Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) (44172 Views)

18-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Rescuing His Cow In Jigawa / Nigerian Man Drowns, Weeks After Being Granted Asylum In Canada (Photo) / Boy Drowns At Maysun Hotel, Egbeda, Lagos, After Sneaking Out of School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by zombieTRACKER: 8:36pm On Jul 04, 2018
sad sad

Typical Afonjas
After voting for sai baba
You relocate to Canada
So that others will suffer for your wickedness ...

No hiding place for the wicked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by Curry30: 8:37pm On Jul 04, 2018
So na so them follow this boy from naija go Canada?? Mehn village pipo sad
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by SheikhMuniru(m): 8:37pm On Jul 04, 2018
THIS TENURE OF APC NO WELL FOR NIGERIANS AND NIGERIA Chaii
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by cytell56: 8:38pm On Jul 04, 2018
Amagite:
On Monday, the Canadian dream of a family of Nigerian migrants who arrived in Quebec in April, 2018, turned into a nightmare, Montreal Journal reports.

Two days after moving into their first home in Montreal, the 6-year-old son drowned in a swimming pool in the Saint-Léonard neighborhood. "I dream of being able to go back," sobs Bukola Babayemi, 31.

On her way to the low-cost resort pool on Monday, when the weather was hot, she was far from suspecting that she was spending her last moments with her eldest son, Bukumi.

"I told him to stay next to me.

But it took a second of inattention and I lost it. I immediately alerted the rescuer, but it was too late,”

whispers the mother of three, in tears.

After being found unconscious in the bottom of the pool, the boy was rush to the hospital, where he was confirmed dead.

Bukumi was to start school in September.

The pool has since be shutdown. In hopes of providing a better life for her children, Ms. Babayemi made the big trip to Canada from Houston, U.S last April.

Arrived in the United States in August 2016, she said she quickly realized that this country was not made for her family.

"It's so hard for the migrants there. We can do almost nothing, I had to beg for church food for my children," she said.

https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/07/6-yr-old-nigerian-boy-drowns-in-a-pool-in-canada.html

So sad
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by Folashade2016(f): 8:39pm On Jul 04, 2018
Nawa ooo death everywhere.

check my SIGNATURE
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by Abbeybailey(m): 8:42pm On Jul 04, 2018
Giovanotto:
Not all that glitters is gold. America is like iphone--sweet when you've not experienced it. na over hype dem dey..... People are suffering in the US especially since that fowl-yanshed fellow called trump, enter power. I prefer my Europe jor.
Trump is fowl yanshed indeed. His racism is driving these people up North to Canada. So sad and RIP to the little angel.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by omotai(f): 8:46pm On Jul 04, 2018
Rip
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 04, 2018
Actually no place like home

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by bezimo(m): 8:50pm On Jul 04, 2018
The mum killed her child through carelessness..In Canada..kids are not suppose to go into the pool without floaters..thats what most parents do..What was she thinking..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by easyzworld: 8:51pm On Jul 04, 2018
Village pipo
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by eyinjuege: 8:52pm On Jul 04, 2018
It takes less than 30 seconds for a child to drown. Just 30secs
It's more than just being negligent.
The only solution is for Nigerians to make it a point of duty to make sure their children learn how to swim at early ages. Ijaw children are able to do it.
It may cost you money, but its a life skill.
I remember seeing a 3 year old girl years and years ago swimming in an adult pool-really deep one, like a mermaid. I just open mouth. That image has stayed with me since then.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by shugacain: 8:55pm On Jul 04, 2018
rest in peace to the death, Lord please do not give me swimming pool that will kill my own son or daughter, let my own pool be where they can go and relax when the weather is hot

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by madgoat(m): 8:58pm On Jul 04, 2018
Stay in Nigeria and lets all suffer together, them no go hear. Now see what has happened undecided
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by thesicilian: 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
post=69086504:
*Quote*
The pool has since be shutdown. In hopes of providing a better life for her children, Ms. Babayemi made the big trip to Canada from Houston, U.S last April.

