Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,265 members, 7,811,749 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student (9714 Views)

Keith Moore Clinically Oriented Anatomy PDF Free Download / The 10 Commandments Of Beigns / Private Universities Are Not Profit-oriented, Says Crawford VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by chikachuks1(m): 3:38am On Jul 05, 2018
Success is the focus of every student, yet it is achieved by few. This is inline with out commitment to help young people to become successful in their spheres of endeavor. Success has a given pathway and only those who tow that path end up as successful students. I have brought out these 10 commandments for every successful student in the making. Although, success is not limited to these commandments but I can guarantee the possibility and work-ability of these commandments. Remember that commandments are meant to be obeyed, therefore as you read, strive to obey them.

1) Thou shall not forget the Lord your God: He is the giver of true success. God remains the fountain of all knowledge, wisdom and understanding. If you must become a successful student and end your studies well, then you must not forget God. Every good and perfect gift comes from Him. Therefore the first place of reverence must be given to Him. Reverence and fear Him.

2) Thou shall avoid unnecessary distractions: Be single minded. Focus on your goal. There are many students who started well but gave heed to distractions and ended badly. Distractions will take you away from your pathway. Remember that you are in school to study, therefore, full attention should be given to your studies which is the singular reason for which you are in school. Be focused.

3) Thou shall shun unprofitable friends: Bad company corrupt good morals. Unprofitable friends will not help you. A popular adage says, “Show me your friend and I will tell you who you are”. If we actually want to know you, your friends will speak volume on that matter. If you are to take a survey of all the young boys and girls leading bad lives in the society, you will find out that many of them act under the influence of friends. As much as good friends will make you, bad ones will break and mar you. Good friends are your pillars while bad friends are your caterpillars. Good friends will build you while bad ones will demolish you. Be wise

4) Thou shall not yield to examination malpractice: Unfortunately, examination malpractice has become something inevitable in the lives of Nigerian students. Examination malpractice has made Nigerian education system to become one of the worst in the world. What will you teach your children tomorrow if you involved in examination malpractice today. Many people now say that Nigerian graduates are unemployable. It is simply because of malpractice. Do not deceive yourself, any result gotten through examination malpractice is a fake result and cannot be defended. It is very unfortunate that most people who claim to be spiritual are never spiritual in examination hall. Examination malpractice is evil. Shun it.

5) Remember to read your book every day: Reading people are always knowing people says the popular preacher – John Wesley. If you must be a successful student, you must pay more attention to your books than even you food and clothes. Read until hard becomes easy. Read until difficult becomes simple. No course or subject is ever difficult to someone who will pay attention to studying.
https://infoducation.com.ng/successful-student/
6) Have an actionable action plan or time table: Action plan and timetable helps a great deal in rationing our time properly. Sometimes, you might feel that 24 hours is too small for you, maybe because you did not achieve much that day. In order to solve the problem of wasting time, you must have an action plan. Everybody has more than one activities to execute daily, sometimes, we wake up with fear because of the numerous workload that will have ahead of us that day. Therefore, if you must maximize your time, get yourself an actionable easy-to-follow timetable.

7) Love all your course and lecturers: Till date, I am not good in chemistry and I don’t ever pray to jam chemistry in life again. What was the problem? From SS1, I hated my chemistry teacher and because of that I was always at the back sit making noise whenever we go for the class. It was like play and it affected me negatively. The 3 years I spent in senior secondary school and my year one in the university, I passed chemistry on twice. Therefore, if you must pass, never hate any subject or lecturer (teacher). Pay attention to all subjects and become friend with all your teachers.

cool Take your note, assignments, classes and tests very seriously: Be serious with copying notes, doing assignments, attending classes and take our test very seriously. Never neglect any of these that I listed. The seemingly little one has the ability of making you repeat a class or have a carry over.

9) Build your study network: Have your team. Reading teams will help you a great deal. For example, if you have a reading team of 4 people and you are to face mathematics, you might not be able to understand all the topics for that term or semester. With your reading team, if you have 12 topics for that term or semester, you could share the topic into 4 so that everyone will go and read and then come and teach. It helped us when we were preparing for our WAEC. In my team, we were 3 and we paid attention to the 5 most difficult subjects we had (Mathematics, English, Chemistry, Biology and Physics). How did this strategy he me in particular? I taught mathematics and physics. Whenever I want to read, I read as a teacher, not just to know it but to know it to the extent that I will be able to teach it. Then for the ones that I don’t know like chemistry, it was easier to understand it when my mate taught it than when a teacher does because the teacher has a limited time and want to cover a lot in this little time, but we had all the time to ourselves.

