Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,359 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Macron Urges Nigerian Youths To Join Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Macron Urges Nigerian Youths To Join Politics (672 Views)

Peter Obi Urges Nigerian Muslims To Pray For Nigeria During Ramadan / Osinbajo: Social Media Won’t Transform Lives, Join Politics / How To Join Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Macron Urges Nigerian Youths To Join Politics by actiondrilling: 6:23am On Jul 04, 2018
French President, Emmanuel Macron, has urged Nigerian youths to get involved with politics to change the narrative of the nation.

Macron, while describing politics as important, said only Nigerians could change their image before the comity of nations.

The French President, who was accompanied by Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State, gave the challenge during a visit to the Afrika Shrine in Ikeja, on Tuesday night at an event tagged “Celebrate African Culture.”

He noted that the future of Africa and the task of making it great rested with Africans, saying that the youths have a crucial role to play.

“Africa needs a new generation of Africans to share the new narrative about Africa all over the world,” he said.

According to him, politics is important because it is a tool to change the society.

Macron described the Afrika Shrine as an iconic place of strength, music, culture and the late Fela as a politician who wanted a change for the society.

“I am very happy to be here. Let me remind you that this place — shrine is a music place as well as politics which is needed to change the society.

“So, I will say to the youths, politics is important, be involved,” he said.

Macron also announced the launch of the 2020 African cultures season in France.

He said the event would help create a unique face for African culture in Europe.

Earlier, Gov. Ambode said the President’s visit was expected to signal the dawn of a new collaboration between France and Lagos State in the quest to make the state the culture and entertainment capital of Africa.

Ambode said the event was also about celebrating African culture which was a positive step for France as it sought to rebuild its relationship with Africa.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the event had in attendance personalities including, Dr Peter Obi, former governor of Anambra, Chief Olusegun Osoba, former governor of Ogun, Prof. Wole Soyinka,, Sen. Ben Bruce among others.

NAN reports that the event presented an opportunity for Macron and Ambode to interact with musicians, artists, fashion designers and film makers.

more details at http://www.akelicious.net/2018/07/macron-urges-nigerian-youths-to-join.html

Re: Macron Urges Nigerian Youths To Join Politics by Munzy14(m): 7:02am On Jul 04, 2018
oga yes we know, but this is Nigeria where the recycled school certificate holders refused to give room for youth accomodation.

1 Like

Re: Macron Urges Nigerian Youths To Join Politics by izzou(m): 7:41am On Jul 04, 2018
grin

All these one na long story sir grin

$350 million was returned to the Nigerian government

We are roughly 200 million.

Advice Buhari to just share, Kpata Kpata, $500,000 for each citizen. Abeg grin

I broke pass broke now angry
Re: Macron Urges Nigerian Youths To Join Politics by thesicilian: 7:41am On Jul 04, 2018
It seems like more foreigners recognize the value and potentials of African culture than we Africans.
Re: Macron Urges Nigerian Youths To Join Politics by thesicilian: 7:45am On Jul 04, 2018
izzou:
grin

All these one na long story sir grin

$350 million was returned to the Nigerian government

We are roughly 200 million.

Advice Buhari to just share, Kpata Kpata, $500,000 for each citizen. Abeg grin

I broke pass broke now angry
How will you count the money if you can't even do simple arithmetic calculation?
Re: Macron Urges Nigerian Youths To Join Politics by izzou(m): 7:48am On Jul 04, 2018
thesicilian:

How will you count the money if you can't even do simple arithmetic calculation?

grin

Its too early to start displaying ignorance. Abeg grin

$1 million will go round 200 million people. I said at least $500000 should be shared. Is that too complex for a Master's degree holder like you to understand?
Re: Macron Urges Nigerian Youths To Join Politics by thesicilian: 11:18am On Jul 04, 2018
izzou:

grin

Its too early to start displaying ignorance. Abeg grin

$1 million will go round 200 million people. I said at least $500000 should be shared. Is that too complex for a Master's degree holder like you to understand?
This is unbelievable.
Please grab a chair let me break it down for you:

$350,000,000 ÷ $200,000,000 = $1.75 only.
(Each person will only get $1.75 if you share $350million among 200million people)

$500,000 x 200,000,000 people = $100,000,000,000,000
(That is, you'll need to have $100 trillion in order to be able to share $500,000 each to 200million people).

Se o ti ye e bai?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Macron Urges Nigerian Youths To Join Politics by izzou(m): 11:26am On Jul 04, 2018
thesicilian:

This is unbelievable.
Please grab a chair let me break it down for you:

$350,000,000 ÷ $200,000,000 = $1.75 only.
(Each person will only get $1.75 if you share $350million among 200million people)

$500,000 x 200,000,000 people = $100,000,000,000,000
(That is, you'll need to have $100 trillion in order to be able to share $500,000 each to 200million people).

Se o ti ye e bai?

Chai.

Na true oh

sad

Sorry. I no sabi anything at all
Re: Macron Urges Nigerian Youths To Join Politics by thesicilian: 11:52am On Jul 04, 2018
izzou:

Chai.

Na true oh

sad

Sorry. I no sabi anything at all

Re: Macron Urges Nigerian Youths To Join Politics by Smarkie: 5:03pm On Jul 04, 2018
which youths? the youth that will soon sell out their consience and future for a stipend from the old crooks
Re: Macron Urges Nigerian Youths To Join Politics by Grayxme: 5:35pm On Jul 04, 2018
President Buhari has earlier signed the not too young to run bill which will enable the youth to take part in the decision making of this country. the french leader has supported the mission of this administration in enabling the youth contest for the position democratically by advising the youth to be active in that course to change the narrative of the nation. which i think is a form of encouragement to the Nigeria Youth.

(1) (Reply)

Dasuki: Buhari’s Ex-adc, Jokolo Blasts Sultan, Northern Elites / How 3,000 Were Killed In Zamfara In Two Years PMB Resign / Expatriate Gives His Opinion On Why Nigeria Is Bad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.