Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,667 members, 7,823,884 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

How Can I Escape From Nigeria She Makes Me Another Victim Of Circumstances? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Can I Escape From Nigeria She Makes Me Another Victim Of Circumstances? (448 Views)

Popular Controversial Instagram Socialite Take To Street As She Makes Widows Cry / Rape Victim Killed In Fatal Accident While Heading For Court Case. Photos / Linda Ikeji: How She Makes Money From Blogging And Future Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Escape From Nigeria She Makes Me Another Victim Of Circumstances? by TiredOfNigeria: 2:21pm On Jul 03, 2018
As of today, I'm 31yrs old.
I can't boast of having ₦20k in my account since January this year. No real job anymore, yes I mean those small jobs to make some cash for survival. I learned a skill (design and printing), no patronage; the few ones that patronize are all doing so on credit with a promise of "exposure" to greater opportunity.

Right now I'm sick, I mean I am not medically fit and I know it's not wise starving myself but I dare not go to the hospital. All I have is hope... Hope in Dr. Jesus to just pity me and heal me this hour.

Jos killing, Otedola bridge mayhem, Boko Haram insurgency, NEPA, bad road, arm robberies, SARS, kidnapping, bad economy... Thinking and witnessing all these things and more is breaking my spirit. I just want to go away; please don't think of me as unpatriotic or a coward for looking for a greener pasture. Far be it from me cause if dying for one's country, Nigeria in this case would be the best country on the surface of this planet.

Many children have died long before being born, many women die during childbirth. A lot of our strong men are still dying due to the hardship this country has placed on us.

I am not writing this post to make so much sense that you start to wonder back and forth. I am a secondary school graduate (set of 2007) just trying to get a better life outside the boarders of this country. I know where my mates are, I see the lifestyle they live over there, yes I follow them on social media. I am not envious/jealous of the good things of life they got. I just want to live happily with whatever I can get outside this country.

I could recollect my childhood dream for this adult life I've grown to aquire... I can't bring myself to remember the last time I thought of starting a family. I know having a baby in this condition is not a smart move at all. So I am begging you my reader to please help me out in any way you can. I'm not asking for money or anything but information.

I am seeking any useful information that would get me out of this country before it's too late. Lots of people die anyways but don't watch me end up just being a statistics. I want my life to count in this world.

Alternatively you could help me with any online platform that can exchange my service for money. I'm ready to work my way up and out of this country that doesn't need me.

I can type and make creative designs. Hook me up with any good website better than Fiverr. (Fiverr failed me).

Thanks for spending time to read my heart.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Escape From Nigeria She Makes Me Another Victim Of Circumstances? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 03, 2018
Your problem is that you think you have tried your best. When I know that you have potentials to do better but you are just under-rating your capabilities and exposing your self to depressing news instead of focusing on positive news.

Log out from nairaland and focus on real skills that can provide you with income. Do you know how to drive ? If Yes, then you can have a job as a Driver and save towards buying yours.

Do you want to travel ? Then you need to equip yourself with a skill that is needed abroad.

Do you know how to wash, then you can become a great dry cleaner or laundery king.

Do you know how to wash a car ? Then you can make millions running a car wash outlet.

Do you know how to barb ? barbers at my estate make about 500k a month.

Most of the skills I mentioned there can be learnt for free, by those who are smarter than you, so be smart, and do not sound like a depressed and lazy non-thinker.

Stay off nairaland, this place depresses the spirit and weakens the brain. Think of how to survive in Nigeria and if you have found how to survive here, then you wouldnt become a burden to immigration officials elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Escape From Nigeria She Makes Me Another Victim Of Circumstances? by TiredOfNigeria: 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2018
Thanks, Organism000
I quite agree with you. But I can tell you it's not easy being me. I have spent the last 9 to 10 years building a career for myself... I started from a mere computer operator in 2008, then a digital/offset printer 2010 - 2014. I switched to full time graphic designer in 2015 - date. Not that easy to jump from one lane to another on this highway of life. If you observed, I maintained one lane but only changing gear.

I don't want to crash by jumping to something totally different... To be honest, graphic designers who freelance earn legitimately over $50k per annum in countries where things work. That's after tax and all... ₦15m+ using 300 per dollars.

I believe in my craft, I am in a lucrative industry only that my environment is depressing and poisoning.

Most of the sites I've tried freelancing don't accept Nigeria; I've funds on Fiverr and Crowd Design due to IP casting. Nuff of doing legitimate business in a shady way... I can't lie, I want out. Just tired.

Thank you once again for your response. Cheers
Re: How Can I Escape From Nigeria She Makes Me Another Victim Of Circumstances? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2018
TiredOfNigeria:
Thanks, Organism000
I quite agree with you. But I can tell you it's not easy being me. I have spent the last 9 to 10 years building a career for myself... I started from a mere computer operator in 2008, then a digital/offset printer 2010 - 2014. I switched to full time graphic designer in 2015 - date. Not that easy to jump from one lane to another on this highway of life. If you observed, I maintained one lane but only changing gear.

I don't want to crash by jumping to something totally different... To be honest, graphic designers who freelance earn legitimately over $50k per annum in countries where things work. That's after tax and all... ₦15m+ using 300 per dollars.

I believe in my craft, I am in a lucrative industry only that my environment is depressing and poisoning.

Most of the sites I've tried freelancing don't accept Nigeria; I've funds on Fiverr and Crowd Design due to IP casting. Nuff of doing legitimate business in a shady way... I can't lie, I want out. Just tired.

Thank you once again for your response. Cheers

I have tested both sides of the world in a way, and my advise simply is not to stretch your imagination by advancing your focal point to a different continent mentally while your physically body resides in Nigeria at the moment. The more you stretch your mental body to a different location while your physically body is here, the more your bank of energy is used up and you end up feeling negative energy manifestation.

So it is best to be earthed and centered where your physical body is until such a time you secure the logistics to take your self body and soul out to any location you want. You love graphics and but it is not giving you the life you want in Nigeria, the most important thing in life is knowledge then health and money. I believe you need more knowledge which is why I suggested other fields to help open your mind up for more opportunities on other areas that readily brings money up easily. Printing as a career has come to its end and you are only enjoying its last days compared to how it was in 2 to 5 decades ago. I am not sure you understand this, but do your findings and you will realize that printing actually was a cash cow some decades ago and what you earn now is a shadow of what the trade used to fetch.

Since money is priority now, you must gather the money to have a great life abroad so you do not end up flipping burger when the employers tell you their preference is a citizen with SSN or SIN and decide to make you work for peanuts.

Well, it is good that someone is discussing with you, so it helps wave away some depressing vibrations off your mental aspect.

Should you insist on traveling outside of the country, decide which country you want to visit and start sending e-mails to your potential employers and then surrender your request to cosmic field and it will be done.

Nothing is impossible until we believe it is.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Escape From Nigeria She Makes Me Another Victim Of Circumstances? by TiredOfNigeria: 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2018
Very well.. I know there's no much money in printing like it used to be, hence my decision to upgrade to creative designs in 2015.

Nevertheless I will research some of the points you mentioned.

Thank you for your time and God bless you.

P.S. I am not depressed.

(1) (Reply)

Romance: I Love My Husband But I Don’t Think I Will Go Back To That Marriage / Shoptomydoor - The Best Shipping To Use / Am Seriously In Need Of Help Or Advice Concerning My Relationship Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.