10) Make sure you see no course as difficult: Surmount every mountain and cross every river. If there appears to be any difficult course or subject to you, it does not actually mean that the course is difficult. It’s just a way of saying that you need to pay more attention to it. Bear it in mind that any course or subject that appears difficult was invented by a human being like you. The same course is passed by human beings like you. All you need is to give it time and before long, the difficulty will be nowhere to be found.

Having said all these, it is important to state that these are practical, tested and trusted steps that has proven reliable and true over time. I am a graduate and therefore, I think I am more experienced than some set of people. Therefore, I also see it as a privilege of advising the young ones. Try these steps and see the outcome, if you will not end as a successful student.
Share this:

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:13am On Jul 05, 2018
Great thread.
Number one is paramount!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by Folashade2016(f): 8:14am On Jul 05, 2018
Nice one tho!

check my SIGNATURE
Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by kennosklint(m): 8:14am On Jul 05, 2018
Thou shall not look big big yansh
Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by akeentech(m): 8:15am On Jul 05, 2018
The secret I used then. I dated a very brilliant gal in my department, I faced my study very well because I wouldn't want my gal scoring higher than me.

You can also read this

https://www.nairaland.com/4566535/best-apps-every-student-should#69097244

1 Like

Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 05, 2018
That #7 will be tough oooooo....
Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by mascot87(m): 8:21am On Jul 05, 2018
Best thread on Nairaland this year so far. smiley but unfortunately, you will hardly see people comment but if it is yansh now or breastt, they will flood this thread like volcanic eruption

1 Like

Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by TheLoser: 8:22am On Jul 05, 2018
You're just putting unnecessary pressure on these ppl after all the pressure they get from parents and society etc a person does not know that she should avoid distractions ni
this is more theatrical and religious than practical
Education in Nigeria is terrible except for a few institutions
My own logic that works for me is just don't care, no trouble no anxiety, no pressure at all whatsoever note not lazy,
whatever will be will be
Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by paulzee94(m): 8:37am On Jul 05, 2018
i really like this ......nothing like being successful
Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by qreem231(m): 8:42am On Jul 05, 2018
And in the end, eni to mo way, lo mo we.

1 Like

Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by pelicanbeau(f): 8:49am On Jul 05, 2018
Nice one here, but nairalanders will not read this...ask me how I know

2 Likes

Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by Younghacka(m): 8:51am On Jul 05, 2018
Very Correct Sir. . .
But To Read Your Books Everyday Is Quite Difficult Especially For We Phlegmatics Who Tend To Procastinate A Lot. . .
God Has Been Helping Me Tho. . .
Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by xpmode(m): 8:54am On Jul 05, 2018
Memory Verse Joshua 1:8

Who can recite that
Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by bashir1451(m): 8:57am On Jul 05, 2018
OP I didn't follow all that up diah, and I got good grades.
Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by Leo10000(m): 9:08am On Jul 05, 2018
bashir1451:
OP I didn't follow all that up diah, and I got good grades.

MY BROTHER U MUST VE DONE ONE OR TWO OUT OF IT
ON D CONTRARY,RUNS SEF FIT GIVE U SUCCESS FOR 9JA SCHOOLS

1 Like

Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by johnjay4u2u(m): 9:09am On Jul 05, 2018
Not for everyone
Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by Bantino(m): 9:13am On Jul 05, 2018
On point, nice one!!!
Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by GREATESTPIANIST: 9:28am On Jul 05, 2018
Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by chikachuks1(m): 10:28am On Jul 05, 2018
akeentech:
The secret I used then. I dated a very brilliant gal in my department, I faced my study very well because I wouldn't want my gal scoring higher than me.