Arrived in the United States in August 2016, she said she quickly realized that this country was not made for her family.

"It's so hard for the migrants there. We can do almost nothing, I had to beg for church food for my children," she said. . . . .
*Unquote*

It's so sad to lose a child.
May his wonderful soul REST IN PERFECT PEACE.

For the bolded part of her message, that is what just happened when you don't have the official documents to live in a foreign country, if you are a legal resident, you won't have any reason to beg for food or be living in a church, especially in the States.

RIP to this cute boy once more.
That part surprised me also. One would think that for a family who has been in the USA crossing over to Canada, things would be way better. At least they should have gathered enough money for all the necessary legal documentations.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by 9inches(m): 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
Buhari see what you've caused.
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by intention101: 9:04pm On Jul 04, 2018
It's so unfortunate. After so much struggle to give him a good life then this happens...so sad.
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:07pm On Jul 04, 2018
thesicilian:

That part surprised me also. One would think that for a family who has been in the USA crossing over to Canada, things would be way better. At least they should have gathered enough money for all the necessary legal documentations.
That was surprising to say the least...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 04, 2018
So sad may he Rest In Peace
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by wink2015(m): 9:15pm On Jul 04, 2018
Dbanj son don carry swimming death spread give am.

Dbanj son died about 2 weeks ago in a home built swimming pool.

Now it is another Nigerian kid who happened to be a migrant in Quebec region of Canada.

Rest in the Lord bosum.
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by skales67(m): 9:15pm On Jul 04, 2018
Amagite:

"It's so hard for the migrants there. We can do almost nothing, I had to beg for church food for my children," she said.

All these olosho women from sudanese colony of Nigeria who are now running to Canada after being blacklisted from living in UK and US because of their wire wire fraud! angry

US was not made for you and your family and you ran to canada where your son drowned.

Another future Yahoo boy cut short. Might be a blessing in disguise

Anyways..RIP
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by Waffarianman(m): 9:18pm On Jul 04, 2018
After escaping this Sh!thole. RIP Lil man
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by Soundmind(m): 9:20pm On Jul 04, 2018
RIP
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by jaxxy(m): 9:25pm On Jul 04, 2018
Idrismusty97:
Is this the season of children getting drowned in pools? sad My condolences to the family.

Even adults drown. If u can't swim i hv no business getting too close or entering a deep pool unless ure learning from an tutor.
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by otokx(m): 9:29pm On Jul 04, 2018
It is good to live a quiet life.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by DSDLIVEREPORT: 9:42pm On Jul 04, 2018
What a night of sad story. From innocent corper to this promising baby. A destiny cut short. Look at what the decadent nation called Nigeria is causing families.
Madam no word to say. E fail me. God will just console u sis . And let strength be your portion
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by Ade3000yrs(m): 9:50pm On Jul 04, 2018
No comment
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by Burgerlomo: 9:53pm On Jul 04, 2018
So sad
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by LivelyB: 10:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
That's just the bitter truth
yeyerolling:
y go to a country illegally with stupid expectations If u go illegally be ready to wash plate and sweep, which this woman does not look lik doing.
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by nigeria005(m): 10:18pm On Jul 04, 2018
OfficialDad:
grin
if I slap dat dirty teeth commot 4 ur mouth..in short, u need a new sense...
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by LivelyB: 10:24pm On Jul 04, 2018
illegal residents can't achieve much, they are really suffering, I came across a woman with her children and after telling me her stories,I felt so bad for her, she got nothing to eat, drinking tap water and relying on free food( mainly can foods).I still don't understand why people are coming in illegally.i asked another if it's better to be in the states illegally and he was like" Yes o, Nigeria is hell fire right now"..These people are suffering for real.May God help them get their desired papers.
thesicilian:

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by ExpensiveGuy30(m): 10:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
Rip
Re: Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) by kmaster007: 10:57pm On Jul 04, 2018
Aiye leeeeeeee

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Owerri (Photos) / Man Who Returned From Brazil For Christmas Killed In Nigeria. Graphic Pics / 40-year-old Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.