Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

How To Process Son Import Permit In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Process Son Import Permit In Nigeria (1296 Views)

Dangote Refinery Secures Permit To Process Over 300,000 Barrels Of Crude / Julius Berger Diversifies Into Agriculture, To Process Cashew In Lagos / COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Process Son Import Permit In Nigeria by clearant: 2:20pm On Jul 03, 2018
Sometimes, the purpose of import is tied to a particular project, or is for a predefined set of products over a protracted period of time like in the case of a producer who intends to import machinery or related spare parts for their manufacturing. In such cases, the importer considered as Bona fide manufacturer, is advised to apply to the Standard Organisation of Nigeria for SON Import Permit to enable them import at their own pace. Once approved, the Import Permit will be used for to obtain form M and PAAR for needed for initiation and Customs cargo clearance in Nigeria in any given batch of import.

For an importer to be recognised as a bona fide manufacturer, it must be registered with the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN). If unregistered with MAN the company would have to apply for the SON PC and SONCAP for importations.

Read Also: HOW TO PROCESS SON PC/SONCAP (CLEARING DOCUMENTS IN NIGERIA)

What I will do in this article is to walk you through the application process. You will see more images than write-ups in this article.

What Documentation Do You Need To Obtain SON Import Permit?

Before you jump into the application and realise that your documents are not complete, I like to inform you to keep the following documents ready:

Company certificate of incorporation
MAN membership Certificate for manufacturing organisations and related industries. Other companies like oil servicing need not have MAN but DPR certification.
MANCAP Certificate; this stands for Mandatory Assessment Programe, and is issued by SON. The purpose of MANCAP is to ensure that all goods produced in Nigeria meet all Nigeria Industrial Standard (NIS) before being presented to the open market or exported. I will go deep on MANCAP in a separate article.
MAN current subscription
Sample proforma invoice with some of items of import with seller’s detail
An excel sheet of all items to be imported for the period stated in the format I shall show you down the article.
Step 1:
http://www.clearingandforwardingnigeria.com/how-to-process-son-import-permit-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

What Type Of Business Can I Start With 1 Million / N/A / 15,000 Naira For First 20 That Will Test Our Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.