Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) (22599 Views)

20 States Tinubu Is Certain To Win Come 2023 - Jumper524 / FCT, 20 States May Face Food Crisis, Starvation Later This Year (Full List) / COVID-19: Goodluck Jonathan Donates Palliatives To 20 States (list) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by Aurobindo(m): 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2018
Evil country and evils people... Very wicked country and greeeeeeeeedy politicians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by Octaves(m): 2:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
chiozor:
did I just see Abia?where is the road they are claiming refund on? angry
wanted to ask the same question then I saw your post

2 Likes

Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 04, 2018
Where do we go from here, fellas ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by Fiona111: 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2018
So ayade spent 25billion on tinapa-odupani road, egbon God is watching you in 4D

2 Likes

Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by Mutemenot(m): 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2018
I know of Anambra state and the road is more than standard. The Headbridge to upper iweka which was constructed by then the Governor; Peter Obi.
Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by shugacain: 2:10pm On Jul 04, 2018
I swear if i had seen IMO state there i for order THUNDER from Syria and libya to come fire that governor of iberiiberism
Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by Klington: 2:10pm On Jul 04, 2018
Yahooze everywhere....
Where are the roads..
Death traps everywhere shocked

1 Like

Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by akiOYIBO: 2:13pm On Jul 04, 2018
No North Eastern states, No Fulani state. It is mostly southern and middlebelts states. They use our oil and trade money to develop themselves. Enugu-Onitsha express way is a massive source of embarrassment, for those of u hoodwinked to believe the federal had awarded the highway, sorry for disappointing u but that crap being done on Enugu-Onitsha express way dosent like a federal contract. It merely looks like a childish management of roads by governor Ifeanyi and Willi. The multi-billion Naira flyover at Arroma used to impede traffic instead of enhancing it, is a perfect example of how states erects or constructs low quality structures on federal roads due to the federal's inability or reluctance to take up the project. Southerners must wake up and fight for their well deserved rights in this country, especially south east and south south.
Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by Maket: 2:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
Only Zamfara and Jigawa from North western state yet the region have the best road than these regions with most state in the list.
If BENUE state was there, I would have sue the state to provide evidence.

1 Like

Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by ALEXIS0240: 2:22pm On Jul 04, 2018
Factfinder1:
I was waiting to see Niger and kogi on the kiat and I wasn't disappointed those 2 governors have not done anything for their states since 2015...APC is fraud
You forgot to add Benue.the governor is just too useless.

2 Likes

Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by Maket: 2:26pm On Jul 04, 2018
[quote author=akiOYIBO post=69076573]
No North Eastern states, No Fulani state. It is mostly southern and middlebelts states.)

Bros no vex again. Which region is Adamawa state? Taraba and Adamawa roads have not gotten the oil money.
Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by princeade86(m): 2:29pm On Jul 04, 2018
the op is biased. why not mentioned kwara because I want to know the road they will claimed they did with 18b. because d only road I can see dey did is not up to 5km and is ajase IPO rd in Ilorin, along offa garage. I think is federal government rd, but 18b on dat road? hell no.

1 Like

Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by linqzs: 2:31pm On Jul 04, 2018
Where the roads dey?

1 Like

Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by daywatcher: 2:33pm On Jul 04, 2018
Does it make sense that we still have federal roads?
Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by walexydo: 2:38pm On Jul 04, 2018
19.6b for Osun state, almost the same amount osun state Governor aregbesola wasted on opon-imon(tablets). Now to pay workers salary has become a serious problem for him due to his reckless spending . What a wasteful and insensitivite Governor.
Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 04, 2018
The federal road system was created to steal monies from certain parts of Nigeria to develop other parts. The viability of the federal road system, where roads only bear the tag of a "federal road" but is untouched by the federal government for 30 for 40 years, is no longer sustainable.

It is common sense that if you cannot maintain something, then you hands-off of it. But why is this so hard to do in Nigeria? It is hard because the "owners of Nigeria" which are the northerners (yes, the North owns and control Nigeria), created these archaic and nonsensical systems to control the south and keep it down. It is time for Northern Nigeria to allow the different parts of the country to develop on their own pace, not at their own detect.

Today, the federal road system has become a "breeding ground" for corruption and deception by states. Governors are rushing to construct federal roads, because they can easily bill the federal government N50 billion for work that actually costs N10 billion, for example.

Except for roads in Abuja, the federal government should as a matter of urgency hands-off all "federal roads" to states where the roads are located. Saraki and the National Assembly should amend the constitution to end this anomaly!

