Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Employment! Employment!! Employment!!!- Nigeria My Country - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Employment! Employment!! Employment!!!- Nigeria My Country (654 Views)

Employment! Employment!! Employment!!! / Employment! Employment!! Employment!!! / Employment !! Employment!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Employment! Employment!! Employment!!!- Nigeria My Country by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 05, 2018
Dis is really Nigeria..

Hw can u go through d process of applying for a job, passed d required test /interview and sent a successful mail. And u where invited over for a discussion where u were asked how much u wntd d company to pay bt u refused stating any specific amount bt willing to accept what d company has to offer instead u were pressured to say something after which u gave a range (100-150k) for an accountant position. Only for u to b told u will b contacted on a stated day....
Days passed n u were neva contacted, u decided to contact d HR only for d HR to b saying dey r considering hiring an accountant bec of salary payment, bec sales is going down n bla bla bla.... without even making an offer if at all d applicant is willing to accept or reject. shocked

My question is were all dt not put into consideration before going on an open recruitment, inviting applicants for test/interview.

Wondering how much dey wanted to pay dt dey could not even state any amount rather than giving dose lame excuses.

Jus painful I spent my tym n resources for dt job.

It is well o... Nigga
Re: Employment! Employment!! Employment!!!- Nigeria My Country by Goddyss(m): 12:46pm On Jul 05, 2018
Try and work on your sentence structures and stop using stup!d abbreviation.

If I were a HR officer that interviewed you, I wouldn't offer you the employment based on the above stated errors

1 Like

Re: Employment! Employment!! Employment!!!- Nigeria My Country by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 05, 2018
Goddyss:
Try and work on your sentence structures and stop using stup!d abbreviation.

If I were a HR officer that interviewed you, I wouldn't offer you the employment based on the above stated errors

Who invited u to comment here. And who told u I am writing speech for a presentation dt I v to make it perfect for u.

1 Like

Re: Employment! Employment!! Employment!!!- Nigeria My Country by Fweezy(m): 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2018
It sounds more like the management either conducted the interview as a formality or that after the interview was conducted, they decided to select a special candidate for the job on the orders of the Oga at the top and yes, your guess is as good as mine. This special candidate didn't go through the stress of the interview as you did and so you most likely wont know the person and neither will you be told if and when the person starts the actual job. The response from the HR about getting an accountant to resolve salary issues is just a load of crap and meant to distract and discourage you. They probably see you as a plan B or a plan C, If their plan A of getting the special candidate to accept the job offer fails. It has absolutely nothing to do with the salary figure you gave them or if their sales is going up or down. Unless the company appears to be an upstart newcomer to the business and come out as if they don't know what they are doing and how to run their own business properly.
Re: Employment! Employment!! Employment!!!- Nigeria My Country by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 05, 2018
Fweezy:
It sounds more like the management either conducted the interview as a formality or that they decided to select a special candidate for the job on the orders of the Oga at the top and yes, your guess is as good as mine. This special candidate didn't go through the stress of the interview as you did and so you most likely wont know the person and neither will you be told if and when the person starts the actual job. The response from the HR about getting an accountant to resolve salary issues is just a load of crap and meant to distract and discourage you. They probably see you as a plan B or a plan C, If their plan A of getting the special candidate to accept the job offer fails.

I was nt d only one invited for d test/interview. And before we left we were told dey wntd 2person n successful mail will b sent to successful applicants. D day I went 4 d discussion I was told dey choose only me. So u can imagine.
Re: Employment! Employment!! Employment!!!- Nigeria My Country by Fweezy(m): 1:53pm On Jul 05, 2018
Cohis:

I was nt d only one invited for d test/interview. And before we left we were told dey wntd 2person n successful mail will b sent to successful applicants. D day I went 4 d discussion I was told dey choose only me. So u can imagine.

IMO nobody conducts an interview only to hang the successful candidate afterwards unless the management has changed their minds along the way or they would rather get someone else. Have you tried contacting the second runner-up after you if he had been called back? His response should give an insight into what the management feels about you as the choice candidate. But if by a stroke of chance, they might actually be sincere and want to sort their internal issues first before bringing you on board then you have nothing to fear. Just relax and give it a while, say another week or two. They'll definitely call you back and bargain your pay with you.

From the tenseness in your writing I can tell you really need this job very badly cos you may have been down and out for a while. I want to encourage you to hang on tight, be positive and hopeful things will turn out alright ok. On the flip side dont appear to be too desperate or those guys may take you for a long ride and shortchange you of the sales you make at the end of the day. Also take a critical look at this company with surgical critical eyes, if you notice they got too many internal managerial problems of their own with their employees and clients then watch yourself and dont get caught in too deep. Look out to other companies, improve on your self and your skills and pray for the best.
Re: Employment! Employment!! Employment!!!- Nigeria My Country by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 05, 2018
[quote author=Fweezy post=69106251]

IMO nobody conducts an interview only to hang the successful candidate afterwards unless the management has changed their minds along the way or they would rather get someone else. Have you tried contacting the second runner-up after you if he had been called back? His response should give an insight into what the management feels about you as the choice candidate. But if by a stroke of chance, they might actually be sincere and want to sort their internal issues first before bringing you on board then you have nothing to fear. Just relax and give it a while, say another week or two. They'll definitely call you back and bargain your pay with you.

From the tenseness in your writing I can tell you really need this job very badly cos you may have been down and out for a while. I want to encourage you to hang on tight, be positive and hopeful things will turn out alright ok. On the flip side dont appear to be too desperate or those guys may take you for a long ride and shortchange you of the sales you make at the end of the day. Also take a critical look at this company with surgical critical eyes, if you notice they got too many internal managerial problems of their own with their employees and clients then watch yourself and dont get caught in too deep. Look out to other companies, improve on your self and your skills and pray for the best.

[/quot

From my knowledge, No other applicant was contacted because I spoke to a few of dem n I was told dey received an unsucessful msg.

In all, God knws best.

Thanks for ur response.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Latest Job Vacancies At The British American Tobacco, 18th July, 2018 / PINS Integrated Solutions Interview Invite / My Sister Needs A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.