You can also read this

https://www.nairaland.com/4566535/best-apps-every-student-should#69097244

that means you applied number 3
Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by chikachuks1(m): 10:29am On Jul 05, 2018
azraeljaheel:
That #7 will be tough oooooo....

yes sir. very tough but achievable. it really works
Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by chikachuks1(m): 10:30am On Jul 05, 2018
mascot87:
Best thread on Nairaland this year so far. smiley but unfortunately, you will hardly see people comment but if it is yansh now or breastt, they will flood this thread like volcanic eruption
thanks bro
Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by chikachuks1(m): 10:31am On Jul 05, 2018
paulzee94:
i really like this ......nothing like being successful

thanks boss
Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by chikachuks1(m): 10:32am On Jul 05, 2018
Younghacka:
Very Correct Sir. . .
But To Read Your Books Everyday Is Quite Difficult Especially For We Phlegmatics Who Tend To Procastinate A Lot. . .
God Has Been Helping Me Tho. . .

you can still work on yourself. reading daily is possible
Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by chikachuks1(m): 10:33am On Jul 05, 2018
Bantino:
On point, nice one!!!
thanks
Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by blessediam: 10:35am On Jul 05, 2018
This is superb.

thanks for posting.
Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by blessediam: 10:36am On Jul 05, 2018
mascot87:

as in grin
Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by stevenson007: 10:53am On Jul 05, 2018
I will try and put these things into practice!!!
Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by BabbanBura(m): 11:27am On Jul 05, 2018
chikachuks1:
Success is the focus of every student, yet it is achieved by few. This is inline with out commitment to help young people to become successful in their spheres of endeavor. Success has a given pathway and only those who tow that path end up as successful students. I have brought out these 10 commandments for every successful student in the making. Although, success is not limited to these commandments but I can guarantee the possibility and work-ability of these commandments. Remember that commandments are meant to be obeyed, therefore as you read, strive to obey them.

1) Thou shall not forget the Lord your God: He is the giver of true success. God remains the fountain of all knowledge, wisdom and understanding. If you must become a successful student and end your studies well, then you must not forget God. Every good and perfect gift comes from Him. Therefore the first place of reverence must be given to Him. Reverence and fear Him.

2) Thou shall avoid unnecessary distractions: Be single minded. Focus on your goal. There are many students who started well but gave heed to distractions and ended badly. Distractions will take you away from your pathway. Remember that you are in school to study, therefore, full attention should be given to your studies which is the singular reason for which you are in school. Be focused.

3) Thou shall shun unprofitable friends: Bad company corrupt good morals. Unprofitable friends will not help you. A popular adage says, “Show me your friend and I will tell you who you are”. If we actually want to know you, your friends will speak volume on that matter. If you are to take a survey of all the young boys and girls leading bad lives in the society, you will find out that many of them act under the influence of friends. As much as good friends will make you, bad ones will break and mar you. Good friends are your pillars while bad friends are your caterpillars. Good friends will build you while bad ones will demolish you. Be wise

4) Thou shall not yield to examination malpractice: Unfortunately, examination malpractice has become something inevitable in the lives of Nigerian students. Examination malpractice has made Nigerian education system to become one of the worst in the world. What will you teach your children tomorrow if you involved in examination malpractice today. Many people now say that Nigerian graduates are unemployable. It is simply because of malpractice. Do not deceive yourself, any result gotten through examination malpractice is a fake result and cannot be defended. It is very unfortunate that most people who claim to be spiritual are never spiritual in examination hall. Examination malpractice is evil. Shun it.

5) Remember to read your book every day: Reading people are always knowing people says the popular preacher – John Wesley. If you must be a successful student, you must pay more attention to your books than even you food and clothes. Read until hard becomes easy. Read until difficult becomes simple. No course or subject is ever difficult to someone who will pay attention to studying.
6) Have an actionable action plan or time table: Action plan and timetable helps a great deal in rationing our time properly. Sometimes, you might feel that 24 hours is too small for you, maybe because you did not achieve much that day. In order to solve the problem of wasting time, you must have an action plan. Everybody has more than one activities to execute daily, sometimes, we wake up with fear because of the numerous workload that will have ahead of us that day. Therefore, if you must maximize your time, get yourself an actionable easy-to-follow timetable.

