Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,624 members, 7,827,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Atiku: I Never Stole Government Money… If I Did, Obasanjo Would Have Exposed Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: I Never Stole Government Money… If I Did, Obasanjo Would Have Exposed Me (877 Views)

Reno Omokri Accused Of Enjoying Abroad With Stolen Government Money; He Replies / Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address / Tinubu Finally Reacts To Suspension Of Onnoghen, Reveals What Obasanjo Would Hav (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku: I Never Stole Government Money… If I Did, Obasanjo Would Have Exposed Me by Arewa28: 9:43am On Jul 03, 2018
Atiku Abubakar, former Vice President, has again challenged anyone with corruption charges against him to come forward.

He declared that he has never stolen government money and that if he did, his former boss, Olusegun Obasanjo, would have been the first person to expose him. He said that the country does not need another Buhari who would further divide Nigeria and deepen the wounds.

Atiku, who has indicated interest in contesting the 2019 presidential election, made this known during an interview with Ovation publisher, Dele Momodu.

He said: “The leader Nigeria needs urgently is one who can unite the country and heal the deep wounds, not another Buhari who would further divide Nigeria and deepen the wounds.

“Check my records, Dele; my office as Vice President reflected the best of Nigeria; the guys were young and vibrant, and I gave them the wings to fly.”

Maintaining that he had never stolen government money, Atiku challenged anyone with evidence of corruption against him to come forward.

“I have thrown the challenge repeatedly that anyone who has any corruption charges against me should come forward,” he said.

“I never stole government money. Do you think President Obasanjo would not have exposed me if there was any such act of stealing?

“The youth have every right to ask and be answered convincingly. The youth of today are confident and bold. No leader can treat them as nobody. But, in my case, they have been lied to about Atiku and fed with a lot of propaganda. I applied to America for the visa, which was not granted. A man who is afraid of being arrested won’t go near the American embassy, it is simple logic.

“If America says come today, I will board the flight and go there soonest. Perhaps, America was fed with lies about me. It is normal in politics. The Indian and Kenyan leaders could not visit America at a time. America is not like Nigeria where we convict people on the pages of newspapers.”

SOURCE: https://barewa.com.ng/i-never-stole-government-money-if-i-did-obasanjo-would-have-exposed-me-atiku-abubakar/
Re: Atiku: I Never Stole Government Money… If I Did, Obasanjo Would Have Exposed Me by Baawaa(m): 9:45am On Jul 03, 2018
Atiku don dey mad ooo, Obasanjo is now your witness grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku: I Never Stole Government Money… If I Did, Obasanjo Would Have Exposed Me by iammo(m): 9:52am On Jul 03, 2018
The problem isn't you stealing, as you don't oversee goverment purse, what you and elrufia did was to use BPE to sell off Nigeria's assets and businesses to your cohorts. But if I personally have to choose between you and Buhari, you do have my vote. As a custom boss at MMA you exposed Buhari trying to smuggle in cases of money from Saudi using an emir and the father of his ADC during his military regime, and as a Vice President you ruggedly fought obasanjo against 3rd term saving us from a Mugabe scenario
Re: Atiku: I Never Stole Government Money… If I Did, Obasanjo Would Have Exposed Me by Tarzan360(m): 10:12am On Jul 03, 2018
We are with u the only man that can stop the dullard, Atiku 2019
Re: Atiku: I Never Stole Government Money… If I Did, Obasanjo Would Have Exposed Me by donmalcolm21(m): 10:20am On Jul 03, 2018
Baawaa:
Atiku don dey mad ooo, Obasanjo is now your witness grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Prove him wrong by showing us evidence?

Atiku all the way up
Re: Atiku: I Never Stole Government Money… If I Did, Obasanjo Would Have Exposed Me by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 03, 2018
When two men are squeezing each others balls, who will cry out first? will a thief point fingers at another thief, when he knows the accused knows his secret?

Be that as it may, Atiku is one of Africas most successful business men. you might say, hes not clean, but heres the point,

1...He put the money in companies and industries in nigeria.

2...He is an employer of labour, lots of peops can feed their fams cos of this dude.

3...He's better than the goggle wearing fella we currently have now.

4... If he could run world class companies for as long as he has, and they keep turning a profit, i think, Naija will do well with him.

5... He is not a bigot. Dude is a cosmopolitan nigerian. (He doesnt seem too swayed by any sort of religion).

6... Show me a better (option at the moment)

Just my opinion.
Re: Atiku: I Never Stole Government Money… If I Did, Obasanjo Would Have Exposed Me by Ziggylady(f): 11:06am On Jul 03, 2018
*clears throat*..erhmm Atiku abeg forget that one,you know thats not true...You are all corrupt in one way or another,you,Tinubu,Buhari,Obasanjo et al..

The difference is that you are better educated and productive than buhari...as well as less wicked and vindictive..I will vote for you if PDP fields you because.Buhari just has to leave next year.

The youths of Nigeria are quite directionless at the momemnt otherwise i would have voted for Kingsley Moghalu over you anytime anyday...but my vote will be wasted,increasing the chances of buhari.
Re: Atiku: I Never Stole Government Money… If I Did, Obasanjo Would Have Exposed Me by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 03, 2018
The harlibuton bribery scandal between you and Aisha and the government properties you privatised,where is the money?
Re: Atiku: I Never Stole Government Money… If I Did, Obasanjo Would Have Exposed Me by Richiez(m): 1:29pm On Jul 03, 2018
Still waiting for anyone bold enough to accept his challenge...
Re: Atiku: I Never Stole Government Money… If I Did, Obasanjo Would Have Exposed Me by Baawaa(m): 8:37pm On Jul 03, 2018
donmalcolm21:
Prove him wrong by showing us evidence?

Atiku all the way up
Atiku all the way down forever,Do you remember what Obasanjo told him 2007,that is a do or die that Atiku is a big thief,in 2015 Obasanjo told APC that they should not give Atiku their ticket.You are talking rubbish
Re: Atiku: I Never Stole Government Money… If I Did, Obasanjo Would Have Exposed Me by MufasaRebirth: 8:48pm On Jul 03, 2018
I believe you Atiku

MY FAVORITE ABOK!

(1) (Reply)

Ekitidecidesupdates: Follow Up Events To The Election / Buhari's Govt Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘political Platform’ Programme / Revealed: Saraki Used Omo Agege To Steal The Mace- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.