Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

10 Legal Things Cops Don't Want You To Know - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 10 Legal Things Cops Don't Want You To Know (1054 Views)

Cops Who Killed Osaze Osagie, Nigerian Student In US, Cleared Of Charges / You Are Treating Me Like A Black Person - White Man Tells Cops (Photos & Video) / 10 Things Police Officers Don’t Want You To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Legal Things Cops Don't Want You To Know by trantoan: 3:47am On Jul 03, 2018
Source: https://naijauto.com/market-news/10-legal-things-cops-dont-want-you-to-know-200

You are protected by law while traveling.
1. Bail is free.

2. In accordance with Section 35(2) of Constitution (1999) and Section 6, the ACJA Act 2015, when put under arrest, you can keep silent.

3. In accordance with Section 6(2)(a) 2015 Administration of Criminal Justice Act, as you are questioned, you have to get your lawyer to present.

When put under arrest, you can keep silent

4. As stipulated in Section 8, 2015 Administration of Criminal Justice Act and Section 34, Constitution (1999), it is illegal to inflict torture unlawful treatment on anyone.

5. Upon arrest, the suspect should be immediately charged to court, according to Section 32, 2015 the Administration of Criminal Justice Act.

6. In accordance with Section 6 of 2015 Administration of Criminal Justice Act, when a police officer places a person under arrest, he has to state reason.

Suspects are innocent until proven guilty

7. As provided by Section 36(5), the Constitution (1999), suspects are innocent until proven guilty.

8. No one can be captured instead of another one.

9. It is illegal for police to search your phones unless otherwise allowed.

If you suffer from any of the aforementioned unlawful treatments, contact your lawyer or lodge complaint to the Police Complaint Commission

10. If arrested unlawfully, you are entitled to compensation, as Section 35(6) of the Constitution 1999 stipulates.

That is all about laws you should know when travelling in Nigeria. If you suffer from any of the aforementioned unlawful treatments, contact your lawyer or lodge complaint to the Police Complaint Commission at @PoliceNG_PCRRU npf.gov.ng/complaint.

Source: https://naijauto.com/market-news/10-legal-things-cops-dont-want-you-to-know-200
Re: 10 Legal Things Cops Don't Want You To Know by Nobody: 4:00am On Jul 03, 2018
Rules wey no dey work.....dem go beat hell out of u if u try form u know ur right....checking of phone is the other of d day.you got arrested dey quickly check ur phone....na help from above we need in dis country ojere because we doom.....well first time to b ftc sha dedicate it to my girl happy birthday gal
Re: 10 Legal Things Cops Don't Want You To Know by omowolewa: 5:23am On Jul 03, 2018
American police you mean, because these laws no dey work in this part if the world
Re: 10 Legal Things Cops Don't Want You To Know by ivandragon: 5:38am On Jul 03, 2018
not applicable in Nigeria...

besides, in Nigeria, anybody in uniform or working with a 'gun totting' agency, will arrest you & treat you the way they feel at any given point in time.

just yesterday, I was in one of the south western states & some 'security operatives' were just shooting in the air for no reason, driving recklessly in a convey of about 3 cars & I asked myself... what if a stray bullet hits someone? who would take responsibility for that calamity?

the Nigerian security agencies need serious reforms...
Re: 10 Legal Things Cops Don't Want You To Know by Onyenna(m): 6:50am On Jul 03, 2018
No worry!... If Sars carry you, hala them say you know your rights!....
Re: 10 Legal Things Cops Don't Want You To Know by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 03, 2018
Show yourself that you knows the law, I bet you won't live to tell the story. If you think I'm lying ask, okay let me not call names for security reasons
Re: 10 Legal Things Cops Don't Want You To Know by Jabioro: 7:33am On Jul 03, 2018
Your action as per the law is your death warrant.
Re: 10 Legal Things Cops Don't Want You To Know by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:55am On Jul 03, 2018
These are laws that are violable anywhere in the world
Re: 10 Legal Things Cops Don't Want You To Know by DeBrain045(m): 9:30am On Jul 03, 2018
100 legal things you don't need to know in nigeria expect you are a lawyer
Re: 10 Legal Things Cops Don't Want You To Know by Zonex1(m): 5:00pm On Jul 03, 2018
informative and timely

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Fraudster,otunba Cash, Arrested In Turkey (photos/video). / Nigerian Woman Dump Her Baby To Play Bet9ja At A Betting Shop - Photos / Nigerian Ladies Gallantly Call Out The Name Of Bleep Boys They Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.