7) Love all your course and lecturers: Till date, I am not good in chemistry and I don’t ever pray to jam chemistry in life again. What was the problem? From SS1, I hated my chemistry teacher and because of that I was always at the back sit making noise whenever we go for the class. It was like play and it affected me negatively. The 3 years I spent in senior secondary school and my year one in the university, I passed chemistry on twice. Therefore, if you must pass, never hate any subject or lecturer (teacher). Pay attention to all subjects and become friend with all your teachers.

cool Take your note, assignments, classes and tests very seriously: Be serious with copying notes, doing assignments, attending classes and take our test very seriously. Never neglect any of these that I listed. The seemingly little one has the ability of making you repeat a class or have a carry over.

9) Build your study network: Have your team. Reading teams will help you a great deal. For example, if you have a reading team of 4 people and you are to face mathematics, you might not be able to understand all the topics for that term or semester. With your reading team, if you have 12 topics for that term or semester, you could share the topic into 4 so that everyone will go and read and then come and teach. It helped us when we were preparing for our WAEC. In my team, we were 3 and we paid attention to the 5 most difficult subjects we had (Mathematics, English, Chemistry, Biology and Physics). How did this strategy he me in particular? I taught mathematics and physics. Whenever I want to read, I read as a teacher, not just to know it but to know it to the extent that I will be able to teach it. Then for the ones that I don’t know like chemistry, it was easier to understand it when my mate taught it than when a teacher does because the teacher has a limited time and want to cover a lot in this little time, but we had all the time to ourselves.

10) Make sure you see no course as difficult: Surmount every mountain and cross every river. If there appears to be any difficult course or subject to you, it does not actually mean that the course is difficult. It’s just a way of saying that you need to pay more attention to it. Bear it in mind that any course or subject that appears difficult was invented by a human being like you. The same course is passed by human beings like you. All you need is to give it time and before long, the difficulty will be nowhere to be found.

Having said all these, it is important to state that these are practical, tested and trusted steps that has proven reliable and true over time. I am a graduate and therefore, I think I am more experienced than some set of people. Therefore, I also see it as a privilege of advising the young ones. Try these steps and see the outcome, if you will not end as a successful student.
Share this:

Thanks OP fot sharing - am a testament to all these. Infact i still practice No. 6 - i have a daily work plan, weekly as well as annual. I set near (1-3 yrs), mid (2-5yrs) and long term (5-10yrs) plans including budget and i try to be disciplined to these.
During ma uni days, i had a workplan and schedule (time table) for all my daily activities for the week 247 - cooking times, lecture times, cleaning and washing times, sports, reading, visitations, rest times, religious times, etc and i honoured those to like 90%. If u come to visit me unannounced during my siesta, my room mates wont allow u to wake me up. No one can drag me to go watch dem superstory etc cos i get things to do at such times.

1 Like

Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by BabbanBura(m): 11:29am On Jul 05, 2018
chikachuks1:

Share this:

Thanks OP fot sharing - am a testament to all these. Infact i still practice No. 6 - i have a daily work plan, weekly as well as annual. I set near (1-3 yrs), mid (2-5yrs) and long term (5-10yrs) plans including budget and i try to be disciplined to these.
During ma uni days, i had a workplan and schedule (time table) for all my daily activities for the week 247 - cooking times, lecture times, cleaning and washing times, sports, reading, visitations, rest times, religious times, etc and i honoured those to like 90%. If u come to visit me unannounced during my siesta, my room mates wont allow u to wake me up. No one can drag me to go watch dem superstory etc cos i get things to do at such times
Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by xtreme07(m): 12:31pm On Jul 05, 2018
nice
Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 05, 2018
mascot87:

Volcanic eruption kwa
Re: 10 Commandments For Every Success Oriented Student by chikachuks1(m): 2:42pm On Jul 05, 2018
BabbanBura:

During ma uni days, i had a workplan and schedule (time table) for all my daily activities for the week 247 - cooking times, lecture times, cleaning and washing times, sports, reading, visitations, rest times, religious times, etc and i honoured those to like 90%. If u come to visit me unannounced during my siesta, my room mates wont allow u to wake me up. No one can drag me to go watch dem superstory etc cos i get things to do at such times

thanks boss. I'm motivated

(1) (2) (Reply)

Weird Facts Around The World / Where Can A Computer Scientist Work / 10 Most Muscular Dogs Breeds In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.