Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Nigerian Police Rescue Mikel's Abducted Father In Enugu State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Police Rescue Mikel's Abducted Father In Enugu State (262 Views)

27-Year-Old Man Kills Father In Abia Community, Removes One Eye For Ritual / Police Rescue Man From Jumping Into Lagoon On Third Mainland Bridge. Photos / Woman Robbed And Raped For Eight Hours In Front Of Her Father In Kenya (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Rescue Mikel's Abducted Father In Enugu State by GistmeBlog(m): 9:57am On Jul 03, 2018

Pa Michael Obi, the father of Mikel Obi, Captain of the Super Eagles, has been rescued by the Enugu State Police Command, from the kidnappers’ den in a community in the state.

The Command’s Spokesman, SP Ebere Amaraizu, on Monday, said the feat was achieved on Monday, at about 2.30 p.m. He said that the police operatives through a well-coordinated operation, rescued Pa Obi and his driver, one Ishaya John, unhurt in Egede axis of Udi Forest of Enugu State along Old Egede Affa road in the state.

The police spokesman revealed that the operatives also recovered Pa Obi’s Toyota Prado jeep. “It was gathered that Obi and his driver were abducted along Makurdi-Enugu Road on June 29 on his way from Jos, and taken to an unknown destination through the thick forest part of the area.

It was further gathered that the abductors started calling to demand a ransom of N10 million before police operatives acted on intelligence information and swooped on them. In the process of the rescue, a gun duel ensued between police operatives and the kidnappers which forced the hoodlums to abandon their victims inside the forest and they were promptly rescued,’’ he said.

“I am happy with the police operatives’ performance. I am alive and healthy. I thank the commissioner of police and the police operatives for their efforts which led to our rescue,’’ Amaraizu quoted Pa Obi as saying.

“The command is appealing to members of the public, particularly hospital owners and operators, to watch out for any one with injury or wound believed to be that of bullet and report promptly to the nearest police station or personnel. However, investigation into the incident has already commenced,’’ he added.

source==> https://epicnaija.com/sports/man-utd-sign-atletico-madrid-striker/

(1) (Reply)

Hfjs / Only Evil-minded Nigerians Will Say I Am Condoning Killings- Buhari / Desperation Made Me To Steal Baby – Suspect (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.