Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Refurbished Vs Used Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Refurbished Vs Used Phones (5948 Views)

How To Check If Your Iphone Is New Or Refurbished / Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out / What They Do Not Tell You About Uk Used Phones: Read And Be Educated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Refurbished Vs Used Phones by Asholami: 5:39pm On Jul 03, 2018
Hi guys, Please which is better between Refurbish and Use phones.
Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by sinaj(f): 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2018
Is it not the same thing
Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by Asholami: 5:45pm On Jul 03, 2018
sinaj:
Is it not the same thing

Which one is better.
Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by sinaj(f): 5:47pm On Jul 03, 2018
Asholami:

Which one is better.
Oga they are the same.

2 Likes

Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by psucc(m): 6:02pm On Jul 03, 2018
Refurbished can be better if certified by the producer

1 Like

Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by youngderek1(m): 6:15pm On Jul 03, 2018
infinix hot 5 for sale 16gb ROM 2gb RAM with its accessories

price is 30k, call me on 07017732093 or 08101230540
Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by Opistorincos(m): 8:01pm On Jul 03, 2018
IMHO, used is better if you know where to buy as you get the expected value for your money

1 Like

Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by donbenie(m): 8:22pm On Jul 03, 2018
sinaj:
Oga they are the same.
They are not the same,a Refurbished phone can be done with inferior parts leading to vastly diminished performance and experience..

3 Likes

Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by donbenie(m): 8:24pm On Jul 03, 2018
Asholami:

Which one is better.
Used is better,steer clear of Refurbished phones from AliExpress..

2 Likes

Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by kekilika: 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2018
Refurbished
Reason: It was faulty and repaired.

Used Phone
Reason (s): Seller is in need of cash, faulty or has a dent, wants to upgrade to a new phone or it could be a stolen phone.

10 Likes

Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 03, 2018
Opistorincos:
IMHO, used is better if you know where to buy as you get the expected value for your money

Certified refurbished is way better. They have been properly tested and fixed, whearas used are sold the way they are, which means if they have problems they are sold like that. Sometimes refurbished phones are phones with factory problem and are returned to OEM or carriers, they are then fixed with OEM parts and sold as refurbished. Or phones that are still under warranty but with some faults, returned and owner given another phone. The faulty phone is fixed with OEM parts and tested working 100% before being sold as refurbished.

10 Likes

Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by sinaj(f): 9:24pm On Jul 03, 2018
donbenie:
They are not the same,a Refurbished phone can be done with inferior parts leading to vastly diminished performance and experience..
same with a used phone.
Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by Nbote(m): 9:48pm On Jul 03, 2018
Refurbished fones are not in anyway beta.. It's beta u buy a used fone from a user than to buy A refurbished one.. Every refurbished fone has had a part replaced or removed... Almost every refurbished fone I have com across has had memory and camera tampered with

1 Like

Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 03, 2018
Nbote:
Refurbished fones are not in anyway beta.. It's beta u buy a used fone from a user than to buy A refurbished one.. Every refurbished fone has had a part replaced or removed... Almost every refurbished fone I have com across has had memory and camera tampered with

U don't get it. Refurbished phones (especially certified refurbished) have parts replaced with oem parts and are tested 100% ok and most of the times with no scratches as most of them were returned on warranty. Used phones on the other hand are most used for a long time before selling and usually have wears. And some used phones already have parts replaced too and if they are not oem parts there's no way u can know. Eg if I have a phone with a broken screen, I can replace it with inferior screen and sell as used, u won't know. Meanwhile if it was certified refurbished the screen will be replaced with oem screen.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by biztip: 11:03pm On Jul 03, 2018
greenhulk:

U don't get it. Refurbished phones (especially certified refurbished) have parts replaced with oem parts and are tested 100% ok and most of the times with no scratches as most of them were returned on warranty. Used phones on the other hand are most used for a long time before selling and usually have wears. And some used phones already have parts replaced too and if they are not oem parts there's no way u can know. Eg if I have a phone with a broken screen, I can replace it with inferior screen and sell as used, u won't know. Meanwhile if it was certified refurbished the screen will be replaced with oem screen.
ur explanatiom is concrete enough

5 Likes

Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by Opistorincos(m): 11:07pm On Jul 03, 2018
greenhulk:

Certified refurbished is way better. They have been properly tested and fixed, whearas used are sold the way they are, which means if they have problems they are sold like that. Sometimes refurbished phones are phones with factory problem and are returned to OEM or carriers, they are then fixed with OEM parts and sold as refurbished. Or phones that are still under warranty but with some faults, returned and owner given another phone. The faulty phone is fixed with OEM parts and tested working 100% before being sold as refurbished.