1 Like

Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by ogunsbanjul(m): 2:44pm On Jul 04, 2018
Ondo state or what did I hear? Please Ondo state government Abia state should stop this jokes. Can rivers state government list the federal roads as claimed. It's it petrochemical to refinery junction which billions of naira were disbursed to the state government by petrochemical and intels that the road was rehabilitated by federal government according to the signboard placed near police check point then near Akpajo? Honestly, politicians are looking for money to campaign in 2019.
Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by adetes: 2:52pm On Jul 04, 2018
V nt been to most of the mentioned state but as far as ekiti and ondo state is concern there's no federal project executed there, so wats d money they want to collect, federal government need to choose delegation to visit those project.
Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by Milllz: 2:55pm On Jul 04, 2018
Factfinder1:
I was waiting to see Niger and kogi on the kiat and I wasn't disappointed those 2 governors have not done anything for their states since 2015...APC is fraud

I also vigorously searched for Imo State, but no hope.

1 Like

Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by SheikhMuniru(m): 2:55pm On Jul 04, 2018
MY STATE BORNO IS NOT THEIR, WHY??
Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by bobnatlo(m): 3:02pm On Jul 04, 2018
Just restructure the country abeg
Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by Roadmike(m): 3:10pm On Jul 04, 2018
[b][/b]THIS IS WHY THERE IS PERSISTENT AND ON GOING CLAMOUR TO RESTRUCTURE THIS COUNTRY. IT IS JUST NOT WORKING. YET SOME ARE BLIND AND DEAF TO THIS FACT.
Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by nellyelitz(m): 3:13pm On Jul 04, 2018
rozayx5:
Yea

Akpabio fixed several federal

govt roads as governor
SURE UR'E MALE? OR OAP I KNOW.
Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by nellyelitz(m): 3:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
I KNW AKWA IBOM WILL BE TOP.
Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by flexyrule(m): 3:25pm On Jul 04, 2018
wristbangle:
Ogun state doesn't cut it at all. The number of dilapidated roads are quite disturbing meanwhile amosun focuses on unnecessary white projects. FG should not give him a dime jare till he fixes Akute-Alagbole-Lambe, Agbara-Atan, mowe, Sagamu and other roads.

As for Akwa Ibom, mouth sealed lipsrsealed
From your comment, you most definitely reside in the west. Hence, I won't argue about your observation on the sum requested as refund for the roads allegedly built by your governor. In the case of Akwa Ibom, Sealing your mouth is the most appropriate thing to do when discussing issues you know nothing about.

1 Like

Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by spiritedtete: 3:26pm On Jul 04, 2018
Lazy governors.... they are all thieves... I don't know why states can't fend for themselves... this is what is killing Nigeria. They states Governors are just too greedy.
Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by Charly68: 4:04pm On Jul 04, 2018
The ones you received had no positive effect on the states economy
Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by helpfulposts(m): 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2018
Make them remove Bayelsa State from that list abeg. Gov. Dickson has nothing to show as proof of evidence to claim such amount of money from the Federal Government.
Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by MChaze25(m): 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2018
wristbangle:
Ogun state doesn't cut it at all. The number of dilapidated roads are quite disturbing meanwhile amosun focuses on unnecessary white projects. FG should not give him a dime jare till he fixes Akute-Alagbole-Lambe, Agbara-Atan, mowe, Sagamu and other roads.

As for Akwa Ibom, mouth sealed lipsrsealed

Akpabio tried in Akwaibom especially Uyo.
I was there in 2012 and I marvelled at standard roads everywhere even as far as Ikot-Ekpene and Eket

1 Like

Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by wristbangle: 4:30pm On Jul 04, 2018
flexyrule:
From your comment, you most definitely reside in the west. Hence, I won't argue about your observation on the sum requested as refunds for the roads allegedly built by your governor. In the case of Akwa Ibom, Sealing your mouth is the most appropriate thing to do when discussing issues you know nothing about.

My question is, the money requested by Akwa Ibom, is it justifiable?
Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by flexyrule(m): 4:38pm On Jul 04, 2018
wristbangle:

My question is, the money requested by Akwa Ibom, is it justifiable?
Very very!
Only the roads in Abuja can be compared with the roads in Akwa Ibom.
Akpabio turned that state to a construction site during his administration.
Julius Berger constructed over 80% of the roads there.

2 Likes

Re: 20 States Seek N791bn Refund Spent On Federal Roads (list) by duchessphils: 4:46pm On Jul 04, 2018
silenze:
Ayade has spent not less than 25billion on fed rd repairs shocked shocked shocked

one chance

I no see the road o,
Na for cross river abi Na River Crossing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Governors Implicated In Anti-magu’s Plot To Stop The Senate Confirmation / NURTW Member Disowns His Uniform, Flees To Escape Being Arrested By RRS (Photos) / Northern Group Withdraws Quit Notice Issued To Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.