Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,540 members, 7,837,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic  - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic  (8757 Views)

Akeredolu: Foreigners From Mali Trained In Libya Behind Attack On Owo Church / DSS didn't arrest me, Sunday Igboho debunks arrest rumour / INEC Registering Foreigners From Niger To Vote In 2019 - Southern,m'belt Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by Blue3k2: 5:19pm On Jul 05, 2018
Abuja – The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) has debunked rumours that its officers in Kogi had arrested about 200 foreigners heading for Ekiti.

Immigration boss, Muhammad Babandede Spokesman of the agency, Mr Sunday James, dismissed the speculation in a statement in Abuja on Thursday.

James said although some travelers were intercepted by men of the Kogi Command of the service on routine assignment, none of them was found to be a foreigner.

“The Comptroller of Immigration, Kogi Command, under whose jurisdiction the travelers were intercepted, confirmed with records that they were all Nigerians.

“No single Nigerien (citizen of neighbouring Republic of Niger) was found among the people apprehended.

“The command profiled them to ascertain their true nationality and contrary to reports making rounds, they are all Nigerian citizens traveling to Lagos for their legitimate businesses,” he said.

Voters in Ekiti will go to the polls on July 14 for the state governorship election that would produce a successor to outgoing Gov. Ayodele Fayose.

(NAN)

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/07/immigration-debunks-arrest-of-ekiti-bound-foreigners/

Front Page: Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by madridguy(m): 5:19pm On Jul 05, 2018
PDP and lies are like twins tongue

Fayose should write his hand over notes and report to kuje.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by yarimo(m): 5:23pm On Jul 05, 2018
Lies in the morning, lies in the evening and lies while sleeping. that is how PDP want to govern Ekiti State . Nooo way

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by DIYhackers: 5:31pm On Jul 05, 2018
Debunked a story

1 Like

Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 05, 2018
Sorry sir, how did you check their records?

-Do Nigerians now use passport to travel within?
-Or is their a means of identity to get voters card?
-Were you issued birth certificate of them?
-If they all had legitimate means of income for proper identification, why are they being conveyed in trucks?
-did they come in through the airports?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by davibid: 5:32pm On Jul 05, 2018
I'm not in mood for lies

1 Like

Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by nairavsdollars(f): 5:32pm On Jul 05, 2018
Let Fayose keep spreading lies there. Him eyes go soon clear

7 Likes

Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by Redoil: 5:33pm On Jul 05, 2018
Buhari brother comming from maradi in niger to wreck havoc in ekiti election so as to bring apc to power

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by adecz: 5:33pm On Jul 05, 2018
undecided

Their "legitimate business" of
raping, kidnapping, armed robbery
& mass murder..

Some ogas at the top must have issued
directives to free the aliens or lose
your job.

The guns are already awaiting them.

In the name of "Chanji",
we don use our hands vote bloodthirsty
fanatics into power.. cry cry cry cry cry cry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by Flexherbal(m): 5:33pm On Jul 05, 2018
“The Comptroller of Immigration, Kogi Command, under whose jurisdiction the travelers were intercepted, confirmed with records that they were all Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by AutoSpaNg: 5:33pm On Jul 05, 2018
jkyutr
Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 05, 2018
If something is not done about fake news ehn
Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by JohnVianney: 5:33pm On Jul 05, 2018
For this to be coming at a very sensitive election period, I choose to differ on the opinion of the subject matter.

There has already been a precedence of importing mercenaries and under age voters as witnessed in the 2015 elections. I won't be surprised if that's what is actually at play here.

When the Nigerian government is swift to deny something, most times there's a lot of truth in it.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by zlantanfan: 5:34pm On Jul 05, 2018
Confused bloggers
Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by fulaniHERDSman(m): 5:35pm On Jul 05, 2018
grin
Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by anigold(m): 5:35pm On Jul 05, 2018
Blue3k2:

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/07/immigration-debunks-arrest-of-ekiti-bound-foreigners/

until we start hearing suicide bombing that's when we will be sure there were all Nigeriens
Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by CriticMaestro: 5:35pm On Jul 05, 2018
200 is big enough a crowd to investigate, even if they are indigenes or not...there some indigenes that cause mayhem like foreigners
Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by Blue3k2: 5:37pm On Jul 05, 2018
Lol I'm most people losing their minds yesterday wont comeback. The reporters somehow got the final destination wrong. The way fake news dpreads is amazing.
Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by innocential3032(m): 5:37pm On Jul 05, 2018
PDP is a continual process in EKITI
Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by GavelSlam: 5:38pm On Jul 05, 2018
Nigerians have the right to travel to any part of the country in numbers.

Ekene Dili Chukwu, God is Good Motors, Calculux all move people without news.

If they weren't found with arms or any incriminating item you have to let them go.

Roll on Roll off.
Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by maximunimpact(m): 5:39pm On Jul 05, 2018
The number of people involved, the timing and the location is enough red flag.
Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by nabegibeg: 5:39pm On Jul 05, 2018
Blue3k2:

Lies every corner, chai

it is tough living in this generation

1 Like

Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by Afonja007: 5:41pm On Jul 05, 2018
yarimo:
Lies in the morning, lies in the evening and lies while sleeping. that is how PDP want to govern Ekiti State . Nooo way
even 70 percent northerners are foreigners a only people from middle are the real indigenous northerners to you that every fulani surname is name of a town ,when fulani people immigrate to any town or village they will use that towns name as surname Eg alhaji tofa of tofa town

1 Like

Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by keszz124(m): 5:42pm On Jul 05, 2018
good day niralander. i was introduce to nairaland becos of my issue. am a factory worker and my wife just gave birth. iam really suffering na. i need financial assistance. pls dont mind my english. not a graduate. my acct number. 2078234468. U. B. A bank. thanks all. nothing is too small
Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by uba1991: 5:43pm On Jul 05, 2018
JohnVianney:
We all know what happened here. Bubu's brothers from Niger were intercepted while on journey to ekiti state to inflste voters numbers for APC's candidate.
The Immigration comptroller wasnt informed about their movement on time, so he naïvely arrested them in good faith. Someone then phoned bubu about the latest update and you know the rest..........
just imagine how ur brain is working
Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 05, 2018
I just hope he is right. A country with porous borders up north can be dangerous. Violence or voters can be imported.
Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by uba1991: 5:46pm On Jul 05, 2018
why wont dis USELESS bloggers b arrested. this people are bend on using fake news to destroy dis country
Re: Immigration Debunks Arrest Of Ekiti-bound Foreigners from Niger Republic by OBAGADAFFI: 6:11pm On Jul 05, 2018
And they were loaded on Trucks to where?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Can't Believe This Is Our Vice President, Disaster Averted / APC NEC Approves 50% Discount On Nomination Forms For Everyone Under 40 / Court Orders EFCC To Pay Emefiele N100m Over Fundamental Rights Violation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.