You're right. What we mostly know as refurbished for naija no be actually refurbished and I love getting my used gadgets from OfferUp, ebay, letgo and Craigslist

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by Palmerbarry: 11:27pm On Jul 03, 2018
Refurbished is waaaay better
Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by kulex2k1(m): 6:27am On Jul 04, 2018
greenhulk:

You av said it all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by Nbote(m): 7:30am On Jul 04, 2018
greenhulk:

Except most of what is sold in naija stores as refurbished aren't really d certified refurbished U mentioned.

3 Likes

Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 04, 2018
Nbote:

Except most of what is sold in naija stores as refurbished aren't really d certified refurbished U mentioned.

Do they actually sell refurbished in Nigeria shops? What they sell here are USED phones not refurbished. Go to Amazon u will see certified refurbished that are as good as brand new. Also u can get refurbished phones from jumia but all are shipped from overseas. Buy from oems as that would give u rest of mind, if u buy from generic it might or might not be certified refurbished.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by Nbote(m): 8:25am On Jul 04, 2018
greenhulk:

Do they actually sell refurbished in Nigeria shops? What they sell here are USED phones not refurbished. Go to Amazon u will see certified refurbished that are as good as brand new. Also u can get refurbished phones from jumia but all are shipped from overseas. Buy from oems as that would give u rest of mind, if u buy from generic it might or might not be certified refurbished.

No wonder ..... We are being shortchanged here b dat oooo

1 Like

Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by Asholami: 10:30am On Jul 04, 2018
greenhulk:

I am contemplating buying either used or refurbish Iphone from aliexpress.
Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by Yusuf54: 12:04pm On Jul 04, 2018
youngderek1:
infinix hot 5 for sale 16gb ROM 2gb RAM with its accessories

price is 30k, call me on 07017732093 or 08101230540

1 Like

Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by youngderek1(m): 1:40pm On Jul 04, 2018
Yusuf54:
that's d last price bro
Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by kele007(m): 2:51pm On Jul 04, 2018
Not everyone sells a bad fone, one might want to upgrade
kekilika:
Refurbished
Reason: It was faulty and repaired.

Used Phone
Reason (s): Seller is in need of cash, faulty or has a dent, wants to upgrade to a new phone or it could be a stolen phone.

2 Likes

Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by Yusuf54: 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2018
youngderek1:
that's d last price bro
ok
Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by Dam5reey(m): 11:34pm On Jul 04, 2018
greenhulk:

Have you compared the screen, battery or camera from a certified refurbished to a brand new one or mint Used one?

Brand New is brand new, Used for a month or under 6 months is a good as New, looking at a phone I bought 4 Month ago, It's as Crystal as new when I changed the screen protector with minor crack..

A certified refurbished phone that had it's screen replaced, Do we know the effect of the force that crack the screen on other parts?

A Mint Used Phone without any issue is better than Anything Refurbished either certified or uncertified...
Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 05, 2018
Dam5reey:

Have you compared the screen, battery or camera from a certified refurbished to a brand new one or mint Used one?

Brand New is brand new, Used for a month or under 6 months is a good as New, looking at a phone I bought 4 Month ago, It's as Crystal as new when I changed the screen protector with minor crack..

A certified refurbished phone that had it's screen replaced, Do we know the effect of the force that crack the screen on other parts?

A Mint Used Phone without any issue is better than Anything Refurbished either certified or uncertified...

And how do u know if the used phone has had it's screen replaced or not? Generally certified refurbished are better.

3 Likes

Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by HORLARMORE: 7:35am On Jul 05, 2018
Refurbished phone is much more better.

There's manufacturer refurbished

There's seller refurbished.

Refurbished works like new. Only in Nigerians discriminate refurbished phones.

Refurbished phones are much more expensive in USA than used phone. Refurbished are sold few dollars lower than brand new.

2 Likes

Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by Asholami: 10:22am On Jul 05, 2018
greenhulk:

How do I buy from oems?
Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by Asholami: 10:20am On Jul 10, 2018
How do I buy from oems?
Re: Refurbished Vs Used Phones by psucc(m): 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2018
@ bold. Bros if I shopw you the infinix hot 5 my younger one is using in less that 4 months you will only think he bought it before Infinic campany came on board
Dam5reey:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) / AIRTEL HACK: Get Free 1000 Airtime Now / Infinix Zero 8 Nocks Xiaomi Out Of Gaming Devices .. Run From Xiaomi Vol 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.