that many IT giants who rose from Ondo State are making great impacts in ICT world. For instance, Philip Emegwali, born in Akure in 1954 had made great contributions to the development of the internet.

“Many of the students at FUTA both former and present are making great impacts in ICT. All these are indications that we have the potential and the technology here with us that are needed to be developed.

“Besides, Tech-Up FUTA is the first of its kind in the South Western part of Nigeria and it is my belief that it will spur a revolution in technology products and service delivery with its core focus to give the general community a facility where they can bring their ideas to life.”

http://kikiotolu.com/ondo-to-become-africas-technology-innovative-destination-governor-akeredolu/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Fynestboi Ishilove
Re: Ondo To Become Africa’s Technology Innovative Destination – Governor Akeredolu by Victorygold(m): 3:40am On Jul 03, 2018
LaudableXX:
Aketi thinks that it is by big empty speeches that Ondo state can become a technology hub? I laugh in Mandarin! cheesy This is the same man that increased school fees in all state-owned institutions by more than 100%, and started charging high rates, for a lot of services that used to be almost free. So he thinks by pricing education out of the reach of the majority of citizens, the state can get skilled candidates that will transform it by creating technologically innovative products and services? Wait first...let me collect my zobo, before I comment further. wink
Re: Ondo To Become Africa’s Technology Innovative Destination – Governor Akeredolu by weyreypey: 5:40am On Jul 03, 2018
Arabinrin Akeredolu
Re: Ondo To Become Africa’s Technology Innovative Destination – Governor Akeredolu by crispus09(m): 8:22am On Jul 03, 2018
ok let's wait for it
Re: Ondo To Become Africa’s Technology Innovative Destination – Governor Akeredolu by buchilino(m): 9:30am On Jul 03, 2018
I ADMIRE HIS VISION, BUT ONDO STILL HAVE DECADES B4 REACHING ABA STANDARDS. WHICH CURRENTLY ISN'T WONDERFUL.
Re: Ondo To Become Africa’s Technology Innovative Destination – Governor Akeredolu by LaudableXX: 9:54am On Jul 03, 2018
Victorygold:
Well, since I am not from Ondo state, and neither do I live there, how would that be possible?

buchilino:
I ADMIRE HIS VISION, BUT ONDO STILL HAVE DECADES B4 REACHING ABA STANDARDS. WHICH CURRENTLY ISN'T WONDERFUL.
Aba standard? What is that? shocked Was there any mention of Aba in the OP's post?

(1) (Reply)

What Will Happen To Returned Abacha's Loot Explained In A Artwork / Ekiti Guber: Fayose’s Fall Came With A Thud, Not A Bang – Garba Shehu / Can Akpabio Announce His Defection In UK, To Give It International Colouration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.